We wish to join your Association.My son ,daughter and I have been membership
of the AFL for many many years and have experienced a continual erosion of
our rights.As with many, the carrot to join was a guaranteed ticket to the
grand final which has been taken away by the obvious greed of the AFL.I was
bemused when attempting to secure tickets for this Friday night that I was
unable to obtain as priority was given to members of competing clubs who
could secure unlimited guess passes .Other members would get left overs if
any. Isnt that typical as the cost of guest passes would generate more
revenue than people like us who have already forked out their money.

Is this correct? I can't believe that it could possibly be true...

Mr Jackson
Regarding Mr McNabb's ps - attached
I have canvassed the attitude of AFL staff with many colleagues who are members of the AFL. It is generally agreed that whenever any of us makes a call regarding the erosion of the membership rights that were advertised when we paid our joining fees, we are verbally abused in one way or another.

However, every dog has his day. The degree of determination that has been aroused in AFL members by the most recent flagrant erosion of AFL members rights, combined with the arrogant attitude of those responsible, will ensure the fiercest possible challenge to the rip off of that has been perpetrated over the last 20 years.

TO AFLMA MEMBERS. I suggest a contribution from members ( I'm told this is 600 - 800) of say $10 EACH, so that we can place adds in the Herald Sun over the weeks of the Preliminary and Grand Finals, seeking further members.
I would be surprised if we can't get 15,000 in the next month ( from the Herald Sun advertising). Once this is achieved, we can ask for say $30 from each AFLMA Member (a cheap price to pay to preserve our rights).
A fighting fund of close to $450,000 would enable us to make a legal challenge at an appropriate time, AFTER the ACCC has been involved. We must learn from the mistakes made in the McDonald case.
We are many and we have paid joining fees which entitle us to rights that were promised in marketing literature DISTRIBUTED AT THE TIME OF JOINING. We must capitalise this opportunity using our numbers. This is the time of the year to do it.
Do you really believe that leaving it up to the AFL to look after us because we complain is the way to go. We have been complaining for years. All we get is abuse and more rights eroded.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back