Nick Vlaustin - Alex Rance -Bachar Houli

C: Francis Bourke - Bill Barrott - Dick Clay

HF: Matthew Richardson - Royce Hart -
Maurice Rioli

F: Jack Riewoldt - Jack Titus - Dustin Martin

Ruck: Roy Wright - Jack Dyer - Kevin Bartlett

I/C: Michael Green -
Trent Cotchin - Dale Weightman - Matthew Knights

The backline has run & carry of McCormack, Houli & Vlastuin, with Rance, Grimes intercepting & the great Thorp to lockdown the key forward goal kicker, whether that be Gordon Coventry, Tony Lockett or a guy like Buddy Franklin, no one is going to get away from him, he's too smart & too quick
The centreline picks themselves, Barrott being the Dusty big game/finals player of that era with honorable mention to the great late 1920's & early 1930's centreline of Stan Judkins - Eric Zschech - Alan Geddes
The forwardline has our 3 greatest goalkickers in Titus, Richardson & Riewoldt, with Hart, Rioli & Martin being the match winners
The followers in Wright, Dyer & Bartlett are elite & give the side 1st use of the ball
The interchange has 1st change ruck Green, with Cotchin, Weightman & Knights all picking themselves
how can you not have your avatar in the team
and you took out joe murdoch he would have eaten rance for breakfast
then had houli grimes and vlaustin for sweets

how can you not have your avatar in the team
and you took out joe murdoch he would have eaten rance for breakfast
then had houli grimes and vlaustin for sweets

Hmmm yeah your right, but i didn't want to play favourites :p
My personal choice would be Stan Judkins - Eric Zschech - Alan Geddes
Speaking of tough players, that 1930's backline was tough elite
Martin Bolger - Maurie Sheahen - Kevin O'Neill
Jack Baggott - Joe Murdoch - Basil McCormack
The Followers Percy Bentley - Jack Dyer - Ray Martin was bloody good as well
If we only somehow had live footage, most of the above players would probably get picked
Shame that all of the supporters who did see them live have passed away, have read that team gave alot of joy during the depression years
Do you really think it was a coincidence that the Great Depression came straight after Collingwood winning four straight premierships?:cool:

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back