Tickets vs Collingwood

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hi - was wondering if anyone can help with ticket info for this Friday.

So I am a member, and I’m registering for tickets to the game on Wednesday, so hopefully I’ll get one.

However, does anyone know what the deal is with MCC and AFL memberships with the reduced capacity?

My understanding is our membership allocation - as the away team - is 5000.

If I missed out on the member tickets, are AFL membership/MCC still able to be used? I have a couple of friends who are MCC/AFL members who won’t be using their ticket as they’re not Pies or Dogs fans, but I don’t know if with the reduced capacity, if the stadium structure is just Pies members/Dogs members and small general public sale.

If anyone was able to help would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Afl members/mcc etc go on sale tomorrow. After the club allocation window closes on weds morning it then goes to general public if any left.

As I said no booking fees yesterday in the afl members window. Is the booking fee only against those that paid for an upgrade?

No, I took the $0 seats and was charged $3.15 bf.

Ticketmaster was no booking fee for the North v Port game

Last edited:

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
So you didnt buy any tickets, so have no idea about how the system operated this morning.

You, and many other seem to be missing the point. If I was told before hand that I had to pay $20 to buy a ticket I would have gladly done so. But that is not the case. We were told the seats would be $0.

If you went in to a shop saying that a product was $0, and when you got to the register, you were told that they were in fact $20, you would not be happy. If you took 6 of those products to the counter and were told it was $120 you would be even less happy.

I know you will say, no, as long as I got the product, that's all that matters, because all you do is like to disagree with others on here and pick fights.

And you think by saying Andrews Covid state your being smart and looking for a reaction, well you won't be getting one here.

Now please, get out of thread talking about tickets to the Pies v Dogs game, when you didn't even by any tickets to the game.

No I’m saying an Andrews Covid state because he has and will continue to have harsher restrictions than any other state so we have to live in that reality as part of planning to see footy.

Do you want that $1?

If I went into a shop and saw an extra cost I didn’t want to pay I WOULDNT PAY IT. I wouldn’t hand my money across and then scream at the cashier for the extra fee if just turn and walk.

and then when I saw the line of 1000s behind me that didn’t get a chance to buy the product I might realise I won out this time and shut my yap and stop sooking

Pocket Terrace

Team Captain
Sep 21, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I can’t attend so bought none and gave my two allocated away to mates.

But if I did buy some I wouldn’t be crying like a child over $100 in a Covid state that any of us are lucky to go to the footy under Andrews leadership.

I personally think you are being a petulant child with this attitude in a Andrews Covid state. If you really need the $100 I’m happy to send it to you, actually I’m not I will just spend it on tickets in the coming weeks.

You are going be grateful and enjoy the game because many that wanted to go aren’t

I understand what you are saying. Footy is back and that's great. I'm excited to be going and am willing to pay for the privilege.

I think the issue is that the club have been clear about $0 tickets for away games as part of this season's membership structure as a 'thank you'. Then we log-in and find something completely different. It's almost the old, "don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining."

And if it's crying and overreaction that you are against... didn't you float the idea of trading out Jack Macrea after we got knocked out by the Saints last year?

No I’m saying an Andrews Covid state because he has and will continue to have harsher restrictions than any other state so we have to live in that reality as part of planning to see footy.

Do you want that $1?

All the more reason why the club needs to get its communication correct.

And you can stick the $1 up your arse

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I understand what you are saying. Footy is back and that's great. I'm excited to be going and am willing to pay for the privilege.

I think the issue is that the club have been clear about $0 tickets for away games as part of this season's membership structure as a 'thank you'. Then we log-in and find something completely different. It's almost the old, "don't piss down my leg and tell me it's raining."

And if it's crying and overreaction that you are against... didn't you float the idea of trading out Jack Macrea after we got knocked out by the Saints last year?

lol the old completely out of context sentence.

I know what the issue is, I still think it’s sooking

Made the decision not to go this week (as much as I wanted to) but the idea of having to be up the back of the top level at 32 weeks pregnant did not appeal. The fee to get a decent seat is irritating but don’t think it’s the clubs doing. Telling you now though, if I cannot get level one seats for next week, I will not be happy! At all! For all those attending, enjoy it - I went to the Melbourne game and it was so good to be back at the footy - didn’t fully realise how much I have missed it.

