Tigers - 2017 Premiers

Remove this Banner Ad

Facts dont care about your feelings demondavey. Richmond won the flag, Melbourne had another typical disappointing year.

Whats there for me to be full of?

#jealousmuch
I mean this really has nothing to do with going for Melbourne. Your immediate response to go down that path says a lot about your ability to argue in a mature way.

Cue more bullshit chest puffing from Richmond fans with Essendon, Collingwood and Carlton supporters biting into the bullshit.

Seriously, the flag was months ago, who ******* knows about next year. Find something else to discuss or do something else FFS....
Collingwood legend member here happy for them to enjoy it, it seems to be Melbourne fans on the salt for some reason.
I was at the last tigers victory unfortunately, not a good day for us, but since then you have to give credit where due, year in year out, no matter how bad they got their arses were in their seats. My own clubs members are disappearing at a shocking rate and it’s sad. I watched every second of the game, barracking for the non vic team because it’s less painful, but there is no denying they bloody deserved the win. It doesn’t matter what the standard of competition is at the time, it doesn’t come into it. You just have to be the best and they were, they dominated the finals series. And they didn’t need an extra 18 free kicks to win it! Sometimes you just have to look past your bias, and realise someone is better. Now to find a way to beat them. That’s what our great game is all about. The changing styles keeps it interesting. As for the “The won defending” brigade so what! For years I’ve been crying out for quality defenders, cos a team is nothing without them. That’s why Malthouse was such a good coach. He got that. I only coached local level, and a different sport, but I’d start every training session with the same question ‘who are the defenders?” God help em if they didn’t answer “all of us!”
Well done tigers enjoy it!

Collingwood legend member here happy for them to enjoy it, it seems to be Melbourne fans on the salt for some reason.
I was at the last tigers victory unfortunately, not a good day for us, but since then you have to give credit where due, year in year out, no matter how bad they got their arses were in their seats. My own clubs members are disappearing at a shocking rate and it’s sad. I watched every second of the game, barracking for the non vic team because it’s less painful, but there is no denying they bloody deserved the win. It doesn’t matter what the standard of competition is at the time, it doesn’t come into it. You just have to be the best and they were, they dominated the finals series. And they didn’t need an extra 18 free kicks to win it! Sometimes you just have to look past your bias, and realise someone is better. Now to find a way to beat them. That’s what our great game is all about. The changing styles keeps it interesting. As for the “The won defending” brigade so what! For years I’ve been crying out for quality defenders, cos a team is nothing without them. That’s why Malthouse was such a good coach. He got that. I only coached local level, and a different sport, but I’d start every training session with the same question ‘who are the defenders?” God help em if they didn’t answer “all of us!”
Well done tigers enjoy it!

Don't be so bloody reasonable. This is Big Footy!!

Let’s see you say that if it ever happens again first, gees when was it again? Oh yeah, 1964, were you even born then? And you reckon you’d be over it in 3 months?tell im he’s dreamin!
Remember Melbourne members voted to merge with Hawthorn so could well be true

I mean this really has nothing to do with going for Melbourne. Your immediate response to go down that path says a lot about your ability to argue in a mature way.

Lets see, this should be easy pickings.

Throughout your posts your primary defence is centered around annointing yourself as the 'gold standard' of (firstly) moderating, secondly seemingly the queens english, and finally the last bastion maturity.

Yet you arent a moderator, the queens english doesnt use swear words and youve gone on to label others with derogatory terms.

The psychology is fascinating but in essence, you are nothing you claim to be. Cutting through the crap, just yet another jelly Melbourne supporter.

This isnt going well for you by any measure is it? But please keep posting lol

Not jealous at all, funny that your immediate response is 'he must be jealous'. Just sick and tired of the same old bullshit threads and discussions clogging the main board. I am pretty sure we've had a saturation of premier threads non stop since you won.

Don't want to clog up the main board with a thread about the Grand Final and premiers for the year......there wouldn't be enough room for all the best under 23 threads.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bullshit. I wouldn't be gloating like your mob have.
Don't mistake gloating with us returning fire to all the jokes etc of how many years. What i see is people cutting up rough. Who can dish it out but can't take it when it's returned with interest.
You can't have it both ways and we are gonna ensure it doesn't happen.

Sent from my SM-J320ZN using Tapatalk

You can finish 7th, win the flag and not play finals the following year.
You can finish 13th one year and then the following year be the 4/5th best team for that year and win the flag.

It's a different time now....the days in which you had to be a very good team for a number of years or at the least be considered the best 1 or 2 teams of that year are gone. If this current trend continues......Premierships will be like junior participation awards in which every club in the modern era will have one.

Mediocrity is now King
#cashinnow

Oh please Dan and try some tequila with all your salt. We could easily point out, when North won there last flag, the game was simpler, also sides filled with average fitness players with the odd standout like stevens who were seriously noticed as they, back then, as most of there team mates could not run all day like they can now...we can say due to that, and the basic tactics employed in the 90's by sides, seriously meant that flags like North scream sub standard compared to teams who have won the flag in the last 5 years as they game has evolved to a elite sportsmen comp.

Like seriously, before you knock our flag, let it sink in, you won your last flag by using pagans paddock for heavens sake lol

You can finish 7th, win the flag and not play finals the following year.
You can finish 13th one year and then the following year be the 4/5th best team for that year and win the flag.

It's a different time now....the days in which you had to be a very good team for a number of years or at the least be considered the best 1 or 2 teams of that year are gone. If this current trend continues......Premierships will be like junior participation awards in which every club in the modern era will have one.

Mediocrity is now King
#cashinnow
True. With 18 teams in the comp, teams will need to make the most of their chances.

Teams that spend 10 years building up their lists hoping for sustained success like Melbourne and Carlton still have no guarantees.

Then there’s sides like Gold Coast and North who are at least 3-4 years behind them in their list build. Going to be a long long time for them to cash in. Hope their fans are patient.

Has there ever been a Premiership team with more superstars than Richmond's 2017 team.

Alex Rance arguably the greatest defender in modern history
Trent Cotchin inspirational brownlow medalist premiership captain, as tough and as selfless as Budda Hocking but as skillful as Gary Ablett
Dustin Martin, arguably the greatest player of the modern era
Jack Riewoldt, two time Coleman medalist and proven big game performer

Has there ever been a Premiership team with more superstars than Richmond's 2017 team.

Alex Rance arguably the greatest defender in modern history
Trent Cotchin inspirational brownlow medalist premiership captain, as tough and as selfless as Budda Hocking but as skillful as Gary Ablett
Dustin Martin, arguably the greatest player of the modern era
Jack Riewoldt, two time Coleman medalist and proven big game performer

Yeah nah, one year does not make him the greatest of the modern era, arguably or otherwise.

Good to see you coming up for air, now get back to Trent stroking before he goes missing again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back