Media TiFmedia presents... Sweet FA Powerlifting

Remove this Banner Ad

a few of the old guard were not happy we were walking away from the RFC ties, and said we were killing the club by doing so
Really, we started that way back in S17,S18 and actually probably S16 before i started. Not on the level that it is now but its been a long time now.

Thanks for clarifying. I actually thought you just needed an extra unknown.

ChappyUK may be many things, a campaigner, a drinker of baccardi breezers, an aficionado of macrame, but he is NOT unknown!

Really, we started that way back in S17,S18 and actually probably S16 before i started. Not on the level that it is now but its been a long time now.

the bringing in non tigs they were fine with, but the colour, mascot, and logo change caused angst.

As Sterge said a few years ago, to turn things around we needed to go either uber Richmond, or de-richmondize.

As we had pretty much tapped out RFC board recruitment (as you well remember), and AFL bants are not exactly loved in the SFA, the LG and former leaders all agreed the later was our best option. Some who had left the club earlier disagreed, believing the former was a better course

the bringing in non tigs they were fine with, but the colour, mascot, and logo change caused angst.

As Sterge said a few years ago, to turn things around we needed to go either uber Richmond, or de-richmondize.

As we had pretty much tapped out RFC board recruitment (as you well remember), and AFL bants are not exactly loved in the SFA, the LG and former leaders all agreed the later was our best option. Some who had left the club earlier disagreed, believing the former was a better course
Meh colours, mascots and logo's change all the time. Change the team name and im out. That's where the history lies

Meh colours, mascots and logo's change all the time. Change the team name and im out. That's where the history lies
Hello Wacky,

The name will never change. It was Sterge final wish.

Much love,
-TJASTA.

can honestly say a name change was never considered. We are the Furies, no need to change that

can honestly say a name change was never considered. We are the Furies, no need to change that
Although the Furries is starting to grow on me :tonguewink:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we rename as the Furries, everyone who won club awards under the Furies loses them
So i can keep my league awards then?? Guess i'll have to deal with it ;)

Luckily for me we wont be changing though

sS52Pao.png

The Furies finished their S28 campaign with a straight set exit in the finals, losing their semi-final and being beaten by eventual premiers Dragons FFC, bundled out after a top 4 finish. With a new skipper at the helm, and a rebuild underway, Season 29 is shaping to be another season of change at the hippodrome.

hDEMOyA.png

Veteran Hate led the way for the top four Furies in S28, finishing 5th in the Mobbs with 18 votes and leading the club in the count. He averaged 19.2 disposals a game, with his 93 tackles seeing him finish 6th overall in the competition, while his 76.7 DT points per game placed him 16th in the competition. Veteran recruit The Half Back turned back the clock in S28 and enjoyed a powerful season at full forward for the Furies, bagging 63 majors, a feat that placed him second behind the dual FRED medallists. Veteran This Is Anfield had a strong season on the wing, averaging 20.1 disposals and 5.3 marks a game, the latter seeing him sit #5 in the comp. Another veteran ChappyUK led the club in disposals with 20.4 per game, and second year ruckman Carson Dial was another of the Furies on ball brigade to carry them in to a double chance finals campaign, averaging 18 disposals and 8.8 hitouts per game, 9th overall in S28.

Similar to the Dragons, the Furies were another top 4 side to not register a single All-SFA selection, however their even spread of contributors pointing to a cohesive team unit over a handful of high performing individuals.

Season 29 has seen some furious changes at the Furies, as they look to find the right midfield mix to bounce back after a disappointing finals series. Skipper Tigerturbulance has resumed regular service in the ruck, while second year player Jack Bero has moved his way into the midfield rotation, where he finds himself in the mix with several other Furies, including Hate, Wacky Tiger, Carson Dial and the vice captain Ned_Flanders to name a few.

zz7IGrB.png

Similar to the Dragons, the Furies had an over reliance on a small handful of regular posting contributors in Season 28. Then skipper TJASTA led from the front in S28, his 56 posts per game, at a massive 28.63% of Furies posts being some pretty stark evidence of this. That’s 1 in every 3-4 posts belonging to TJ last season. Next cab off the rank was Turbo with 33 post a game at 16.89%, with a further 3 posters (rookie JackBero, Carson Dial and Ned_Flanders) over the 10 posts a week mark. Combined, their top half a dozen posters contributed 153 of their 194 posts each week, at an eye-watering 78.49%.

Fast forward to S29, and in line with the increase across the league of matchposting activity, the Furies have substantially lifted their activity, with their spread of contributors slightly up on Season 28. Skipper Tigerturbulance leading the charge in the first two rounds, averaging 117 posts at 13.68%, with vice captain Ned supporting with 111 posts per game at 12.92% of the team’s posts. Active second and third year players Jack Bero and Edmund hunt have also started their seasons strongly, giving the Furies a different dynamic this season.

Quality wise, they would be enjoying the return and engagement of an active The Half Back, while veteran Hate is on board for another season at the hippodrome and active early after a quiet off season, in addition to the household names of TJ, Turbo and Ned. The lift to come from Carson Dial getting moving in S29, and their new rookies recruited from the recent BigFooty tour.

qvHFNw0.png

The Furies have had intermittent presence in the committee room in recent seasons, with TJASTA and now Ned_Flanders featuring for the club. TJASTA, while engaged, never quite appeared happily engaged in the committee room proceedings, and although those behind the scenes have seen a very different TJASTA support and advocate for his club, last season’s change to Ned has brought a more vocal, combative presence for the Furies that at times is required in a committee where passions can run high.

The Furies have a young leadership group, but under the guidance of TJ and Ned they have a clear and confident voice behind the scenes. Senior players Hate and The Half Back would be called upon from time to time for their experienced points of view also.

jGb7JWK.png

The Furies maintain an active presence around the competition, with main antagonist Ned_Flanders leading the way, the eclectic Tigerturbulance is a popular and high profile identity around the competition season on season, and of course former skipper TJASTA will be found in most threads plying his shtick. S27 rookie Carson Dial is another of the Furies’ seen out and about around the league, and league legend Hate weighs in regularly, more often over more serious matters, but his quick wit is often on display amongst the media landscape.

When it comes to creating media, whilst not a prolific club, the Furies are regular contributors with TJ’s thinktanks, Neds many gripes and Turbo’s kinks a feature of Furies based media each season. Their bi-annual leadership spills late in the season also regularly lift the club’s profile and put them firmly in the spotlight, albeit fleetingly.

dTGpDmd.png

The Furies players would say it’s TheMidRunner , but for me, and I think the rest of the league would concur, it’s TJASTA. In a club with multiple larger than life identities, the least brash of the Furies’ big 3 is arguably the most influential. Responsible for steering the club away from their reliance on their a Richmond affiliation, as well as engaging the always slick work of Barrybran for a ballsy rebrand, TJASTA made a big impact on the club’s fabric in a short period of time at the helm. A club’s culture doesn’t always stem from the top, but it does generally stem from one player who sets the tone, and that player at the Furies is TJ, who through his own unique approach to the league gives the rest of his teammates license to express their own varied, unique and individual personas to the fullest.
Great read, of course, but who the * gets up at 4.41 am to post something like this.

I think he called you old, can’t hear good and don’t really look like Brad Pitt but a hairy monkey.

How’s things my old friend?

No, no resistance at all.

Can you speak up im a little hard of hearing these days

Im well old friend and do infact currently look like a hairy monkey.

Id tap that too :kissingheart:

Can you speak up im a little hard of hearing these days

Im well old friend and do infact currently look like a hairy monkey.

Id tap that too :kissingheart:

Good to hear.
George Costanza mode?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back