Rumour Tigers accused of groping teammate

Remove this Banner Ad

When I first seen this I thought to myself, what a bunch of weirdo's. But after thinking back to when i played, these sort of locker room antics were common place. Its just what blokes do, its bloke behaviour and i'm sure there is some sort of biological reason for it. Why then is it so common and happens in almost every culture? Its a bit like how male friends constantly insult each other, this occurs across lots of cultures.

just because it's been normalised for so long that "it's just what blokes do" doesn't mean it's not utterly ******* r*tarded. "boys will be boys" bogan culture where everything is "just a laugh" is literally the dumbest ******* culture in human civilisation

The Tiges are just embracing world cultures. My teen son, who has many Korean friends, indulges this passtime, not at the workplace, but the school place. Such degenerates the youth of today.

Yes today’s youth are so much worse than any youth in previous history

Seeing the comments in here and all over Bigfooty show how truly screwed up Australia is.

It was dumb, disrespectful and shouldn’t have happened but get over it.

32ac43fb73c4b80b138215326c340306

When I first seen this I thought to myself, what a bunch of weirdo's. But after thinking back to when i played, these sort of locker room antics were common place. Its just what blokes do, its bloke behaviour and i'm sure there is some sort of biological reason for it. Why then is it so common and happens in almost every culture? Its a bit like how male friends constantly insult each other, this occurs across lots of cultures.

confused.gif

You think sticking your fingers up someones date is "locker room antics".

Wow.

I'd call it rape. Date rape to be precise.

It's not "just" what blokes do. It's not typical bloke behaviour. And there certainly is ZERO evidence for it being biological.

What I would consider normal is making dick jokes etc. It just gets weird when someone begins to fondle another person junk under the guise of "team" or "blokes being blokes". And did we forget this happened on live TV?

I hate this "blokes being blokes" reasoning being thrown around. It's just dumb and ignorant.

It's not "just" what blokes do. It's not typical bloke behaviour. And there certainly is ZERO evidence for it being biological.

What I would consider normal is making dick jokes etc. It just gets weird when someone begins to fondle another person junk under the guise of "team" or "blokes being blokes". And did we forget this happened on live TV?

I hate this "blokes being blokes" reasoning being thrown around. It's just dumb and ignorant.

Never played footy then

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Never played footy then

Played footy, hated that sh!t, knew that there was no point trying to get people to stop it, observed that for every person who thought it was hilarious, there was another person who looked very awkward about it and just tried to get out of it unscathed by laughing along and waiting for it to pass. People confuse the fact that people say nothing against it as tacit approval, but it's really not. I'd say more people find it awkward and uncomfortable than find it funny. For that reason, I think it's a myth that it builds team-bonding - it inhibits it and makes it impossible for certain people to feel comfortable and actually be friends with certain other people. Just because those people aren't aware of it doesn't make it any less true.

I was fortunate that I was always the biggest guy in the locker room and nobody ever tried that sh!t on me, but that speaks volumes, doesn't it? - they didn't try it on the big guy because they knew I wouldn't tolerate it and that might end badly for them. There is intimidation involved in this stuff - they are pushing boundaries to see how much they can humiliate somebody or impose themselves on them in an inappropriate way. I'm not buying the whole "fun was had by all" summary. Fun was had by some, sure, but not by others. People are dividing themselves neatly down the middle in this thread because they either did, or didn't, realise that others hated it - and they tend to brush it off as harmless hijinx if they don't want to feel guilty about having done it in their own past. That's why you get the "so you never played footy" accusation. I remember seeing this crap and thinking, "bloody losers", but I tried to look the other way because you could see the potential for team disharmony if you made a thing about it. I can only imagine how the people on the receiving end of it might have experienced it. I feel like I probably should have said something, in a way. I'm really not sure. But I don't look back on it with amusement or fond memories of having witnessed it. I think it was crap behaviour, and had a maladaptive aspect that wasn't as harmless as they want it to sound.

To anyone who looks back to their misspent youth and thinks, "I remember doing that, and it was hilarious, and nobody got hurt", just realise that you are intentionally kidding yourself because you don't want to consider the possibility that there were people who hated it, but played along just so you wouldn't get any worse or that they'd be labelled as a killjoy. The absence of a complaint from them doesn't mean they liked it. You have to consider the possibility, at least - and if you can't, it's because you know deep down that some people might not have been ok with it.

Played footy, hated that sh!t, knew that there was no point trying to get people to stop it, observed that for every person who thought it was hilarious, there was another person who looked very awkward about it and just tried to get out of it unscathed by laughing along and waiting for it to pass. People confuse the fact that people say nothing against it as tacit approval, but it's really not. I'd say more people find it awkward and uncomfortable than find it funny. For that reason, I think it's a myth that it builds team-bonding - it inhibits it and makes it impossible for certain people to feel comfortable and actually be friends with certain other people. Just because those people aren't aware of it doesn't make it any less true.

