Podcast Tigercast Feedback / ideas thread!

Would you listen to a 15 minute LIVE Tigercast at Half Time to review the first half of football

• yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • no

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of 10 how would you rate the podcasts so far?:

A solid 8 and a half.

What is your favourite thing about the podcasts?:

Hearing the opinions and different viewpoints of the people involved, not just on the club, but on AFL and life as well.
I love the roasts. The toasts are great, but hearing people tee off on someone or something is always better.

What is your least favourite thing about the podcasts?:

I think it all goes pretty

What is the ideal duration of a podcast in your opinion?:

As people have said anywhere between 50-60 minutes.

Is there any additional content you would like to hear on the podcasts?:

Maybe we could introduce a post and melt of the week? Each member of the podcast takes turns reading out a post and melt of the week for them.

Would you consider coming on as a guest on a future episode?:

Absolutely. Always great fun. Would love to do an episode with Groupie or CoggaRules.

Love me a good roast/toast.
IDK
Around the duration they are now (45 mins-1 hour).
MOTW (Melt of the week)
Yes, hopefully we can confirm a date soon.

Not sure if it is just me or not, but im really struggling to find any 'melt' worthy posts? we dont tend to melt unless there is a bad loss..

a lot of bickering though :p

if you have seen any real good melty posts, PM them to me so i can use them this week ha ha.

Hi all,

we are 9 weekly episodes + 2 interviews into our podcast adventure and it has been an absolute blast so far.

I thought it would be a great idea to start a thread to get everyones feedback on what we have done so far and any ideas / suggestions on content you would like to see included on future episodes and hopefully get a few more putting their hand up to come on as guests on future episodes!

Thanks for any feedback and ideas in advance, we want to make the show as enjoyable to listen to as possible and capture as big of an audience as possible!

To also give an idea of what we have coming up:
-The remaining weekly episodes of the home and away season have guests locked in
-Trying to do a bye week special before finals (assuming we make it)
-Assuming we make it, finals episodes will include opposition posters
-Interviews lined up with Joel Bowden, Kelvin Moore and Kane Johnson (which we will probably release in the off season once recorded)
-Trade talk episode to be recorded with Tiger71 in the last week of August then an update episode closer to trade time.
-A Brownlow medal special with main board poster BrownlowGuru
-Draft special with Bishop and Pie4life a week prior to the draft

Thanks again for the support, and it would be great to have a heap more people put their hand up to come onto an episode at some stage as we have a lot of quality posters!

Hey mate, great stuff.

I really like long form podcasts like Joe Rogans, where the guests are just chatting about anything and everything. But typically central around one or two ideas. (approx. 3 hours)
I don't mind more "structured" question based podcasts such as Tim Ferriss' as long as the guests are particularly interesting and the questions allow for deeper than average probing.
I don't really like radio sounding podcasts.

Someone like Cal Fussman does a great job of interviewing and is someone I like listening to. Given that you've started the podcast I'm pretty confident that you would have heard of the names I've mentioned, but if not give them a listen.

For example, one thing that's nice about your podcast is when you ask the guests to talk about how they became a tigers supporter. I like the emotion and the stories more than predicting team line ups etc. I'd rather hear someone's thoughts on how the hell they felt when Nathan Brown broke his leg, or what was the first thing they did when the siren went for the grand final than some other stuff but that could just be me.

I enjoy the podcast and I know it'l continue to get even better. Awesome stuff. And of course i'd love to a guest :)

Not sure if it is just me or not, but im really struggling to find any 'melt' worthy posts? we dont tend to melt unless there is a bad loss..

a lot of bickering though :p

if you have seen any real good melty posts, PM them to me so i can use them this week ha ha.
Personally I don't like the idea of melt of the week because you're potentially putting down someone's opinion that chooses not to be involved in the podcast setup. It risks moving into bullying territory.

If you're gonna do it then it needs to be by someone that's on the podcast and be more of a "Wednesday whinge". Like Richo's mad as hell segment on the clubs official pod (but then it's not an original idea anyway).

Personally I don't like the idea of melt of the week because you're potentially putting down someone's opinion that chooses not to be involved in the podcast setup. It risks moving into bullying territory.

If you're gonna do it then it needs to be by someone that's on the podcast and be more of a "Wednesday whinge". Like Richo's mad as hell segment on the clubs official pod (but then it's not an original idea anyway).

fair call actually mate.

fully agree.

i could always pick out a post of each of the guests that was a bit funny and have a bit of banter about it.

Richo’s rants are the best.
This year he claimed he was going to try and be positive and do “pump ups” instead of rants.

Subsequently, he has done three rants lol.

Hey mate, great stuff.

