Rumour Tigers accused of groping teammate

Remove this Banner Ad

For the many in this thread who seem to think touching other mens dicks and bumholes is normal and OK-
This 'normalising' of sexualised behaviour (which is by definition sexual assault if not invited) has been perpetuated by those in positions of power- whether it be coaches, captains or the 'popular' guys at a club- usually passed down form older generations.

Minimising complaints by saying 'it's just a little fun' makes the victims out to be weak (which let's be honest- the perpetrators rarely go after the bloke who will smack them out)

The above can also apply to institutionalised abused at schools, churches, boys homes, etc-

following gang/ pack mentality doesnt make you tough and right- it makes you piss weak and wrong.

If you truly enjoy such locker room antics- perhaps you need go just admit you like touching men and men touching you (not that there's anything wrong with that)

For the many in this thread who seem to think touching other mens dicks and bumholes is normal and OK-
This 'normalising' of sexualised behaviour (which is by definition sexual assault if not invited) has been perpetuated by those in positions of power- whether it be coaches, captains or the 'popular' guys at a club- usually passed down form older generations.

Minimising complaints by saying 'it's just a little fun' makes the victims out to be weak (which let's be honest- the perpetrators rarely go after the bloke who will smack them out)

The above can also apply to institutionalised abused at schools, churches, boys homes, etc-

following gang/ pack mentality doesnt make you tough and right- it makes you piss weak and wrong.

If you truly enjoy such locker room antics- perhaps you need go just admit you like touching men and men touching you (not that there's anything wrong with that)

Couldn't have said it better myself. I witnessed this sort of crap playing junior footy and it always made its way down from the seniors. I personally witnessed a really sick perverted act by a senior player "chaperoning" at an u/18's end of year footy trip. The junior player had pretty much passed out as the senior "cub legend" thought that it would be hilarious to pull his old feller out and and stick it near his face. Sanity prevailed with U/18 coach ushering him away before it became really serious. I was absolutely disgusted and if I witnessed the same act as a adult I would have knocked out the dickead taking advantage of a drunk 17 year old. The other senior players around all though it was funny - absolute low lives IMO...

What absolute crap. It is a totally different environment to a normal workplace, if you think otherwise I don't know what to say. You can't punch on with your colleague at work and expect to have a job tomorrow. You can in an AFL club. If you were charged with a crime in a normal workplace you wouldn't receive the same support you do at an AFL club. These blokes don't even work a normal 5 day week. I could go on and on. It is totally different.

They are very well paid because they're good footballers and good footballers generate a lot of income for the AFL and clubs. The role model argument is the stupidest thing in the world. Yes kids look up to athletes but that doesn't mean they have to behave in a way that appeases some random kid's parents because they're too lazy to parent them.
So what would some random's kid parents do if they weren't lazy? Ban them from watching AFL? Tell them the behaviour of AFL players is only appropriate when they are in the AFL or that this behaviour is only appropriate when the person whose dick or bum they want to touch is happy for them to do so?. Reality is I think these actions turn parents that are not lazy off encouraging their child's career in AFL. Ground level dies, the sport dies!

In reading posts to this thread I find many opposing views but little real ethical analysis that might guide us to what and why of the happening. It seems for many this is not abnormal behaviour but also for many this is considered weird, possibly racist, bullying and sexually related. Is it actually any of these things? Society, ie. the majority, often driven by media, has considered many behaviours off limits we now recognise as reasonable. Chol has stated it is ok by him. Is this a failure by many of us to understand and accept junior male society? Is this normal behaviour made abnormal by adult views?

Is it just modern media? Are we all now exposed to what happens in the front lines and stupidly surprised it isn't exactly what we expected. Should general society get a grip and moderate their views?

So what would some random's kid parents do if they weren't lazy? Ban them from watching AFL? Tell them the behaviour of AFL players is only appropriate when they are in the AFL or that this behaviour is only appropriate when the person whose dick or bum they want to touch is happy for them to do so?. Reality is I think these actions turn parents that are not lazy off encouraging their child's career in AFL. Ground level dies, the sport dies!

In reading posts to this thread I find many opposing views but little real ethical analysis that might guide us to what and why of the happening. It seems for many this is not abnormal behaviour but also for many this is considered weird, possibly racist, bullying and sexually related. Is it actually any of these things? Society, ie. the majority, often driven by media, has considered many behaviours off limits we now recognise as reasonable. Chol has stated it is ok by him. Is this a failure by many of us to understand and accept junior male society? Is this normal behaviour made abnormal by adult views?

