Podcast Tigercast Feedback / ideas thread!

Would you listen to a 15 minute LIVE Tigercast at Half Time to review the first half of football

• yes

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • no

Votes: 2 28.6%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2015
Pile of Melted servers
AFL Club
Richmond
eJtArpzJRUBLaSLsWq8x3ady31E=.gif

:D

Apr 10, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
1) Do you like the show in it's current format of 1 host and 2 rotating guests or would you rather a more set panel of 2-3 each week with 1 additional rotating poster?
I enjoy the current format - like the variety of insights and opinions having rotating guests provides.

2) Do you find the content of the weekly shows enjoyable and engaging?
Format and content is good but can often become a re-hash of the autopsy/preview threads + what ever is in the AFL media on a certain week. Unsure how this can be changed or improved though! (unless i defer reading our board until after listening to the podcast!).

Perhaps try and produce some more obscure tiger based content (developing player/draftee spotlights etc)

3) Is there any content / topics you would rather see more or less of?
Less general AFL discussions surrounding umpiring, fixture etc.

4) What elements of the show make you enjoy it? Humour / Information / Guests etc

Enjoy listening to the board members expressing their opinions and analyzing the fixture and results
Tiger71 slandering opposition clubs and posters :D

BruceTempany14

Calling out Geelong supporters
Aug 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Hi all,

we are 9 weekly episodes + 2 interviews into our podcast adventure and it has been an absolute blast so far.

I thought it would be a great idea to start a thread to get everyones feedback on what we have done so far and any ideas / suggestions on content you would like to see included on future episodes and hopefully get a few more putting their hand up to come on as guests on future episodes!

Out of 10 how would you rate the podcasts so far?:

What is your favourite thing about the podcasts?:

What is your least favourite thing about the podcasts?:

What is the ideal duration of a podcast in your opinion?:

Is there any additional content you would like to hear on the podcasts?:

Would you consider coming on as a guest on a future episode?:

Thanks for any feedback and ideas in advance, we want to make the show as enjoyable to listen to as possible and capture as big of an audience as possible!

To also give an idea of what we have coming up:
-The remaining weekly episodes of the home and away season have guests locked in
-Trying to do a bye week special before finals (assuming we make it)
-Assuming we make it, finals episodes will include opposition posters
-Interviews lined up with Joel Bowden, Kelvin Moore and Kane Johnson (which we will probably release in the off season once recorded)
-Trade talk episode to be recorded with Tiger71 in the last week of August then an update episode closer to trade time.
-A Brownlow medal special with main board poster BrownlowGuru
-Draft special with Bishop and Pie4life a week prior to the draft

Thanks again for the support, and it would be great to have a heap more people put their hand up to come onto an episode at some stage as we have a lot of quality posters!

Hi , really enjoyed the podcasts this year . A few thoughts :
Make sure some of the guest hosts have been to or watched the most recent game .
Love your hosting michaels , live your analytical skills , you need to be more vocal . You’re are great talent .
Have Tiger71 on for last 15 mins of every podcast , just to give an update . He’s seriously funny dude , let him loose more often , but no F bombs !

I think somehow we need to find a sponsor and get thus podcast broadcast to the masses . I love the whole Tigerland thing !

Just my thoughts

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

TJASTA

❄︎□︎⌧︎♓︎♍︎ 👌︎◆︎●︎●︎⍓︎
Sep 3, 2016
Jack Graham
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Port Melbourne, Furies
1) Do you like the show in it's current format of 1 host and 2 rotating guests or would you rather a more set panel of 2-3 each week with 1 additional rotating poster?
The current format is fine
Yes I do.
This is a bit of a hard one, maybe a bit more nature discussion making the cut. Would make it feel a bit more like a podcast. However, that seems to be shifting anyway.
4) What elements of the show make you enjoy it? Humour / Information / Guests etc
It would be a mix of the humour and the guests. While some of the opp discussion is "serious", it's always cut with humour that is actually entertaining unlike other shows.
5) if you could change 1 thing about the show, what would it be?
Post a link on MB, it seems to be getting some fans over there :D
6) Any other ideas / feedback / suggestions:
Needs more TJASTA

More F bombs and slander from Tiger71 pls.

He is naturally gifted in this area. Some birds are not meant to be caged. The man needs to let himself free

I had a similar thought.....:D

I really enjoy the podcast overall....cheers Michaels and all the cast.....

I'd love to know a bit more about individual players & their pathway into footy as youngsters , biggest influence on their careers, growth etc, footy hero's growing up. Whatever helps us to see that AFL players are human beings...:)...

More F bombs and slander from Tiger71 pls.

He is naturally gifted in this area. Some birds are not meant to be caged. The man needs to let himself free

I'm always equal parts scared and excited whenever I have him on.

But the numbers show that the listeners love him. We get huge numbers of live listens when he comes on ha ha

db26

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2007
Punt road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa,A-league
I do enjoy the show keep up the great work first of all.I agree I do like when you get a opposition teams poster on the show.Also maybe a bit more talk during the season how the kids a tracking in the vfl etc. Maybe ideas what's not working for the team and what is and more in depth analysis on why a player needs to be dropped and the other comes in from vfl etc structure wise,poor form etc.I also enjoy the interviews with past players or afl people.

Last edited:

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle

I reckon a co host each week with 2 rotating guests could work... Also takes a little pressure/workload of you Michaels

Yeh not too bad as it stands

I wouldn't mind knowing the footballing background of the guests TBH, I like knowing about the users of the boards and not just why the follow Richmond. I love country/suburban footy and like hearing peoples stories

I like it when it's on the lighter side. As much as we all wish we were, we are not experts, so lighter side is best

5) if you could change 1 thing about the show, what would it be?

I wouldn't mind having guests with differing views on regularly, good honest banter can be compelling

6) Any other ideas / feedback / suggestions:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here is an idea.

Don't ever get that Hayseed captain blood 17 on your podcast again

You're welcome

I'm gonna do a cricket cast before the first test. And i am going to tag you daily with it. forever.

Isn't he the one that never watches the games before he comes on...

o_Oo_O:D:D
I was having sex for that game and couldn't find a replay, I had a good reason

Nov 5, 2007
Bris....Bane
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Steelers
I was having sex for that game and couldn't find a replay, I had a good reason

We are different people...

I could have done what you did, during the players running out. That includes, getting undressed, turning on the cameras, starting, finishing, turning off the camera, having a shower, getting dressed and getting back in front of the TV.

And still seen the opening bounce.

We are different people...

I could have done what you did, during the players running out. That includes, getting undressed, turning on the cameras, starting, finishing, turning off the camera, having a shower, getting dressed and getting back in front of the TV.

And still seen the opening bounce.
I was pulling out all my best moves, I wasn't *******, I became the embodiment of *******, I was *

Back