Tickets vs Collingwood

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hi - was wondering if anyone can help with ticket info for this Friday.

So I am a member, and I’m registering for tickets to the game on Wednesday, so hopefully I’ll get one.

However, does anyone know what the deal is with MCC and AFL memberships with the reduced capacity?

My understanding is our membership allocation - as the away team - is 5000.

If I missed out on the member tickets, are AFL membership/MCC still able to be used? I have a couple of friends who are MCC/AFL members who won’t be using their ticket as they’re not Pies or Dogs fans, but I don’t know if with the reduced capacity, if the stadium structure is just Pies members/Dogs members and small general public sale.

If anyone was able to help would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Afl members/mcc etc go on sale tomorrow. After the club allocation window closes on weds morning it then goes to general public if any left.

Sorry - probably in wrong thread, but is my understanding right in that Collingwood has first grabs of all available tickets for round 1 and Bulldog members only get some if there's any left? Or is the available ticket total broken up into percentages (e.g. 80% C'wood, 20% Bulldogs)???

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Sorry - probably in wrong thread, but is my understanding right in that Collingwood has first grabs of all available tickets for round 1 and Bulldog members only get some if there's any left? Or is the available ticket total broken up into percentages (e.g. 80% C'wood, 20% Bulldogs)???
We will have a minimal amount as their home game. About 4K I understand.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
We get some reserved for us but yea that is the way they are doing it for all vic clubs until we reach 100% capacity.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes

So I am a member, and I’m registering for tickets to the game on Wednesday, so hopefully I’ll get one.

However, does anyone know what the deal is with MCC and AFL memberships with the reduced capacity?

If I missed out on the member tickets, are AFL membership/MCC still able to be used? I have a couple of friends who are MCC/AFL members who won’t be using their ticket as they’re not Pies or Dogs fans, but I don’t know if with the reduced capacity, if the stadium structure is just Pies members/Dogs members and small general public sale.

Thanks!

Thanks!
hi mate. You will still struggle getting a afl members ticket due to pies/dogs afl members getting priority.

Thanks!

Pretty sure I read somewhere we were being allocated 4,000 tickets for Friday night.

Better than Carlton who are only getting 2,000 for Thursday.

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
Thanks guys.

So what is distribution for the 50,000? All I know is we get 5000.

Do Collingwood get 45,000, us 5000, and any remaining to general public?

Also, my email from the club says I’m a member with away access.

Does this mean that on Wednesday I am guaranteed a ticket, or that I have to register during the window and hope that the club gives me one?

Just another reason to hate Covid, making all this confusing!

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Thanks guys.

Does this mean that on Wednesday I am guaranteed a ticket, or that I have to register during the window and hope that the club gives me one?

We have 4K not 5k. Afl members get first priority but no idea the allocation. Then Collingwood members, then us (4K), then general public. As only 4K you’re far from guaranteed a ticket unless only 4K Bulldogs members apply.

Thanks guys.

You won't be registering, you'll be on Ticketek site during the away team window from 10am to 12 on Wednesday trying to buy tickets.

Why don't you buy a North membership and you should be able to get in to their games ;)

Leon

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 13, 2004
Bound for Germany 2006!
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Harry's Heroes
You won't be registering, you'll be on Ticketek site during the away team window from 10am to 12 on Wednesday trying to buy tickets.

Why don't you buy a North membership and you should be able to get in to their games ;)

Being around Norf fans is as dangerous to my health as Covid ;)

Thanks again.

Goddamn you Covid. Bad enough the health and economic ruin you have wrought but now you’re making going to the footy hard.

And we'll be going through this bullshit every week. Hope everyone has understanding bosses, lecturers, teachers, etc

Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

Or buy a Great Waste of Space membership and boost their membership tally by 33% (I think the AFL will also give you $100 in cash for applying for a GWS membership ticket)

Thanks guys.

Herald Sun 12 March

"Collingwood is set to allocate around 4000 tickets to Western Bulldogs members for the Round 1 clash".

Collingwood v Western Bulldogs, MCG
Friday March 19

Current capacity: 50,000

Ticketing agent: ticketek.com.au

On-sale times

Monday March 15 9:00am: MCC Members

Tuesday March 16 10:00am: AFL Members

Priority 1: from 10:00am

Priority 2: from 11:00am

Tuesday March 16 1:00pm: Collingwood Members

Priority 1: from 1:00pm

Priority 2: from 3:00pm

Priority 3: from 5:00pm

Wednesday March 17 10:00am: Western Bulldogs Members

Wednesday March 17 1:00pm: General Public (subject to availability)

So we're 7th in the priority order !!

I know Carlton and Richmond members who’ve missed out :(

No doubt, Tigers supporters will be desperate with them unfurling two flags.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Thanks guys.

I think it’s roughly pro-rata’d, so out of that 50,000 roughly 25% will be for MCC members. I’d imagine after AFL members and corporates probably around 50% of tickets will go to club members.

Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Memphis Grizzlies
Good luck to everyone vying for a ticket. I'm anxious already and I'm not trying to book one until next round.

May 22, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So I’m trying to look now at the exact process of buying a ticket online with all these new procedures, barcodes and systems.

I’ll have wifi backed up by super fast data as a fail safe, to give myself the best chance to get a ticket on Wednesday.

Yeah, I’m a bit keen 😂

Back