Tickets vs Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 19, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Hi - was wondering if anyone can help with ticket info for this Friday.

So I am a member, and I’m registering for tickets to the game on Wednesday, so hopefully I’ll get one.

However, does anyone know what the deal is with MCC and AFL memberships with the reduced capacity?

My understanding is our membership allocation - as the away team - is 5000.

If I missed out on the member tickets, are AFL membership/MCC still able to be used? I have a couple of friends who are MCC/AFL members who won’t be using their ticket as they’re not Pies or Dogs fans, but I don’t know if with the reduced capacity, if the stadium structure is just Pies members/Dogs members and small general public sale.

If anyone was able to help would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!
Afl members/mcc etc go on sale tomorrow. After the club allocation window closes on weds morning it then goes to general public if any left.

Boristown

Premiership Player
May 24, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Hey everyone, just wanted to clarify when I said “real AFL game” this was not a reference to AFLW, which she loves but to the fact that when the AFL dogs last played in Melbourne she was too young to understand the footy.

There is AFL and AFLW, so your statement about a 'real AFL game' is 100% correct. You should be safe from the mob.

do you have an allocated lock in seat because if you don’t be prepared to be upset I think.

Its a shitty deal with the shadow of Covid hanging over an itchy trigger fingered leader but i think We are in for another year of compromised footy under a Covid cloud. I think anyone that gets a ticket should be grateful and if the additional fee is an issue just don’t pay it. Pretty simple

Being pregnant makes it another ball game for you so hope you get lucky
I have a level 1 reserved seat (but we obviously cannot use that this year) and am a social club member too (have been for many years). No one has a guaranteed seat for any game. Not sure what your comment on the “should be grateful” was in regards to as I wasn’t complaining, my choice not to attend this week but would like to think I should be able to get a decent seat for myself and my son next week (he also has a reserved seat we never got to use).

I have a level 1 reserved seat (but we obviously cannot use that this year) and am a social club member too (have been for many years). No one has a guaranteed seat for any game

And as I keep banging on about, this is an issue every week for this year. No last minute decisions about going, it's checking with people early in the week, are you going ?

And we know plans, rosters, going into labour ;) etc change at short notice. Then there's those less than reliable types we all know.
This is going to be a very frustrating season. Couch and tv is going to look pretty good to a lot of people.

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Looks like there are still public tickets available for this Friday night
Wonder where this allocation has come from. Potentially there were 10-15,000 tickets offered up to AFL members which weren’t all taken up? I’d imagine the 25,000 + 3,000 tickets given to club members would have been exhausted.

Another issue I've noticed with my Ticketek order. Although my confirmation email and account show three seats I only received 2 SMSs with links to two seats.

I can fix this and download from my account, but I'm concerned if others are in the same boat this could turn into a shemozzle at the turnstiles tomorrow night. I have contacted Ticketek, but who knows how long they'll take to respond.

Similarly if people take a few kids or people without a mobile phone and you have to go through each ticket separately on one phone that's going to take some time. Not going to be great if there's 50k people trying to get in.

Get there early is my tip.

Another issue I've noticed with my Ticketek order. Although my confirmation email and account show three seats I only received 2 SMSs with links to two seats.

I can fix this and download from my account, but I'm concerned if others are in the same boat this could turn into a shemozzle at the turnstiles tomorrow night. I have contacted Ticketek, but who knows how long they'll take to respond.

Similarly if people take a few kids or people without a mobile phone and you have to go through each ticket separately on one phone that's going to take some time. Not going to be great if there's 50k people trying to get in.

Another tip is that although they say you can only use the ticket on your phone, I have printed these tickets out for the women's game and had no issue.

So if you do have people without phones, I'd be recommending this as an option

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls

Yep, I only got one of my two tickets sent to me. I had to go and search for my other one.

random__hero

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2014
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Blackhawks, SF Giants, 49ers, Jazz

Do you have the Ticketek app?
Are there 3 QR barcodes in there?

Do you have the Ticketek app?
Are there 3 QR barcodes in there?

