Tiger King

Remove this Banner Ad

I think the 7 episode length was fine, each one seemed to have a bit of a different theme going and each one really has the ability to change your opinion on each character and how crazy they are.

Jeff Lowe probably the most crooked of all that lot that are still walking free. Not sure how you can trust anyone in a bandana/cap/sunglasses combination just in itself.

People in this who seemed normal, mentally at least but not morally or ethically for most.

Most of Joe's workers.
Joe's campaign manager.
Jeff Loewe.
Scarface.
Don Lewis's lawyer and assistant.

Joe comes across a bit different in Louis Theroux's special.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Two eps in. It's fascinating like slowly watching a car crash.

Joe Exotic recruits misfits to run his tiger farm for nothing. Marries two guys. A woman has her arm bitten off then goes back to work the next day.

Doc Antle runs a cult to get young women to run his tiger farm for nothing and be his sex slaves.

Carole Baskin possibly fed her rich husband to tigers and now runs a tiger farm where hundreds of young people work for nothing. I'd be more inclined to watch the rest if she was eaten by big cats at some point.

Now Trump is considering pardoning him?

Watched episode 1. Will keep watching but poster who said it doesn't need 7 episodes could be right. Unfortunately, strange people in Shitsville, USA legally doing this stuff doesn't surprise me.

It doesn't need 7 episodes, or at least 7 45min episodes. I felt it's only really the last two that drag it out. There's no reason to stop watching before episode 5.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the 8th episode with Joel McHale. There’s nothing new really apart from some extra details on Joe’s cruelty to the animals.
Coming from people that either work for Jeff now or already caught out telling questionable tales (Joe was scared of cats? Don't buy it). It seems Joe was more of an arse than came across but the flipside was he was also more generous than came across too according to the one armed person.

Never knew the campaign manager was gay as well.

Last edited:
Laughed hard at Joe being dragged by shoe by the tiger.

It was a little long and by the time I got around to it overhyped.

They're all assholes. Even if Carole didn't kill her husband, she's ******* over the volunteers.

It could've covered animal cruelty more but the staff at these places being broke losers... the series made it obvious how bad it all is.

Joe comes across pretty differently when Louis Theroux visited him a decade ago.

I dunno, if he didn't shoot the tigers that attacked him or the one that bit Staf's arm off I find it hard to believe he'd kill a bunch for the hell of it.

Last edited:
Joe comes across pretty differently when Louis Theroux visited him a decade ago.

I dunno if he didn't shoot the tigers that attacked him or the one that bit Staf's arm off I find it hard to believe he'd kill a bunch for the hell of it.

What happened when Louis Theroux visited a decade ago?

He made his real money in the kittens stage. Once they got past that he would've offed them if he couldn't find a buyer. A few hundred adult tigers and lions isn't much more of a draw than a few dozen. He tried to kill Carole for costing him money. Not hard to believe he'd do it to the animals.

He put expired meat on the pizza he sold to guests, he's a ******* arsehole.

Last edited:
I find it hard to believe he killed animals for no reason. There's no evidence. There is evidence of him not killing animals that he would have been within his right too.

I mean he's an awful person but the claims about how he truly felt about big cats are a bridge too far for mine.

Would not surprise me if Carole Baskin actually got the people that work for her to actually pay her for the privilege. They get certain colour tshirts depending on experience etc. Some seemed desperate to climb the t shirt ladder.

Would not surprise me if Carole Baskin actually got the people that work for her to actually pay her for the privilege. They get certain colour tshirts depending on experience etc. Some seemed desperate to climb the t shirt ladder.

There's much worker exploitation in this series. An American story for sure...