Tiger Family World Cup Cricket Chat (Opposition Welcome)

Rocco sifreddi

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Nz better show something today becouse they are getting smashed dont care if they still make the semis they have got to atleast be competitive
Today or they will embarrass themselves in the semi final.

Nz better show something today becouse they are getting smashed dont care if they still make the semis they have got to atleast be competitive
Today or they will embarrass themselves in the semi final.

England aren’t giving them a sniff, could get fugly

Nov 29, 2016
The Wall
AFL Club
Richmond
ZNvqA9H.gif

Thread needs more Guptill

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Was scratching my head wondering why a well set Dhoni was leaving balls inside the last 10 overs. Thankfully the commentators explained it to me, it is because he is so calm, the best in the business at these chases who "likes to take it deep." The commentators were also kind enough to tell me that cricket I thought looked anodyne was really exciting and the atmosphere at the ground was electric, at least the equal of anything seen at the other Old Trafford up the road. Could have sworn there were about 800 people there for the Indian innings. Oh, and nice dive Dhoni, not as if it was a big game or you were a key wicket or anything...

Ten years or so back the IPL started and we quickly realised the commentary was being used to sell the Indian public a pup. We wondered how they could be so dumb but we thought well, maybe there are a lot of uneducated people in India and they are easy to fool. Never in my life did I think the same could be done to better educated Australian and English audiences...

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Was scratching my head wondering why a well set Dhoni was leaving balls inside the last 10 overs. Thankfully the commentators explained it to me, it is because he is so calm, the best in the business at these chases who "likes to take it deep." The commentators were also kind enough to tell me that cricket I thought looked anodyne was really exciting and the atmosphere at the ground was electric, at least the equal of anything seen at the other Old Trafford up the road. Could have sworn there were about 800 people there for the Indian innings. Oh, and nice dive Dhoni, not as if it was a big game or you were a key wicket or anything...

Ten years or so back the IPL started and we quickly realised the commentary was being used to sell the Indian public a pup. We wondered how they could be so dumb but we thought well, maybe there are a lot of uneducated people in India and they are easy to fool. Never in my life did I think the same could be done to better educated Australian and English audiences...
Lol Dhoni is just past it mate
Powers at be would never allow NZ into a WC final over India if they were fixing it.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Lol Dhoni is just past it mate
Powers at be would never allow NZ into a WC final over India if they were fixing it.

Being past it doesn't make you leave balls when you need over 10 runs per over. And it doesn't stop you diving for the crease at such a "big moment."

They just did. If what you are saying was true India would win every important match they play in that is vital to progressing in a tournament and they don't.

Apr 10, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
GREAT game of cricket last night

Despite their heroics with the ball, New Zealand will struggle to lift the cup unless they get a off to a good start with the bat - maybe the run out will spur Guptill on with the bat?

World champion is the winner of tonight’s game IMO

Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Being past it doesn't make you leave balls when you need over 10 runs per over. And it doesn't stop you diving for the crease at such a "big moment."

They just did. If what you are saying was true India would win every important match they play in that is vital to progressing in a tournament and they don't.
Give it a rest mate. That’s a ridiculous argument. Your explanation for why they didn’t do something is just that they don’t do it. If they’re fixing the game for monetary purposes, why wouldn’t they ensure India are at least in the final?

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Give it a rest mate. That’s a ridiculous argument. Your explanation for why they didn’t do something is just that they don’t do it. If they’re fixing the game for monetary purposes, why wouldn’t they ensure India are at least in the final?

Good question. Betting markets worth over US$1billion per match, favours owed for past co-operation, to create narratives around certain key players, who knows what else.