That’s all fair enough. This is also in the bulldogs FAQ in relation to the booking fee I and other people have paid:

View attachment 1078824
I asked that question to the dogs membership lady the other week and was told we should not have to pay a booking fee. Guessing the fee is the agencies choice not the clubs but it needs to be explained.

There was zero correspondence on this. The messaging has been clear that tickets at 10am were $0 for all away members. I logged on at precisely the right time relayed to me, couldn't find any $0 (I'm sure they were there but had difficulty locating) and in a panic paid for an upgrade because I didn't want to miss out. I then receive a text from the Bulldogs after this.

I won't get too upset about this, I have a ticket and I'm a rusted on Bulldogs member and can afford it. I'm more concerned about pissing off a large portion of our membership base that WILL get very upset by this and will cost us members.
Silver lining is that you have better seats than the freebies in the nosebleeds.

Mattdougie

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 29, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Made the decision not to go this week (as much as I wanted to) but the idea of having to be up the back of the top level at 32 weeks pregnant did not appeal. The fee to get a decent seat is irritating but don’t think it’s the clubs doing. Telling you now though, if I cannot get level one seats for next week, I will not be happy! At all! For all those attending, enjoy it - I went to the Melbourne game and it was so good to be back at the footy - didn’t fully realise how much I have missed it.

do you have an allocated lock in seat because if you don’t be prepared to be upset I think.

Its a shitty deal with the shadow of Covid hanging over an itchy trigger fingered leader but i think We are in for another year of compromised footy under a Covid cloud. I think anyone that gets a ticket should be grateful and if the additional fee is an issue just don’t pay it. Pretty simple

Being pregnant makes it another ball game for you so hope you get lucky

Pugz89

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 29, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
You should be fine given it is our home game. We will get first dibs next week. Good Friday will be interesting, but hopefully crowds are at 75% by then, so 42k or so should see most fans get a seat.

Just had a look, where’s the free option?
Click around, there's an option there. Dogs13 just confirmed as well. Note: we are talking about $0 seats as opposed to the upgrade seats which cost extra.

Separate to that issue, all purchases have the booking fee from Ticketek, which is a scam/rort but hardly anything to do with the club.

Click around, there's an option there. Dogs13 just confirmed as well. Note: we are talking about $0 seats as opposed to the upgrade seats which cost extra.

Separate to that issue, all purchases have the booking fee from Ticketek, which is a scam/rort but hardly anything to do with the club.

I just checked, looks like the allocation is exhausted.

I think next week will be a lot better due to being a home game, also think it will be a better process for Marvel through Ticketmaster and not ticketek.

Also, congrats for upcoming baby kermit!

random__hero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Blackhawks, SF Giants, 49ers, Jazz
Yeah, that's Ticketek gouging for you. All ticket sites do it.

I note the club said there would be no booking fees, so seems like Ticketek have just said eff you to the clubs and their supporters.

i didn’t get charged a fee yesterday but that was through the AFL members on-sale, so maybe there’s different rules?

I can’t attend so bought none and gave my two allocated away to mates.

But if I did buy some I wouldn’t be crying like a child over $100 in a Covid state that any of us are lucky to go to the footy under Andrews leadership.

I personally think you are being a petulant child with this attitude in a Andrews Covid state. If you really need the $100 I’m happy to send it to you, actually I’m not I will just spend it on tickets in the coming weeks and then come in here and sook coz I had too.

You are going be grateful and enjoy the game because many that wanted to go aren’t.

The AFL is one of the only comps in the world that guarantees access to games for away fans. Most you are in a raffle like this every week. As a club we don’t turn up to home games so started to whinge about lack of entry to away games is laughable. We made our own bed with poor attendance forever. We are lucky to get the 4000 we did and you are one of those and are still ungrateful You got stung a few by a big corporation that does it any chance it can.
So what you did was deny two Bulldog members the ability to go to the game? You have had a go at the Government, MYOB, supporters and the members of this board which is not a bad scattering of bile and hubris preseason. A lot of Bulldog members are suffering financially and many more will be shortly, for you to bandy the $100 around is p1ss poor to say the least. Last year you had some great posts and insights into our game but stuff like this makes everyone feel down and the threads spiral out of control. A lot of us do not want to hear the vitriol and the angst this year and this should be a safe place to come.

Last edited:
All the best Kermit for a happy tadpole just in time to see their first premiership!

Back