I really like long form podcasts like Joe Rogans, where the guests are just chatting about anything and everything. But typically central around one or two ideas. (approx. 3 hours)
I don't mind more "structured" question based podcasts such as Tim Ferriss' as long as the guests are particularly interesting and the questions allow for deeper than average probing.
I don't really like radio sounding podcasts.

Someone like Cal Fussman does a great job of interviewing and is someone I like listening to. Given that you've started the podcast I'm pretty confident that you would have heard of the names I've mentioned, but if not give them a listen.

For example, one thing that's nice about your podcast is when you ask the guests to talk about how they became a tigers supporter. I like the emotion and the stories more than predicting team line ups etc. I'd rather hear someone's thoughts on how the hell they felt when Nathan Brown broke his leg, or what was the first thing they did when the siren went for the grand final than some other stuff but that could just be me.

I enjoy the podcast and I know it'l continue to get even better. Awesome stuff. And of course i'd love to a guest :)

i like the suggestion about more questions about peoples experiences and how they felt when something happened etc.

ill try work that into future episodes for sure! even if its them talking about their favourite richmond moment (excluding the grand final)

ive added in a couple of new things for this weeks episode, a richmond word association game and a who am i quiz, see how it goes!
we know who you are; gotta say that's not one of your best suggestion Michaels

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Look at Dr Buzz kill here :p ;)

IMG_0572.JPG

Look at Dr Buzz kill here :p ;)
Only ever takes one bad incident to lose something people enjoy #saltmine2017 #neverforget

I'm not saying don't s**t on things (eg. Geelong supporters), just don't make it targeted at an individual

Only ever takes one bad incident to lose something people enjoy #saltmine2017 #neverforget

I'm not saying don't s**t on things (eg. Geelong supporters), just don't make it targeted at an individual
Except if it's prodigy; he loves the abuse

Maybe if we had a segment where someone picks out a stupid/dumb comment made by an opposition poster?

they dont name them or anything, just read out their post and why is it was so stupid.

Alright we are another year down so time to assess and see where we can improve the podcast, after all it is the posters podcast!

I really want to grow the listener base again so open to all ideas / suggestions.

I have put together some questions below, would be great to get some answers / feedback on what we can do to improve the show:

1) Do you like the show in it's current format of 1 host and 2 rotating guests or would you rather a more set panel of 2-3 each week with 1 additional rotating poster?

2) Do you find the content of the weekly shows enjoyable and engaging?

3) Is there any content / topics you would rather see more or less of?

4) What elements of the show make you enjoy it? Humour / Information / Guests etc

5) if you could change 1 thing about the show, what would it be?

6) Any other ideas / feedback / suggestions:

1) Do you like the show in it's current format of 1 host and 2 rotating guests or would you rather a more set panel of 2-3 each week with 1 additional rotating poster?

4) What elements of the show make you enjoy it? Humour / Information / Guests etc

Don't feel like you need to be like other casts, I quite enjoy the fact that its different people week in and out. I also enjoy when you get someone from opposition to talk about games. Gives a good insight.

I do, I love reviews of games and talking about the ins and outs

Maybe more conversation that is let go. Towards the end of the year I found myself laughing as things got off the "discussion track"

Maybe some player focus for the new draftees, where they have come from and follow through the year?

Similar to above, its great to have a laugh. But I am a bad judge because i love the cast and look forward to it every week.

Shut that dog up hahahahahhaha

6) Any other ideas / feedback / suggestions:[/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Can you do a live podcast on Facebook from the men’s gallery :)

you obviously missed the Prelim show :p:D

Don't feel like you need to be like other casts, I quite enjoy the fact that its different people week in and out. I also enjoy when you get someone from opposition to talk about games. Gives a good insight.

I do, I love reviews of games and talking about the ins and outs

Maybe more conversation that is let go. Towards the end of the year I found myself laughing as things got off the "discussion track"

Maybe some player focus for the new draftees, where they have come from and follow through the year?

Similar to above, its great to have a laugh. But I am a bad judge because i love the cast and look forward to it every week.

Shut that dog up hahahahahhaha

[/QUOTE]

thanks heaps!

With regards to point 3, as the year went on I started to shift to less of a structured agenda which started to feel like a Q&A and more a discussion based podcast which meant sometimes topics did venture into places that made no sense but it felt a lot more natural.

I agree with you that it was good to have a laugh!

When is the podcast gunna tackle the issues that really matter?

Like how the * can this board allow a mental midget like NaturalDisaster to lead the SFA's Fighting Furies? It's an insult to all things tigerish to have that turd as our figurehead

When is the podcast gunna tackle the issues that really matter?

Like how the **** can this board allow a mental midget like NaturalDisaster to lead the SFA's Fighting Furies? It's an insult to all things tigerish to have that turd as our figurehead

EAD

Back