MRP / Trib. Tigers appealing 2 staging charges

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Bet their were some heavy behind the scenes action by RFC in regards to these pissant staging charges we copped...
mate we re run by lawyers and I'm not talkin the ones opposite Broadmeadows magistrates court either , don't * with us ,,,just DONT

Eat a dick Gleeson. Gave no other option when he argued that Hurley's response to Lynch was adequate. Screwed the whole system with that as it meant that Grimes and Vlastuin's reactions to contact were adequate as well.

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers
I posted this link in opposition observations but for posterity Garry Lyons comments need to go here:

Under the heading "Betraying the Game"

Garry actually suggests that Joel Duckwood, yep the guy who has been staging for his whole career have a word to Dylan Grimes. It is literally unbelievable. He wants a cheat to smarten up Grimesey who has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

Still waiting for your apology Gaz.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
He was ok for a while and he’d get criticised no matter what which f’ed his judgment because he couldn’t win. Now he just bows to media and social media pressure in spite of the facts.
The Lynch decision was a joke, and the other two, sure, it can be argued quite easily they exaggerated contact (also easy to argue the way we did to clear them) but then there should be 100 charges laid per game. Why single those two out?
before labelling what is a significant slur on a player the review needs to be comprehensive, clearly it was far from. Questions need to be asked WHY not and why was the determination so inconsistent over other incidents by same MRO

Tony Stark

Club Legend
Oct 12, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Just dont get how when examining the footage it is so clearly obvious it wasn't staging. All the subsequent controversy and the social media backlash towards Grimes could have been avoided if the MRO had simply done their job correctly in the first place, amateur hour at best.

I believe a formal apology should be forthcoming from the AFL to especially Grimes given the circumstances but in both cases given the old adage that you throw enough mud some of it sticks.

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Not a good outcome for Michael Christian. I actually feel for the bloke. He does seem to be an honest decent person who seems to have lost touch with what he's meant to be overseeing. Maybe it's time for him to have a break and bring someone with recent playing experience and a track record of sound judgement into the MRO position.

Theres too much pressure, too much outside noise. He was definitely influenced by the media witch hunt over the past few weeks. It really does need someone with a lot of common sense but even when its applied you have rodents in the media creating hysteria over it.

Lets be honest the afl have made his job really difficult here. On one hand they publicly say they want to stamp out little hits not realising they opened pandoras box in doing so potentially suspending players for the softest of soft. The argument is there should be none of that - whoever runs with that line of thinking has either never played contact sport or theyre just a *en hypocrite ex player.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Drugs / Bummers sooks still calling into SEN. Get over it. They were all proven not guilty and YOU LOST d1ckheads. go away. concentrate on winning a Game

EFA

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
I posted this link in opposition observations but for posterity Garry Lyons comments need to go here:

Under the heading "Betraying the Game"

Garry actually suggests that Joel Duckwood, yep the guy who has been staging for his whole career have a word to Dylan Grimes. It is literally unbelievable. He wants a cheat to smarten up Grimesey who has been cleared of any wrongdoing.

Still waiting for your apology Gaz.

So is Billy

What a gratifying week at the tribunal. It filled me with the warm embrace of good over evil,right over wrong. But what was the most pleasing of all, were the collective melts of oppo supporters losing there minds. So thank you Bigfooty and the thank you social media

Back