Tickets

Remove this Banner Ad

Freo123

Team Captain
Mar 22, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Not happy with the tickets I get each week. I start trying at 9am except this morning because Ticketmaster had problems and sent a text.
I tried more than 20 times to get tickets that were not behind the goals and then finally had to settle for 2 seats in the pocket.
i also have never been able to get seats under cover including the horrid weather when we played Geelong.
What are other people’s experience? Any advice?

I've only ever been offered level 5 tickets by Ticketmaster. Once high, but dead on the centre line on the wing. I was happy with the wing position: that is an upgrade on our normal tickets. The other two times lower on level 5 between the flank and the pocket. This is pretty much where we would normally be.

My normal tix are on level 5 around the 50m line, so I'm not unhappy. Its like they are allocating me tickets from roughly my ticket class.

Not happy with the tickets I get each week. I start trying at 9am except this morning because Ticketmaster had problems and sent a text.
I tried more than 20 times to get tickets that were not behind the goals and then finally had to settle for 2 seats in the pocket.
i also have never been able to get seats under cover including the horrid weather when we played Geelong.
What are other people’s experience? Any advice?

Refresh and start again. My mate has been sorting out our group's tickets and he said he had to refresh 4 times to get seats undercover for the Hawks game.

Usually on the wing (Stand 142 or 143) and undercover. Wonderful seats. My mates doing the tickets but he is getting pretty consistent results.

Always spare seats up the top at the back if you want cover, just move up there and make sure you sit every second row so you don't get moved, generally blocks 550-546, these are like cat 6 seats but there really isn't a bad seat in the house at Optus.

Its incredible how the worst seats at Optus are comparable to the middle range seats at Subi

I tried refreshing heaps and keep getting seats in the same area. 300 block behind the goals.
Feels like they are trying to put me as close as possible to where I normally sit. I definitely don't think it's completely random. Never been offered level 1 or 5 at any game.

Just take what they offer and go sit wherever you want.

I refreshed 20 times!

Are you selecting best available? If so, that is probably why you are getting s**t seats. Select the category of the area you want to sit in and you get better seats.

Not lying - yesterday I refreshed close to 50 times and kept getting the same s**t locations

Most weeks I’ve had the same issues and had to settle for less quality than what my normal seats is

I just give up most weeks. Looking forward to getting back to my normal seat next season. From a positive, I’ve been able to try locations I wouldn’t normally want to sit in, so a different perspective is refreshing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a silver pledge and have only been able to pull up tickets in level 5. The derby they were all nosebleeds and I didn't bother. The others have been between Row 4-8, between the wing and 50m arc. But I had to refresh many times to move from nosebleeds or behind the goals. A few games I forgot about it and didn't try until 1.30pm, and got better tickets than when I tried at 1pm.

I normally sit in Row 20, dead centre on the wing, level 1. I actually don't mind the different view point for a change, even if it is a bit far from the action.

I think a lot of people get nosebleeds and then stand in those areas at the back of level 1.

I've been re-selling my ticket each game as I'm away working. Always in block 353 premiership terrace.

If anyone wants it for the Carlton game let me know.

Are you selecting best available? If so, that is probably why you are getting sh*t seats. Select the category of the area you want to sit in and you get better seats.

yes I do. I think we will just move to better seats. Although on Monday night some young guys got caught out and had to vacate the seats they were sitting in.

Are you selecting best available? If so, that is probably why you are getting sh*t seats. Select the category of the area you want to sit in and you get better seats.
Might be what we are doing wrong. We are normally block 141, row 15 - we keep getting level 5. Today we are almost in the Carlton cheer squad. Can’t wait to get our regular seats back.

Might be what we are doing wrong. We are normally block 141, row 15 - we keep getting level 5. Today we are almost in the Carlton cheer squad. Can’t wait to get our regular seats back.

Yeah, for the Derby our group were split into 2. One of my mates selected best available and got up the top in 546 IIRC and another selected by category and got the first level around near the 50 meter line. Each game since my mate that has sorted our tickets has gone by category and each game we have been level 1.

Looking for 3 tickets for the Swans game
We were members for 18 years but had to drop out due to health reasons
We want to take our daughter who has not been to Optus
They are very difficult to transfer, and I like the way they are doing it - gives them at least some idea of who is sitting where etc

The system as it works is complete bullshit! Every week is the same, even though I am on at the crack of 9am, I keep getting offered tix behind the goals. I would have gone through the process of rejecting tickets at least 100 times this morning, with the only improvement being moved around to one of the pockets. I finally got allocated tix under cover and took them because I'd been trying for an hour and a half and had enough. I haven't been allocated a Cat 1 seat all year.

I suspect they are keeping the better tickets for the corporates.

They are obviously keeping blocks aside to sell to the public as I only ever get level 5 every game as soon as I get on at 1pm (as a Silver pledge) and I know there would still be Level 3 available

I went behind goals last weekend, was pleasantly surprised.
Got to see the cheating maggots very close

I's say level 3 is corporate and public, level 1 is platinum and level 5 silver and below (and presumably public)

You can get decent seats if you're quick off the mark at 9 am. From ememory we're block 143, row 19 for the Swans game: Pretty good seats.

Note: I have had issues with Chrome not refreshing. Been using the new version of Edge just for this for the last 2 games.

The system as it works is complete bullshit! Every week is the same, even though I am on at the crack of 9am, I keep getting offered tix behind the goals. I would have gone through the process of rejecting tickets at least 100 times this morning, with the only improvement being moved around to one of the pockets. I finally got allocated tix under cover and took them because I'd been trying for an hour and a half and had enough. I haven't been allocated a Cat 1 seat all year.

I suspect they are keeping the better tickets for the corporates.

Are you selecting cat 1 or best available?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back