I was fortunate that I was always the biggest guy in the locker room and nobody ever tried that sh!t on me, but that speaks volumes, doesn't it? - they didn't try it on the big guy because they knew I wouldn't tolerate it and that might end badly for them. There is intimidation involved in this stuff - they are pushing boundaries to see how much they can humiliate somebody or impose themselves on them in an inappropriate way. I'm not buying the whole "fun was had by all" summary. Fun was had by some, sure, but not by others. People are dividing themselves neatly down the middle in this thread because they either did, or didn't, realise that others hated it - and they tend to brush it off as harmless hijinx if they don't want to feel guilty about having done it in their own past. That's why you get the "so you never played footy" accusation. I remember seeing this crap and thinking, "bloody losers", but I tried to look the other way because you could see the potential for team disharmony if you made a thing about it. I can only imagine how the people on the receiving end of it might have experienced it. I feel like I probably should have said something, in a way. I'm really not sure. But I don't look back on it with amusement or fond memories of having witnessed it. I think it was crap behaviour, and had a maladaptive aspect that wasn't as harmless as they want it to sound.

To anyone who looks back to their misspent youth and thinks, "I remember doing that, and it was hilarious, and nobody got hurt", just realise that you are intentionally kidding yourself because you don't want to consider the possibility that there were people who hated it, but played along just so you wouldn't get any worse or that they'd be labelled as a killjoy. The absence of a complaint from them doesn't mean they liked it. You have to consider the possibility, at least - and if you can't, it's because you know deep down that some people might not have been ok with it.

Don't get defensive. I'm making an observation. It occurs everywhere, almost anyone who played football will remember times like this occurring. It cannot be pure coincidence that it occurs in most team sporting environments across different cultures. Males and females.

Arguing that they need to behave like a "normal workplace" is ridiculous. Firstly you're going to have to define what normal is, because for a soldier a workplace is completely different than an accountant, playing sport is completely different than a being an actor. Yet they are all technically workplaces.

Actually in 2020 its the LGBTQ movement that has normalised sexualised behavior.

What's more sexualised, a few footballers messing around or a whole parade of overt sexualised behaviour that apparently is wonderful?

Apparently that parade is even family friendly.

Is that you Fred Nile?
I'm guessing you're a good Catholic boy from Boston- who was told by Father Aloysius that touching each other was normal, but only in private?
Actually in 2020 it's the LGBTQIAPK and I'll think you'll find the ease of accessibility to pr0n for young people to be the biggest factor in 'normalising' sexual behaviour- that and music videos!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just because it's been normalised for so long that "it's just what blokes do" doesn't mean it's not utterly ******* r*tarded. "boys will be boys" bogan culture where everything is "just a laugh" is literally the dumbest ******* culture in human civilisation

Those who get offended on the behalf of others who aren't offended are dumbest

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Maybe they didn't do it to you because:
A. You didn't like it and respected that
B. You are a stick in the mud and therefore not worth trying to have with you

do you think you sound like a philosopher when you spout this line? i'm not offended, just pointing out how normalised dumb bogan culture is, people like you are so conditioned by "the aussie way" you come out with s**t like that

I'm sure you're fun at parties

are you a bot?! that is THE stereotypical bogan reply lmao "u hate bogan culture u must be boring at parties, where cool bogans get smashed and get into fights, like real aussies"

Maybe they didn't do it to you because:
A. You didn't like it and respected that
B. You are a stick in the mud and therefore not worth trying to have with you

I'll leave myself out of it. I was observing what others were doing. I could clearly see that some people really disliked it, but tolerated it so they didn't make waves. It wasn't healthy fun - even if people like you insist it is. There were winners and losers out of these games. These things aren't generally equal/mutual. There tends to be a grabber and a "grabee". A doer and a receiver. Sucks if you're on the wrong end of that. People who can't see that tend to lack empathy for others in general. Which is why I don't care if people post ridiculing/laughing emoticons in response to my posts. I figure they are people with empathy problems and not people to envy. They probably feel confused by people having emotions and reaction all over the place - constantly irritated at why people can't be more simple and do things their way. Even you just tried it out on me right now - an attempt to put me in my place with an accusation that I'm no fun, when actually you couldn't possibly know anything about me. I'm just not into these one-upmanship games. It's not my bag. I like fun as much as the next guy, but I like to see people all being on equal footing. Like the Richmond video, you didn't see Chol giving equal treatment back. He was getting it, but not giving it - and he was none too pleased about it. By your reckoning he was a stick in the mud. I don't think he was - it was just not fun for him.

Stereotypical response from you to call someone who likes to have fun a bogan.....

shoving your fingers up guys assholes isn't fun bro lmao

Insightful analysis. Struck a nerve?

Your defence of the behaviour appears to be that it’s simply an intrinsic part of being at a footy club. The poster said he played at a footy club and didn’t care for the behaviour. So have others. Now, unless you believe the only two or three people in Australia bothered by the behaviour are in this thread, you may have to consider that some in your team didn’t care for it either. Maybe, just maybe, grabbing junk didn’t make you the Oscar Wilde of the locker room. It just made you a twat. And possibly a sex pest.

Insightful analysis. Struck a nerve?

Your defence of the behaviour appears to be that it’s simply an intrinsic part of being at a footy club. The poster said he played at a footy club and didn’t care for the behaviour. So have others. Now, unless you believe the only two or three people in Australia bothered by the behaviour are in this thread, you may have to consider that some in your team didn’t care for it either. Maybe, just maybe, grabbing junk didn’t make you the Oscar Wilde of the locker room. It just made you a twat. And possibly a sex pest.

Thanks for your opinion champ I’m going to struggle to sleep tonight!! Richmond and the AFL signed off on it I’m sorry your offended on behalf of chol

It will be interesting to ask Mabior his opinion on the actions of his teammates when his career is over, but it's madness to expect him to say "I was furious about it and my level of respect for my teammates has reduced significantly as a result of their actions" whilst he's a young player finding his way in the game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back