Yes, I've got them thanks. I was more worried about the less tech minded who might struggle (not that I'm a wiz though :D )

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 18, 2003
Braybrook
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Sunderland, Willy Wolves
I haven't received my SMS ticket but have printed it up.

I have emailed Ticketek and try phoning but no luck getting to talk to someone.

I haven't received my SMS ticket but have printed it up.

I have emailed Ticketek and try phoning but no luck getting to talk to someone.

Open the email on your phone, then you'll be able to access the ticket on your phone.

Next Waiting

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 19, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I finally received it this morning.
I bought mine through Tiketek on Tuesday morning. Received an email almost straight away (Tuesday morning) saying a mobile ticket (via SMS) had been delivered and that I should open the SMS and download my ticket(s) NOW. The SMS arrived this afternoon (Friday) at 12:20pm:think: as I was on the verge of ringing them.

The lesson/takeaway for me is that my NOW and their NOW are a little different and that their NOW equates roughly to 7 hours before the first bounce.

I’ve just skimmed through this thread. What a schemozzle that so many loyal paid up fans have so much trouble and perplexity in getting what has been promised to them.

What a disgrace that the ticketing agencies get away with such poor service and allow confusion to reign (general confusion and a perception of scarcity is in their interests as somebody pointed out here, so why would they bother fixing it?)

When will governments and promoters sort out this racket? When will Four Corners or 60 Minutes expose them? The ICCC should investigate whether they manipulate the market, deliver chronically poor service standards (because they have no competition) and so on.

The AFL and the club have not covered themselves with glory either. However it’s a unique set of circumstances for them so perhaps some leeway should be allowed ... but only for now, not for the whole season.

The only explanation I can think of is that both major ticketing companies are significant contributors to both major political parties. (But I have no idea whether that’s actually the case.)

As we have seen in other industries, that could buy them a fair bit of acquiescence.

Last edited:

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
So anyone know the arrangements for this week?

I'm a silver social club member with reserved seats (excepting this year of course), but so far have only just received my membership in the mail (late last week), while 2 others are yet to appear.

Anyone know WTF I'm supposed to do to purchase multiple seats on level 1? I'm asking on here as I have spoken to the club several times over the last 12 months, and of at least 3 calls I can recall, only one would I consider provided satisfactory information, and therefore satisfactory service, and I'm not going anywhere near any call centres for the gouging ticketing companies.

So anyone know the arrangements for this week?

I'm a silver social club member with reserved seats (excepting this year of course), but so far have only just received my membership in the mail (late last week), while 2 others are yet to appear.

Anyone know WTF I'm supposed to do to purchase multiple seats on level 1? I'm asking on here as I have spoken to the club several times over the last 12 months, and of at least 3 calls I can recall, only one would I consider provided satisfactory information, and therefore satisfactory service, and I'm not going anywhere near any call centres for the gouging ticketing companies.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray

Thanks, much appreciated. Now I just have to call the club and ask what I'm supposed to do for my kids who are also silver home members, but haven't received their membership packs yet (one an adult, the other a concession).

Golden_6

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 15, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Thanks, much appreciated. Now I just have to call the club and ask what I'm supposed to do for my kids who are also silver home members, but haven't received their membership packs yet (one an adult, the other a concession).
I haven't received the membership pack either, but have received a few emails with my barcode (which is used to purchase the tickets, different from the membership number). Maybe check which email the kids membership have been linked to and it should be there. If not, the club will be able to forward on the barcode information if you call them. When you book tickets, you can put in each barcode together and you'll be able to find tickets next to each other.

We were sent emails on 12 March (Member Access | Rd2 - Western Bulldogs v West Coast @ Marvel Stadium) with the priority sales order and times as well as our home game barcodes.

footscray1973

Premiership Player
May 17, 2004
Pepperland
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Thanks all, found the email with home game codes (buried in a mountain of club emails plus all the other cr@p that fills up my InBox). I just assumed the details for round 2 would become available after round 1, but can see why they issued that info earlier. I'll just have to stay on top of my emails this year! Go Dogs!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back