Forrest Gimp

Premiership Player
Aug 15, 2007
Lathlain, Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
I was going through some old cd's from years ago at my parents house the other day, and I happened to come across my old CD for Tie Fighter. Being a somewhat nostalgia freak I found a way to get it running under vista 64 and I have to say, it plays just as well as I remember.., which is extremely rare in a game so old.

It's bloody great fun, and there isn't anything like it around in today's gaming enviroment. Great missions, it's a nice challenge with an addictive mission structure w/ a great storyline and the graphics, due to space being mainly pitch black, haven't aged too badly at all (Im running the enhanced windows cd version at the moment, but played mostly the floppy version in the past). Did anyone else used to play this game back in the day when DOS ruled supreme?

One of the greatest games ever. Shame there is nothing around these days to compare to it. Plus you cant go wrong having Thrawn involved in the story.

I would love for that to happen. Could you imagine the posibilites of huge multiplayer battles with proper battle lines like the upcoming Endwar?

Make it happen, Lucasarts.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back