Tigers Ashes discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

SWaugh...
He’s a freak.
It’s hard to argue that he isn’t the best we’ve had after Bradman atm
Think he's better than Waugh, Ponting, G Chappell, they are more orthodox but his effectiveness is astonishing.
He would drive the bowlers insane with his mannerisms, the fact that good balls on or about off stump the batsmen nick are placed behind square leg for one or two and when you go a touch wider he bangs it through covers for four!!!
With Anderson unable to bowl and Ali being sort of s**t... :eek:

#Englandhaveinjuries

Think he's better than Waugh, Ponting, G Chappell, they are more orthodox but his effectiveness is astonishing.
He would drive the bowlers insane with his mannerisms, the fact that good balls on or about off stump the batsmen nick are placed behind square leg for one or two and when you go a touch wider he bangs it through covers for four!!!
With Anderson unable to bowl and Ali being sort of s**t... :eek:

#Englandhaveinjuries
SWaugh can bowl as well, is a Captain, terrific fielder as well!...beats Smith easily!

It's the fifth time in history that a batsman has scored two centuries in The Ashes.
I do not know the circumstances of Hayden's effort, but this would probably have to be the most hostile environment, given the torrents of local media and spectator abuse.
Extraordinary mental composure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only other batsman that may have been better wasn’t an Australian. He was South African. Graeme Pollock. Unfortunately for him apartheid destroyed his career. Before that he was destroying opposition teams at will. He was amazing. Barry Richards and Vivian Richards are the other two greats I loved watching.

The only other batsman that may have been better wasn’t an Australian. He was South African. Graeme Pollock. Unfortunately for him apartheid destroyed his career. Before that he was destroying opposition teams at will. He was amazing. Barry Richards and Vivian Richards are the other two greats I loved watching.
As a kid we had cricket matches against each other...I was GPollock...he was invincible!
South Africans destroyed Australia in that 4 test series over there...could not get that bastard GPollock out!

The Hayden centuries were at the Gabba.
Steve Smith's centuries at Edgbaston are among the greatest performances in sports history, in a hostile setting, against the odds.
We have played sports for 2,500 years, (originating in Greece, perfected in Rome) and Smith joins the great centurions in history.

Geez...wouldn't it be handy to have a decent leggie? Even a left arm orthodox

We just don’t produce spinners regularly. One every couple generations we produce a great. Just the Australian way and we haven’t adapted to the drop in pitch.

Mind you Lyon is pretty handy and people forget Steve Smith started off primarily as a lower order batter leg spinner

Remove this Banner Ad

Back