Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
I'm happy to be priority #2. I've seen the Saints, Dogs and Tigers games, it's fair now that others that missed get a crack. It seems to have gone like:

Showdown - Ballot - Was the fairest option

Saints Game - 20k crowd and structured for commitment levels for those that missed out on the showdown - again a fair option, and importantly the tickets got all the way through the priority list before all being taken.

Bulldogs Game - Given everyone got to have a crack at tickets for the Saints game if they wanted them, they changed tickets to purely basing it on membership levels/categories. Again a good decision and fair to those that have committed more, especially given that it appeared based on the Saints game that anyone that really wanted a ticket would get one.

Richmond Game - Same as Dogs, system was working, why change? Big curveball hit though with not enough time to plan and that was reduced capacity. So they stuck with the membership category model, but a lot of people missed out. It was the right thing to do, but I think most people that went to that game realised they might miss out on the next.

Hawks Game - Smartly, the club is allowing those that missed out to get first crack, but those that went last week still have a chance if not all the tickets are snapped up straight away. Again, it is the right decision and the fairest way to do this.

The trick now becomes the next game. If capacity isn't increased, the Hawks game ticket model may be repeated. So if you don't really want to miss out on the next game post-Hawks, which could well be the Bombers or Pies at home, then it might be worth skipping on getting a ticket. However in that instance you're risking that they may increase capacity, return to the Bulldogs game ticket structure and you could've gone to both?

bringbackbucky

Premiership Player
Dec 24, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide
There would have been a lot of those people in P1 who had paid 100% of their membership that missed out on the last game because of the reduced numbers, so it's giving them a shot at a ticket. They haven't paid any less money than us.
I wouldn't have thought any P1 should've missed out on a ticket last week if they did the transaction at the right time?

I got 4 extra tickets with P2 barcodes?

I wouldn't have thought any P1 should've missed out on a ticket last week if they did the transaction at the right time?

If that's the case there shouldn't be too much of a problem this week. Just peace of mind for those that missed the Richmond game.

I thought I saw a message from the club before the end of that day saying the whole allocation of tickets had been exhausted before the P2 timeslot was over. I know some people who work that were finding it hard to get online early in the day to get tickets too.

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm now in the same category as 6 game members and people who pledged 50%. That doesn't sit well with me.
No you're not, because those people haven't really had the chance to attend a game yet.

From the way this seems to be written, you'll go back up into the Priority #1 group for the next game. And everyone who attended the Hawthorn game will drop down into priority #2.

The whole point is that without excluding the people who attended the previous game, there are more Priority #1 group members than there are tickets.
What is being done is allowing everyone who would fit into priority group #1 the chance to attend some game.

Duckimus Prime

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2008
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I dont buy that it would have been cheaper given that the entire stadium was open as opposed to certain areas being closed when we had a 20k sized crowd.

Marshall might not have made the decision officially, but he leant on the SMA to make this happen. It was either that or they would have mandated it at the party meeting on the Friday.
The Government never made a decision. The Press contact the SA Health, who are public servants not politicians and all SA Health said was that the government were considering whether to reduce the crowds or not. They were actually giving the SMA a chance to show that it could successfully keep that larger crowds.

The SMA instead decided to drop the attendance limit down to 10k.

As mean as it sounds - no, i don't think they do. They could afford 100% membership when they thought games were on and they decided to pull back a refund. I reckon at that point they lost their place in the queue.
The club is in a no-win situation. Just think it is the wrong call...
I'm not angry or anything but I tend to agree with this. My Black Diamond membership is, I think, $675. How much does a Silver reserved seat or 11-game GA membership cost?

I'm now in the same category as 6 game members and people who pledged 50%. That doesn't sit well with me.

I see both points - and to be honest am taking what I get and not holding anything against the club this year. It’s difficult.

That being said, priority groups should not have limited game memberships (3/6 game) in the same category as 11. That’s clearly not fair.

El_Scorcho

Hall of Famer
Aug 21, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Aston Villa, San Antonio Spurs
I am still P1 for this because I was working for the Richmond game, but I'm not sure I agree with the change in priority.

If every game had sold out before P2 had a chance I'd be okay with this, but I'm of the understanding that P2 people have gotten tickets for at least the 20k capacity games so far? I'm sure lots of people missed out on the Richmond game, but how many P2 people have made a genuine and timely attempt to get a ticket for every game and missed out each time?

Forward Flank

Team Captain
Jul 18, 2020
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
yeah that was bullshit. The government didn't make a formal announcement, just a hint at a press conference by Marshall and then the SMA made a unilateral decision within 3 hours of the presser. Couldn't have Port having 21,000 show up and the crows only 9,000.
The decision to drop the capacity to 10k was a knee-jerk reaction to a few cases of returning travellers from Victoria. There were zero community transmissions. Marshall absolutely should look at increasing capacity to 20-25k again.

Back