I don't mind people thinking it can't be true when it is way too subtle for the casual observer to detect as it often is. But honestly, leaving multiple balls in the last 10 overs, including one where about 53 were needed from 31 balls. Are people blind, stupid, just got their brains turned off, or what? And that is quite apart from the many late deliveries where they just tried to push a single where in a genuine contest given the equation you have to pick the bat up and swing aggressively or look for boundaries from deflections, scoops etc. I don't mean to be too harsh on people just watching and enjoying but you cannot watch that with any real degree of scrutiny and believe Dhoni was giving his best to try to win. There are lots of other more subtle things I know about but I have written some on this thread and people don't want to hear them. It would be wrong not to alert people to the blindingly unarguably obvious truth of the Dhoni innings though.

Do not expect Australia to beat England by the way, though no result in that match proves or disproves anything.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2015
Hillary Step
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
76ers
Good question. Betting markets worth over US$1billion per match, favours owed for past co-operation, to create narratives around certain key players, who knows what else.

I don't mind people thinking it can't be true when it is way too subtle for the casual observer to detect as it often is. But honestly, leaving multiple balls in the last 10 overs, including at one where about 53 were needed from 31 balls. Are people blind, stupid, just got their brains turned off, or what? And that is quite apart from the many late deliveries where they just tried to push a single where in a genuine contest given the equation you have to pick the bat up and swing aggressively or look for boundaries from deflections, scoops etc. I don't mean to be too harsh on people just watching and enjoying but you cannot watch that with any real degree of scrutiny and believe Dhoni was giving his best to try to win. There are lots of other more subtle things I know about but I have written some on this thread and people don't want to hear them. It would be wrong not to alert people to the blindingly unarguably obvious truth of the Dhoni innings though.

Do not expect Australia to beat England by the way, though no result proves or disproves anything in that match.
If these guys are smart and powerful enough to fix an entire World Cup, they’re smart and powerful enough to control markets in such a way that every dollar they can make, is made. They’re not going to fix a game to knock the biggest TV market for cricket out before the final.

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
I’m not sceptical but he is Indian after all its only indians that would stoop to match fixing or cheating or ball tampering

Just saying

I have no doubt institutionalised corruption in cricket exploded with the inception on the IPL in India which meant 60+ key international players each year were summoned by Indian paymasters. But if you think only Indian or even subcontinental players are deliberately underperforming to instruction, in my opinion you are gravely mistaken, and demonstrably so. Cronje and some of his South African players, Merv Westfield in UK domestic cricket and former NZ player Lou Vincent have admitted to deliberately underperforming for inducements. But even before this latest huge escalation that wasn't even the tip of the iceberg. And some I know facts about because I was told in advance and watched it unfold as foretold.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
I have no doubt institutionalised corruption in cricket exploded with the inception on the IPL in India which meant 60+ key international players each year were summoned by Indian paymasters. But if you think only Indian or even subcontinental players are deliberately underperforming to instruction, in my opinion you are gravely mistaken, and demonstrably so. Cronje and some of his South African players, Merv Westfield in UK domestic cricket and former NZ player Lou Vincent have admitted to deliberately underperforming for inducements. But even before this latest huge escalation that wasn't even the tip of the iceberg. And some I know facts about because I was told in advance and watched it unfold as foretold.

I notice in your post no Australians are mentioned, and if you think I was suggesting that it doesn’t happen , you obviously don’t know anything about my posting history.

By the way we follow the most contrived competition in the world in the AFL

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
If these guys are smart and powerful enough to fix an entire World Cup, they’re smart and powerful enough to control markets in such a way that every dollar they can make, is made. They’re not going to fix a game to knock the biggest TV market for cricket out before the final.

You don't know who is involved in any cartel but let's say a WC final with India playing is worth say $15m more in advertising revenues to the TV company with the rights in India. Or even $50m(I doubt it could be worth this much.) I didn't look at prices but India would have been very short priced favourite at the half way mark. You would not have any trouble recouping that much and more in betting markets if you knew the result in advance. But even to say that is to not represent properly how they could profit from betting on the match knowing the twists and turns especially where more of the turns are against India and for a less fancied opponent.

Let me ask you a question. Do you think Dhoni was trying his best to win the match?

Back