Media TiFmedia presents... TFLUA Bob: A Season Of Excellence

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't know but I did see a couple of medals around his neck
It's an impressive neck. How those veins bulge. Hoboy!

Anyhooselbee, good chat Barry. I'm off to Cashies to give this medal that TIF gave me the Brad Hardie treatment.

No dramas. Don't pick at the foil or they'll know it's fake.
Haha righto. Did you know the Dragon medals have chocolate on the inside?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In your face Barrybran! :D

giphy.gif

The TFLUA-Tiger Medal.

I know what you’re thinking. Neither did I when I first joined the league.

In fact, even now, I’m still not 100% sure.

But one thing I do know is…

I know who wins it.

You see, I was at a carnival at Coney Island a few years back now, and when I was told I was too short for the Super Loops ride, it left me feeling pretty flat. So I wandered aimlessly for an hour through the carnival, when I stumbled across an old style lucky chance machine. So I inserted a coin into this unusual antique arcade fortune teller machine called Zoltar, and I made a wish to be "beez". It dispensed a card stating "Your wish will be granted. Oh, and a few years from now, in Season 30, Tonga Bob will win the TFLUA-Tiger Medal", but I was spooked when I noticed that it had been unplugged the entire time. And besides, I didn’t know any Polynesians. Let alone any named Robert.

big-movie-today-180425-tease_34f86a248916dea0d26263e9fbf1e357.jpg

Yet here we are, all those years down the track.

I am now a big boy living in my own apartment in Coney Island, and I have a friend named Tonga Bob who plays for my team, and he’s going to win the TFLUA-Tiger Medal. Turns out Zoltar was right after all.

If only I had asked it to make me "BEEG" then I would get to hate * a friendly fisherman named Yakker for sport and kick lots of goals.

Anyway, the moral of the story is, Tonga Bob is going to win the TFLUA-Tiger Medal. That’s because the TFLUA-Tiger Medal is awarded to the player who has enjoyed the most statistically dominant and outstanding season in the competition. Now not only did Bob finish 2nd overall in the competition for overall DreamTeam points, but he also led the entire league in marks AND registered an astounding z score of
8.06, which as we know, means he was at least 8 times better than all the other wingmen in the competition put together! In fact, he could be my wingman anytime. He would probably dispute that though.

So when you couple the fact that, not only was he the 2nd best overall player in the entire competition, from a lesser rating midfield position, but he was also the most incredible wing position player this season by daylight, probably weeks and weeks of it, possibly even a whole summer’s worth actually.

Which makes him
by far the most outstanding candidate for the award, and this is why Zoltar was right all those years ago. I defy you to persuade me otherwise.

I mean, just look at these magnificent numbers.

PLAYERTEAMPOSGMSHOKMHTFFFAGBDTEXIEDT (AVE)EXIE (AVE)CUM. ZPOSTS
Tonga BobCIWWIN16101839417928192710613151597821008.0688
Gleefully yoinked from Barrybran

So there you have it ladies and Gentlemen. Please be upstanding and charge your glasses, as we crown Tonga Bob the Sweet FA TFLUA-Tiger Medallist for Season 30.

As someone near and dear to me once said, “Strap yourselves in” and sit back and enjoy as we relive some of the most memorable memories of Bobby’s miraculous Season 30 together, in a tribute I’ve dubbed
‘A Season of Excellence’

WOOUkp8.png
* you, guy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back