Is it just modern media? Are we all now exposed to what happens in the front lines and stupidly surprised it isn't exactly what we expected. Should general society get a grip and moderate their views?
Because people carry on like it is up to athletes, movie stars etc to behave in a way that appeases them, because they're either too lazy or stupid to raise their kids properly. Yes kids do look up to famous people but if you cannot raise your child to know right or wrong then that is on you.

What absolute crap. It is a totally different environment to a normal workplace, if you think otherwise I don't know what to say. You can't punch on with your colleague at work and expect to have a job tomorrow. You can in an AFL club. If you were charged with a crime in a normal workplace you wouldn't receive the same support you do at an AFL club. These blokes don't even work a normal 5 day week. I could go on and on. It is totally different.

They are very well paid because they're good footballers and good footballers generate a lot of income for the AFL and clubs. The role model argument is the stupidest thing in the world. Yes kids look up to athletes but that doesn't mean they have to behave in a way that appeases some random kid's parents because they're too lazy to parent them.
There are so many workplaces that are unique and totally out there. Try painting sets for a production until 4am in the morning in cold draughty rat infested old theatres. It just doesn't give anyone an excuse for unacceptabe behaviour: NEVER.

There are so many workplaces that are unique and totally out there. Try painting sets for a production until 4am in the morning in cold draughty rat infested old theatres. It just doesn't give anyone an excuse for unacceptabe behaviour: NEVER.
A theatre type are you?

Because people carry on like it is up to athletes, movie stars etc to behave in a way that appeases them, because they're either too lazy or stupid to raise their kids properly. Yes kids do look up to famous people but if you cannot raise your child to know right or wrong then that is on you.

But kids shouldn't be subjected to grown men fondling each others junk on live T.V. That has nothing to do with how parents raise their kids. That is all on the players and how they behave in the public eye particularly during a live broadcast. It's not rocket science.

How does a parent explain the behaviour? In fact, how does Reiwoldt explain his "tapping" of Short's junk on live T.V to his kids? I would love to know.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely the onus is shared between those In the public eye and those consuming?

Yes, those on telly should probably avoid doing stupid things, but when human error inevitably occurs then it should fall to the parents to be raising their kids to understand what is and isn't acceptable and in what settings.

I saw plenty of stupid s**t on TV growing up, but didn't copy it blindly because I wasn't raised by an idiot... Mostly.

But kids shouldn't be subjected to grown men fondling each others junk on live T.V. That has nothing to do with how parents raise their kids. That is all on the players and how they behave in the public eye particularly during a live broadcast. It's not rocket science.

How does a parent explain the behaviour? In fact, how does Reiwoldt explain his "tapping" of Short's junk on live T.V to his kids? I would love to know.
All sorts of stuff can happen on live TV. Most people didn't even notice this had happened until it was highlighted by the media and played over and over.

The role model argument is complete crap.

I assume you know how to raise children. What approach did you take? Did you let your child watch AFL? What measures/conversations did you have to have with your child to ensure they did not try and emulate their idols. How did you explain to your child that you thinks it is fine for AFL players to do that on TV but it is not ok for them to do it?

When you post the role model argument is crap I get the impression you haven't spent much time around young people. The degree to which they mimic the antics of their heroes goes well beyond what an adult would make sense of.

Actually in 2020 its the LGBTQ movement that has normalised sexualised behavior.

What's more sexualised, a few footballers messing around or a whole parade of overt sexualised behaviour that apparently is wonderful?

Apparently that parade is even family friendly.

Which hawthorn players pack assualted a black man , touching his penis and sticking a finger up his ass?

Pack assaulted? Lol. I am wondering young man, you are sokeen to highlight actual sexual assault have you demanded from your club to suspend Degoey till after his trial?

Considering your clubs proven deviant behavior, past and present it's only just no? Consider your racist playing group calling harry o that racist nickname. Talk about a pack assault

Last edited:
Actually in 2020 its the LGBTQ movement that has normalised sexualised behavior.

What's more sexualised, a few footballers messing around or a whole parade of overt sexualised behaviour that apparently is wonderful?

Apparently that parade is even family friendly.
What a bunch of wowsers some Australians have become.

When I first seen this I thought to myself, what a bunch of weirdo's. But after thinking back to when i played, these sort of locker room antics were common place. Its just what blokes do, its bloke behaviour and i'm sure there is some sort of biological reason for it. Why then is it so common and happens in almost every culture? Its a bit like how male friends constantly insult each other, this occurs across lots of cultures.

The Tiges are just embracing world cultures. My teen son, who has many Korean friends, indulges this passtime, not at the workplace, but the school place. Such degenerates the youth of today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back