Podcast Tigercast Feedback / ideas thread!

Would you listen to a 15 minute LIVE Tigercast at Half Time to review the first half of football

• yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • no

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hi all,

we are 9 weekly episodes + 2 interviews into our podcast adventure and it has been an absolute blast so far.

I thought it would be a great idea to start a thread to get everyones feedback on what we have done so far and any ideas / suggestions on content you would like to see included on future episodes and hopefully get a few more putting their hand up to come on as guests on future episodes!

Out of 10 how would you rate the podcasts so far?:

What is your favourite thing about the podcasts?:

What is your least favourite thing about the podcasts?:

What is the ideal duration of a podcast in your opinion?:

Is there any additional content you would like to hear on the podcasts?:

Would you consider coming on as a guest on a future episode?:

Thanks for any feedback and ideas in advance, we want to make the show as enjoyable to listen to as possible and capture as big of an audience as possible!

To also give an idea of what we have coming up:
-The remaining weekly episodes of the home and away season have guests locked in
-Trying to do a bye week special before finals (assuming we make it)
-Assuming we make it, finals episodes will include opposition posters
-Interviews lined up with Joel Bowden, Kelvin Moore and Kane Johnson (which we will probably release in the off season once recorded)
-Trade talk episode to be recorded with Tiger71 in the last week of August then an update episode closer to trade time.
-A Brownlow medal special with main board poster BrownlowGuru
-Draft special with Bishop and Pie4life a week prior to the draft

Thanks again for the support, and it would be great to have a heap more people put their hand up to come onto an episode at some stage as we have a lot of quality posters!

I like when you get an opposition poster on and we get the other sides view.
Would like to see;
-picking guests who have more opposing views so we get more debate (one of the things l enjoy on here is the biases and passion)
- look at highlighting things from the site e.g best melt down, best conversation thread; most likes on a post: recognise who got it it right with an early call and who got it so wrong.

all in all great job and the more we link this site and pod the stronger both elements will be

Go Tigs I'm on the IMG_0210.PNG

Out of 10 how would you rate the podcasts so far?: Solid 8

What is your favourite thing about the podcasts?: the fact it is the voice of the people, ordinary fans often have a good grasp of footy. Also, getting to "know" Tiger punters. It has certainly stepped up with the intro of Oppo guests as well.

What is your least favourite thing about the podcasts?: I think the Player Of The Year vote count.

What is the ideal duration of a podcast in your opinion?: 45min - 1hr is about right

Is there any additional content you would like to hear on the podcasts?: Not really, but maybe dedicate more time to review/preview. Also, I think you need some end of podcast/wind up music. The intro is great, but it just ends with a whimper.

Would you consider coming on as a guest on a future episode?: I would be rapt to come on again, I had a fantastic time, and encourage anyone to do it.

Last edited:

I do like the idea of a top 5 post of the week be it a genuinely funny one or an atomic level melt

Overall very good start guys. Any plans for a post season podcast as well? prodigy taking time off for his usual crazy spell during trade week maybe he can give us a bit of a wrap up that week?

-Trade talk episode to be recorded with Tiger71 in the last week of August then an update episode closer to trade time.
Can we get a press release about Dusty to settle everyons nerves pleas? Lol. But this should be great.

-Draft special with Bishop and Pie4life a week prior to the draft
This is an excellent idea, love it!!

I like when you get an opposition poster on and we get the other sides view.
Would like to see;
-picking guests who have more opposing views so we get more debate (one of the things l enjoy on here is the biases and passion)
- look at highlighting things from the site e.g best melt down, best conversation thread; most likes on a post: recognise who got it it right with an early call and who got it so wrong.

all in all great job and the more we link this site and pod the stronger both elements will be

Go Tigs I'm on the View attachment 402405

i think we will definitely talk about the thread where people made some outlandish calls back in pre season and a fair few have already nailed there calls!

i do like the idea of having a few more opposing view people come on, and i have asked 2 or 3 to come on but they either havent replied or have a fair bit going on in RL so can't commit at the moment. hoping someone puts their hand up who knows they have a few different views to the masses, would be great to discuss!

Out of 10 how would you rate the podcasts so far?: Solid 8

What is your favourite thing about the podcasts?: the fact it is the voice of the people, ordinary fans often have a good grasp of footy. Also, getting to "know" Tiger punters. It has certainly stepped up with the intro of Oppo guests as well.

What is your least favourite thing about the podcasts?: I think the Player Of The Year vote count.

What is the ideal duration of a podcast in your opinion?: 45min - 1hr is about right

Is there any additional content you would like to hear on the podcasts?: Not really, but maybe dedicate more time to review/preview. Also, I think you need some end of podcast/wind up music. The intro is great, but it just ends with a whimper.

Would you consider coming on as a guest on a future episode?: I would be rapt to come on again, I had a fantastic time, and encourage anyone to do it.

thanks heaps for the feedback mate!

agree with the idea of a outro, hopefully Wacko23Jacko can work his magic with that one :D

will get you back on again for sure!

I do like the idea of a top 5 post of the week be it a genuinely funny one or an atomic level melt

Overall very good start guys. Any plans for a post season podcast as well? prodigy taking time off for his usual crazy spell during trade week maybe he can give us a bit of a wrap up that week?

always keeping an eye out for epic melts in the autopsy thread ha ha. good call with the funny posts though.

in regards to post season, we havent really spoken about it too much yet, but we will probably release the rest of the interviews with past players that we record and before you know it will be trade / draft period.

prodigy should definitely come on with Tiger71 to provide some assessment on trade week.

Trent out of Shane.

Hearing the opinions of the BF board, most are more clued in than the "experts" on radio.

Lack of melts :p / When the roast & toast aren't Richmond related, idgaf about other teams/players.

