Tickets vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi - was wondering if anyone can help with ticket info for this Friday.

So I am a member, and I’m registering for tickets to the game on Wednesday, so hopefully I’ll get one.

However, does anyone know what the deal is with MCC and AFL memberships with the reduced capacity?

My understanding is our membership allocation - as the away team - is 5000.

If I missed out on the member tickets, are AFL membership/MCC still able to be used? I have a couple of friends who are MCC/AFL members who won’t be using their ticket as they’re not Pies or Dogs fans, but I don’t know if with the reduced capacity, if the stadium structure is just Pies members/Dogs members and small general public sale.

If anyone was able to help would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Afl members/mcc etc go on sale tomorrow. After the club allocation window closes on weds morning it then goes to general public if any left.

So what you did was deny two Bulldog members the ability to go to the game? You have had a go at the Government, MYOB, supporters and the members of this board which is not a bad scattering of bile and hubris preseason. A lot of Bulldog members are suffering financially and many more will be shortly, for you to bandy the $100 around is p1ss poor to say the least. Last year you had some great posts insights into our game but stuff like this makes everyone feel down and the threads spiral out of control. A lot of us do not want to hear the vitriol and the angst this year and this should be a safe place to come.

Lol really?

So me standing up for the people that couldn’t go is negative??

MYOB CHOSE to pay the additional fee, no one forced him to do it so again my opinion is that’s pathetic and if you disagree then that’s your opinion

Had a go at the government? I said they have an itchy trigger finger. You disagree?

so you twisted my words to make them sound worse than the were then throw it back at me? Lol good old big footy.

PS who I gave my tickets to is none of your business but I gave them to 2 much older friends who struggle with internet. They have been members longer than most likely both of us have been alive

Last edited:
I always sit on level 3. Level 1 (M6) row T a decent kind of seat? I’m over the moon that I have any kind of seat, just wondering if anyone has any info on this.
1615944780883.png

MYOB CHOSE to pay the additional fee, no one forced him to do it so again my opinion is that’s pathetic and if you disagree then that’s your opinion

The only thing pathetic in this thread is you.

There are numerous people in this thread and other social media sites saying that they were left with no other choice but to pay as they could not see any other way to purchase the tickets.

The only thing pathetic in this thread is you.

There are numerous people in this thread and other social media sites saying that they were left with no other choice but to pay as they could not see any other way to purchase the tickets.

$1?

you still CHOSE to pay the fee. Stop whinging

$1?

you still CHOSE to pay the fee. Stop whinging

Yes, I paid the fee.
No, I was not told there was a possibility that a fee would be payable, prior to trying to buy the tickets.

Being told to stop whinging from the biggest whinger on this forum, who did not buy any tickets, so has no skin in the game, is laughable.

So is this going to be a massive windfall for Ticketek ?

Instead of using their membership cards to access the ground tens of thousands of people booking on Ticketek being charged booking fees EVERY week.

Yes, I paid the fee.
No, I was not told there was a possibility that a fee would be payable, prior to trying to buy the tickets.

Being told to stop whinging from the biggest whinger on this forum, who did not buy any tickets, so has no skin in the game, is laughable.

So you don’t want the $1?

Enjoy the game Karen 😘

Wow, and I thought there was a ceiling to how big a flog one poster could be. This thread smashes right through that. Next level.
If this is the way our own boards are going to be during the season I’m out. See some of you on the SuperCoach boards.

Look probably should have been better communication by the club, agreed. But it’s still up to the MCG to name their price for upgraded seats. The club was obviously offering 0$ GA seats to members, out of their own pocket. Obviously once the GA allocation was exhausted you’d have to pay for an upgrade to sit in a better seat, why shouldn’t you? Again, club maybe should have communicated this because apparently some people can’t think for themselves. But geez having a cry when you paid $20 for one of 3000!!!! Tickets to dogs fans, in these circumstances. I honestly have no sympathy for you whatsoever. Forfeit your ticket for someone who wants it if you don’t want to pay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our allocation mustn't have even sold out as I was able to purchase some in the public sale at 1pm

Look probably should have been better communication by the club, agreed. But it’s still up to the MCG to name their price for upgraded seats. The club was obviously offering 0$ GA seats to members, out of their own pocket. Obviously once the GA allocation was exhausted you’d have to pay for an upgrade to sit in a better seat, why shouldn’t you? Again, club maybe should have communicated this because apparently some people can’t think for themselves. But geez having a cry when you paid $20 for one of 3000!!!! Tickets to dogs fans, in these circumstances. I honestly have no sympathy for you whatsoever. Forfeit your ticket for someone who wants it if you don’t want to pay.

Once again, you are missing the point, I would have been happy to pay for the tickets.

No where in any of the communication from the club did it say the tickets were GA tickets, so why would anyone assume that to be the case.

The club has sent so many emails about these tickets, with tips of what to do to prepare for the sale, but not once did they make any mention of having to pay an upgrade fee.

