Tigers Ashes discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

How the hell am I supposed to know who’s who when the majority of the soap dodgers are wearing jumpers? Archer is the only one I can tell. I’m surprised Root hasn’t 66 on his jumper in texta

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Warner must be dropped. Surely someone could make a better fist of it than he is doing now.
Ball moves a millimeter he cant handle it

Warner and Harris are both shithouse. Might as well play Finch and Khawaja as openers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never heard of him. What’s his story RD?
Hes a 20yr old young gun from Vic,but he missed half the shield season with mental illness. He was selected in the squad for the Sri Lanka tests back end of last summer but never debuted.

Khawaja
Harris
Lab
Smith
Head

If we need to replace Warner who is woefully out of form, you'd probably want Joe Burns whose in form, but he went home from county cricket with chronic fatigue so not sure hes avaliable, bancroft is just langers WA love pet who has shown very little at test level what so ever from 10 goes now. I'd just stick with Warner, hes got the runs in the bank and is a world class player.
I dont want to see usman back any time soon, absolute down hill skier if ive ever seen one. Makes his runs against the weaker nations or when the pressure is off and we are in a commanding position. He has no situational awareness either, whenever we lose a early wicket he never comes in and blunts the new ball or digs in, he will just make a free flowing 20 off max 5 overs and then get out, exposing the rest of the order to the new ball and doesnt help minimise a collapse in the slightest.
This tweet sums up khawaja perfectly.

Attachments

• 69870025_791835747898269_8851135549252042752_n.jpg
    69870025_791835747898269_8851135549252042752_n.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 43
Hes a 20yr old young gun from Vic,but he missed half the shield season with mental illness. He was selected in the squad for the Sri Lanka tests back end of last summer but never debuted.

If we need to replace Warner who is woefully out of form, you'd probably want Joe Burns whose in form, but he went home from county cricket with chronic fatigue so not sure hes avaliable, bancroft is just langers WA love pet who has shown very little at test level what so ever from 10 goes now. I'd just stick with Warner, hes got the runs in the bank and is a world class player.
I dont want to see usman back any time soon, absolute down hill skier if ive ever seen one. Makes his runs against the weaker nations or when the pressure is off and we are in a commanding position. He has no situational awareness either, whenever we lose a early wicket he never comes in and blunts the new ball or digs in, he will just make a free flowing 20 off max 5 overs and then get out, exposing the rest of the order to the new ball and doesnt help minimise a collapse in the slightest.
This tweet sums up khawaja perfectly.

Warner is a downhill skier. Has only ever made runs in Australia outside of his first tour to South Africa. Unfortunatley Bancroft is absolutely lost.

How about Smith though? Honestly the best batsman I have seen.

Warner is a downhill skier. Has only ever made runs in Australia outside of his first tour to South Africa. Unfortunatley Bancroft is absolutely lost.

Warners overseas record leaves a lot to be desired, he's definitly a home deck bully, but hes not a downhill skier. Made lots of runs against good test nations.
Heres a breakdown of their runs by opponents and countries

Khawaja:

Warner:

They both love scoring runs in Aus, but atleast warner can produce against the quality nations too. Out of the squad we have over there its either bancroft or Usman to replace him, and if thats the choice id rather just stick with Davey

Yeah Bancroft just plonks that front foot down and hes at the mercy of lbw decisions.

He's just something else isnt he, such a bizarre batsman but it all works. How about that diving shot to bring up his 50 haha

Never heard of him. What’s his story RD?
Plays for Melb/Vic but had a concussion set back followed by mental health stuff. I also know a lot at Melb and I’ve never heard the term flog, quite the opposite but also cut from a different cloth than most, very different if you like.
There are people at Melbourne who’ve been there forever and rate him the best at this age they’ve seen. I’ve seen him play a few times and there is just something about him, looks really hard to get out and loves batting.
But it’s a convo once with a guy pretty connected high up in Aus cricket who assured us that he’d be playing now If ready mentally and they can’t wait to get him in that pricked my ears, followed immediately by Kerry o’keefe who confirmed it and said if you can get on 10+ test centuries on any betting platform get on now.
He had an innings for Vic last season when he was reportedly telling his batting partner he didn’t feel “right” and should stop but was urged to continue because he was hitting them in the middle... got 243😳 , not long after that he took a mental health break so clearly both a prodigious talent but a very different proposition than the run of the mill young player.
Another young player tipped to make an impact sooner rather than later at international level is a kid named Baxter Holt, I’ve not seen him play so it’s only from what I’m told but he’s raved about as a long term Aus keeper/Batsman prospect. Will be playing Big Bash this season for Sydney Thunder so keep an eye out.

Last edited:
We should just open with Smith and Lasagne, the poms cannot get them out. What’s the record for highest percentage of team runs scored by 2 batsmen? These guys could push it since no one else can survive more than 10min.

We should just open with Smith and Lasagne, the poms cannot get them out. What’s the record for highest percentage of team runs scored by 2 batsmen? These guys could push it since no one else can survive more than 10min.
Smiths record post going in the first ten overs as opposed to being in too early is staggering, definitely don’t want him opening!
The openers have faced some pretty serious bowling though and they both have a tendency to push too hard at it which is why Bancroft got a chance I’m sure. Warner needs to get himself in but just isn’t giving himself the chance. He’d be better batting middle order himself.

Warner must be dropped. Surely someone could make a better fist of it than he is doing now.
Agree. Looks completely lost & there is only so long you can persevere.
I'd give Carey a run to be honest.
Had easily the best technique in the World Cup.
Played conventional cricket strokes when everyone else was going the bash !!!

Need a right hand, left hand combination I reckon. Broad is very good to the lefties. Need to break up his rythm

More flat track bully than downhill skier. Has struggled overseas compared to the trash road pitches we produce for 5 days of ticket, food and beverage sales each test in Australia.

MINORunsHSAveBFSR1005004's6's
home2011-201838675369825359.64471178.491512244331view innings
away2012-201938730250514534.31367368.20517630922

Id rather watch the eveness of bat and ball in the UK than the rubbish 500+ innings in Australia every summer

Compare that to the brilliance that is Steve Smith though. Home record on the flat tracks outstanding as expected but look at that away record. Someone mentioned it here but i have to agree, Best batsman ive seen in my time

home
2010-2018295010309023977.25530658.231310233912view innings
away2013-201934637327321558.44598454.691213136624view innings

Remove this Banner Ad

Back