Tiger Family World Cup Cricket Chat (Opposition Welcome)

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Meteoric Rise you need to #eco

I would love to. What does it mean?

Edit: Just realised. I have more or less checked out of cricket. And it is very pleasing given all that led to it, none of which you want to be bored with here. Today, despite being present in the UK for cricketing purposes I will not even watch the Ashes WC clash, I will be enjoying a day of total relaxation at a Spa with a friend.

I am on a friendly forum here so just wanted to let others know what my thoughts are on the state of cricket, as I think relatively few people realise what is happening. I know my views are strident and was certain that this would be met by being dismissed as I have been around the block on this issue a few times over the last 20 years. However, I would rather speak and be damned than stay silent about it. If people could see what I can see regarding the state of cricket their skin would crawl, sadly.

In a way I admire the posters on this thread who have attempted to defend the honour of cricket against my assertions. They believe in a sport that has been desecrated by its custodians.

Last edited:

biaseddustyfan

|17🏆|18🏆|19🏆|20🏆|21🏆|22🏆|23🏆|24🏆|25🏆|
May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
hopefully england need 2 off the last ball to win and morgan hits it big but warner juggles it back over the boundary into smiff's hands and the crowd boos break the microphones

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Funny you mention Archer Sir Loin. Some of Archer's finest work when bowling in a very tight situation at the end of the 2018 domestic T20 final Sussex v Worcs. So the biggest domestic match in the UK summer.

Archer to Cox, FOUR runs, bouncer, battered, Worcestershire have romped to glory! Through backward square leg, no intercepting that, and the dug-out pile out to the middle in scenes of ecstasy!

Archer to Cox, SIX runs, oh Jofra, one mistake has cost 12 runs! Plinked over the leg side, into the stands. Worcestershire are on the brink!

2bnb
Archer to Cox, 6 no balls, completely messed up! A fizzing beamer, a dangerous height, and it skids under the keeper too. That is massive... and a free hit coming up!

Archer to Barnard, 1 run, battered into the off-side

END OF OVER:
18 | 14 Runs | Worcs: 141/5 (17 runs required from 12 balls, RR: 7.83, RRR: 8.50)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scorecard link below.

Link to highlights below.

Ball was completely dry. It is a shame there is not footage in this package of Archer's no ball which went for 4 byes(6 runs in all) with the game in the balance needing 16 from 11 deliveries.

Look at the Sussex innings, the Salt runout, the huge slowdown late, and some of the wicket shots. And compare this with Worcs needing 42 off the last 4 overs with the highest rated bowlers in the contest sharing the 4 overs between them, including Archer having two of those. And the balls that were bowled....

biaseddustyfan

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
Funny you mention Archer Sir Loin. Some of Archer's finest work when bowling in a very tight situation at the end of the 2018 domestic T20 final Sussex v Worcs. So the biggest domestic match in the UK summer.

Archer to Cox, FOUR runs, bouncer, battered, Worcestershire have romped to glory! Through backward square leg, no intercepting that, and the dug-out pile out to the middle in scenes of ecstasy!

Archer to Cox, SIX runs, oh Jofra, one mistake has cost 12 runs! Plinked over the leg side, into the stands. Worcestershire are on the brink!

2bnb
Archer to Cox, 6 no balls, completely messed up! A fizzing beamer, a dangerous height, and it skids under the keeper too. That is massive... and a free hit coming up!

END OF OVER:
18 | 14 Runs | Worcs: 141/5 (17 runs required from 12 balls, RR: 7.83, RRR: 8.50)

Scorecard link below.

Ball was completely dry. It is a shame there is not footage in this package of Archer's no ball which went for 4 byes(6 runs in all) with the game in the balance needing 16 from 11 deliveries.

Look at the Sussex innings, the Salt runout, the huge slowdown late, and some of the wicket shots. And compare this with Worcs needing 42 off the last 4 overs with the highest rated bowlers in the contest sharing the 4 overs between them, including Archer having two of those. And the balls that were bowled....

that campaigner is more of a tasmanian than he is english anyway. *en pommies changing the rules to suit em

2bnb

END OF OVER:

Scorecard link below.

How about Starc? Cummins? Stoinis? Surely you can find a match he threw given how many he’s gone for this tournament

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
England obviously have money on Australia!

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
How about Starc? Cummins? Stoinis? Surely you can find a match he threw given how many he’s gone for this tournament

I could point out all sorts of things but it is not so much "throwing matches." They just do what they are told to do and when, the matches will be made to fluctuate one way and the other in different passages, almost always on the back of mystifyingly poor batting, bowling or fielding causing the fluctuation. I am about to head out but I hear the commentators saying the English bowlers have been poor and way too short here....watch for all sorts of odd things yet. Long fluent partnerships followed by multiple wickets in short order followed by another longer partnership are a regular feature of ODI's over the past year that were not so frequent prior to that. Fake injury drama...odd clusters of wickets and slowdowns after periods of batting dominance...new batsmen to the crease scoring with ease where better bats who were set couldn't hit it off the square often against lower rated bowlers...as the comms will even tell you quite often..."this is unbelievable."

I could point out all sorts of things but it is not so much "throwing matches." They just do what they are told to do and when, the matches will be made to fluctuate one way and the other in different passages, almost always on the back of mystifyingly poor batting, bowling or fielding causing the fluctuation. I am about to head out but I hear the commentators saying the English bowlers have been poor and way too short here....watch for all sorts of odd things yet. Long fluent partnerships followed by multiple wickets in short order followed by another longer partnership are a regular feature of ODI's over the past year that were not so frequent prior to that. Fake injury drama...odd clusters of wickets and slowdowns after periods of batting dominance...new batsmen to the crease scoring with ease where better bats who were set couldn't hit it off the square often against lower rated bowlers...as the comms will even tell you quite often..."this is unbelievable."

Bulleshite

(Log in to remove this ad.)

biaseddustyfan

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty

2bnb

END OF OVER:

Scorecard link below.

didn't realise he was a match fixer

disappointing

All set for a huge total here.
Finch and Warner with their eye in is delicious to watch. 100 up after 18 overs
Pitch too flat though?

Bit shaky to start with but settling in well. Hopefully they go on long enough they push maxy up the order and give Khawaja a rest

biaseddustyfan

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Dusty
amazing turnaround from finch this WC after how shite he was for quite a while now

amazing turnaround from finch this WC after how ****e he was for quite a while now

Still susceptible to the pitched up ball into his pads though. You can tell he’s been working on his stance and positioning. Just needs to concentrate and clear that front foot. Doing well so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back