I'd suggest that's a pretty big over sight. Wouldn't you?.

Once they realised they'd ****ed up, they sent a message at 10.11am, after I had bought the tickets.

Good luck to any of you running businesses, but that is certainly not how you treat your customers.

Don't forget that you'll have to pay at least $10 ($5 for juniors) for a reserved seat for our home games, according to the email that was sent out in October.

"As a Silver member in 2021, you will have access to the same Level 1 seating at Marvel Stadium, with the ability to secure a reserved seat for the games you wish to attend. You will be able to do this by paying a flat fee of $10 ($5 for juniors) as part of a standard ticket booking process. This means that even if members choose to secure seats at all nine home games, adult members will save $50, junior members $55, and family members $150 on the corresponding 2020 Silver membership".

It's probably not worth this much fuss...But MYOB is right about the whole thing.

Ticketek is known for supreme dodginess and being difficult to work with, so I'm not entirely surprised. And unfortunately our club doesn't exactly have the greatest communication with its members either.

It is pretty s**t because Ticketek would have been banking on the confusion to get people to upgrade tickets when they may not have otherwise. All the talk about tickets selling out, get in quick, even putting that timer on your transaction - all designed to get customers under the pump and panic buying upgrades.

At least the upgrades themselves weren't really expensive. But that isn't really the point here, the issue is Ticketek being unethical (very on brand) and poor communication from the club (also on brand).

At least we know now, and hopefully nobody has any trouble getting into the next couple of Marvel games.

It's probably not worth this much fuss...But MYOB is right about the whole thing.

Ticketek is known for supreme dodginess and being difficult to work with, so I'm not entirely surprised. And unfortunately our club doesn't exactly have the greatest communication with its members either.

It is pretty sh*t because Ticketek would have been banking on the confusion to get people to upgrade tickets when they may not have otherwise. All the talk about tickets selling out, get in quick, even putting that timer on your transaction - all designed to get customers under the pump and panic buying upgrades.

At least the upgrades themselves weren't really expensive. But that isn't really the point here, the issue is Ticketek being unethical (very on brand) and poor communication from the club (also on brand).

At least we know now, and hopefully nobody has any trouble getting into the next couple of Marvel games.
This is the big issue. We were consistently marketed with $0 tickets and $0 booking fees through communication via the club. I've end up paying an upgrade fee for tickets and booking fees. It's not the actual $ value that's annoying, it's that somewhere along the line we've been fed the wrong information. I have no idea whether it's the club, the AFL or Ticketek's but it's seriously amiss in my view.

Don't forget that you'll have to pay at least $10 ($5 for juniors) for a reserved seat for our home games, according to the email that was sent out in October.

"As a Silver member in 2021, you will have access to the same Level 1 seating at Marvel Stadium, with the ability to secure a reserved seat for the games you wish to attend. You will be able to do this by paying a flat fee of $10 ($5 for juniors) as part of a standard ticket booking process. This means that even if members choose to secure seats at all nine home games, adult members will save $50, junior members $55, and family members $150 on the corresponding 2020 Silver membership".

This....What to say ticketek don't determined my ground level sitting when I log in next week is premium and charge another $20 upgrade on top of the $10 which goes to the club?

This....What to say ticketek don't determined my ground level sitting when I log in next week is premium and charge another $20 upgrade on top of the $10 which goes to the club?

It's Ticketmaster next week. North members had a lot of problems being charged for seats and being allocated lesser levels than they had already paid for.

For some reason North still had reserved seats in their membership price structure.

Ticketmaster was at fault, so they were told, and it was being fixed. So hopefully should be ok by our game.

FYI for anyone thinking of going to the game, there was still approximately 5,000 seats available for General Public as of a few hours ago.

Spoke to the club who assured me that at home games there will be no extra charge other than the $10 for a reserve seat on ground level.
My Dad and I are already Silver ground level reserve seat holders ($275 this year each).
Yet decided to support the club a bit more this year.
brought a spare adult sliver membership (take along friends)
brought a junior (my son is 6 now)
upgraded my wife from bronze to silver.
All done on the phone, very helpful guy on the phone, emailed me the barcodes.

Can't wait to get back to live games!!!

Got 2 in Section M1 Row R. Paid for an upgrade but I was rushing, so might have been my fault for clicking on the wrong thing.

Is M1 the cheer squad? Will be my daughter’s first real AFL game, so that would be cool.
Hey everyone, just wanted to clarify when I said “real AFL game” this was not a reference to AFLW, which she loves but to the fact that when the AFL dogs last played in Melbourne she was too young to understand the footy.

Hey everyone, just wanted to clarify when I said “real AFL game” this was not a reference to AFLW, which she loves but to the fact that when the AFL dogs last played in Melbourne she was too young to understand the footy.

why would you need to clarify that mate?

AFL and AFLW are seperate to each other.

Hope she has a ripper time and sees her first win of many

Remove this Banner Ad

Back