Probably 45min - 1hr is best for commute to work. Though I enjoy podcasts that go over 2hrs as well.

A player spotlight where guests focus on a player for the round & if they go to the game, they pay extra attention to them, running patterns, match ups etc... So we can get a better idea of a player's role that might not get the screen time or media attention they deserve.

Maybe a summary & opinion of rumours/trade targets floating around to keep everyone in the loop.

Yeah sure.

A player spotlight where guests focus on a player for the round & if they go to the game, they pay extra attention to them, running patterns, match ups etc... So we can get a better idea of a player's role that might not get the screen time or media attention

That's actually a great idea, I wouldn't mind doing that in regards to the VFL, ala Jack Graham watch or other kids but focus on one each week not just a general wrap up. I get to most of the VFL games that don't clash with our games. And we have some other blokes who get to most games, we could definitely do a report and watch a specific player every week.

And the outro I already told Michaels to record something so I can put it with some music but that campaigner is useless and hasn't got anything together for me

Out of 10 how would you rate the podcasts so far?: 9 , but that Cat in the background after this weekend deterred me from giving a 10

Michaels eloquence
Wackos editing
The Colour and Variety that all BF posters have brought to the table
The magnificent time and commitment put in by all the crew to get this up and running considering BF struggle to organise a pre match meet up.
Love the Roast and Toast segment
Loved the two ex players interviews especially the Dragicevic one as it had some sensitive issues which Michaels handled brilliantly
Opposition supporters coming on otherwise nothing as they're a breath of fresh air compared to the other RFC pods.
Oh and Listening to tugga voice when he was sober, but he was playing pissed.

What is the ideal duration of a podcast in your opinion?: 45min - 1hr

If possible an injury report on players
A What ever Happened To (a past player segment )

Would you consider coming on as a guest on a future episode?: Possibly, but still a bit frigid at this stage.

Anyway thanks for your hard dedicated work pod crew and the great product.

Out of 10 how would you rate the podcasts so far?: 9 , but that Cat in the background after this weekend deterred me from giving a 10

Michaels eloquence
Wackos editing
The Colour and Variety that all BF posters have brought to the table
The magnificent time and commitment put in by all the crew to get this up and running considering BF struggle to organise a pre match meet up.
Love the Roast and Toast segment
Loved the two ex players interviews especially the Dragicevic one as it had some sensitive issues which Michaels handled brilliantly
Opposition supporters coming on otherwise nothing as they're a breath of fresh air compared to the other RFC pods.
Oh and Listening to tugga voice when he was sober, but he was playing pissed.

What is the ideal duration of a podcast in your opinion?: 45min - 1hr

If possible an injury report on players
A What ever Happened To (a past player segment )

Would you consider coming on as a guest on a future episode?: Possibly, but still a bit frigid at this stage.

Anyway thanks for your hard dedicated work pod crew and the great product.

Thanks for the feedback!

Good call with the injury report!

I'll keep working on the cat issue.. lol

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A solid 8 and a half.

Hearing the opinions and different viewpoints of the people involved, not just on the club, but on AFL and life as well.
I love the roasts. The toasts are great, but hearing people tee off on someone or something is always better.

I think it all goes pretty

As people have said anywhere between 50-60 minutes.

Maybe we could introduce a post and melt of the week? Each member of the podcast takes turns reading out a post and melt of the week for them.

Absolutely. Always great fun. Would love to do an episode with Groupie or CoggaRules.

I'm not sure if many even noticed, but this weeks podcast was around 10 minutes shorter than the other ones we have done this year, did that make it any more easier or enjoyable to listen to being slightly shorter or did it feel rushed?

we have obviously included the Banner ideas segment, looking to get feedback on that. would you rather something fun like that in the episodes or would you rather it focused on another area?

I have also included the unsung hero / speaking about 1 player each week so hopefully that has been a good addition as well.

is there anything else you would want added or changed up?

i just don't want it to feel stale and the 'same as last week' if that makes sense.

but i think having different guests each time offers something different which is good.

i must remember to include an injury update as well!

I'm not sure if many even noticed, but this weeks podcast was around 10 minutes shorter than the other ones we have done this year, did that make it any more easier or enjoyable to listen to being slightly shorter or did it feel rushed?

we have obviously included the Banner ideas segment, looking to get feedback on that. would you rather something fun like that in the episodes or would you rather it focused on another area?

I have also included the unsung hero / speaking about 1 player each week so hopefully that has been a good addition as well.

is there anything else you would want added or changed up?

i just don't want it to feel stale and the 'same as last week' if that makes sense.

but i think having different guests each time offers something different which is good.

i must remember to include an injury update as well!
I know you have tried, but I would like to hear someone with a more contrarian viewpoint come onto the podcast and actually challenge some views that people have.
For example, the discussion Tigerturbulance and I had over Corey Ellis during the pre-season.
Even discussing a topic that you know might split opinion based on the two posters you have on for that week.

I know you have tried, but I would like to hear someone with a more contrarian viewpoint come onto the podcast and actually challenge some views that people have.
For example, the discussion Tigerturbulance and I had over Corey Ellis during the pre-season.
Even discussing a topic that you know might split opinion based on the two posters you have on for that week.
Drop C Ellis
IMG_0552.GIF

You mean get someone on to be wrong to my right?

yeah i agree it does make for more intense and interesting listening.

i have approached a few with alternate views but not having much luck in getting them to come on unfortunately.

Love me a good roast/toast.
IDK
Around the duration they are now (45 mins-1 hour).
MOTW (Melt of the week)
Yes, hopefully we can confirm a date soon.

8/10 except for episode 2 which was 11/10.
Michaels Parkinson
Not much TBH.
40-45min.
Time permitting, maybe touching on other teams, sports etc Poster/Post of the Week.
Happy to front up again.

Back