• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Couldn't see a thread for this, so was wondering now we have put big Ivan on our long term injury list I assume we are taking someone is the midseason draft.
Afl.com have us obviously interested in Durham.
What are people's thoughts? Without having seen anything of any games just going on the write up, and bio, I'd be looking at that Maher, just because I think we need to add to the mids and could be a smoky.

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
Couldn't see a thread for this, so was wondering now we have put big Ivan on our long term injury list I assume we are taking someone is the midseason draft.
Afl.com have us obviously interested in Durham.
What are people's thoughts? Without having seen anything of any games just going on the write up, and bio, I'd be looking at that Maher, just because I think we need to add to the mids and could be a smoky.
Durham doesn't excite me at all. Looks like a VFL player.

Feb 26, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
would be happy with any of schlong, freeman or callow. no guaranteed world beaters but decent potential/injury coverage. its the midseason draft and that's all you can ask for

newcombe looks good too but apparently opted for a 4 year contract and pretty sure that means he'd have something going on with the hawks cos he's a boxhill player, maybe will be sam mitchell's lil project when he takes over the hawks

also durham is my favourite vfl listed player for us but i don't think he'd be getting picked up but who knows, im selfish but if we don't take him i hope no one else does because i enjoy watching him at vfl level

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
would be happy with any of schlong, freeman or callow. no guaranteed world beaters but decent potential/injury coverage. its the midseason draft and that's all you can ask for

newcombe looks good too but apparently opted for a 4 year contract and pretty sure that means he'd have something going on with the hawks cos he's a boxhill player, maybe will be sam mitchell's lil project when he takes over the hawks

also durham is my favourite vfl listed player for us but i don't think he'd be getting picked up but who knows, im selfish but if we don't take him i hope no one else does because i enjoy watching him at vfl level
4y contract ,lol fmd hawthorn are the new GC

Feb 26, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
4y contract ,lol fmd hawthorn are the new GC

he looks alright, no different than drafting a player in the national draft and then extended their contract before they play a game

they're rebuilding and sam mitchell would have worked closely with him as the box hill coach and believes in his talents if it is hawthorn he made his 4 year deal for

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
So far I’ve seen us linked (in the media) to
Shlesong
Durham
Stengle.

Pies apparently keen on Stengle. Rated Cal Twomey as the most talented outside the AFL

Durham has been ok in the 2’s, rangey hb who has good pace.

Schlesong sounds a good fit particularly with Astbury struggling, ?? over Miller and Garth.

From the listed nominations (over 600) 2 of our VFL players Mcdonagh (rebounding hb ) and Nathan (tallish back) have nominated (along with Durham).

Get ready to be surprised I reckon we’ll use this opportunity to add the best talent rather than necessarily replacing Soldo with another tall

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Callow for me, simply for the reason he is a Tassie boy. Our best forwards have been Tassie boys. Blake Schlensog second choice as someone who couldnt make it at Geelong, but might make it at the Tige's with a great group around him to make him a great defender to fit with our premiership backmen.
It’s surprising that he wasn’t even rookied
Ok below average athleticism/speed/endurance but has footy smarts and can clunk them. Isn’t that what a rookie list is all about??
Is showing enough at SANFL level to get a chance, unless there’s some other issues

YeOldTiger

67-69-73-74-80-17-19-20
Jul 22, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Claremont Tigers, Glenelg Tigers

Posted this on our trade thread before realising this thread had opened up.

The Schong's pink hair obviously went down well with Scotty not ! lol Was delisted by Cats but has matured since apparently and going good with Sth Freo. 199cms

The other KPP worth a look seems to be Ash Johnson. Spring heeled and great rig. 193cms

Raak is a full back but at 192cms could be a little undersized and same goes for McLeod at 192cms and yet to fill out.

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
From AFL Draft Central 2020 guide

1622247546757.png

Oct 8, 2011
Hobart
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tasmania
Not against taking Mcdonagh .
He's ready too go straight away .
Beautiful kick ,looks like he enjoys the contest and moves well .
Has Egg covered in every way .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Averaging 22 touches across his 5 VFL games, majority of them kicks, and as you say he knows how to kick a football. The big question mark on him is his pace. Might get found out for this at AFL level.

TheGhostOfMaurice

If its not yellow and Black, then lick my sack..
Sep 17, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Seattle Seahawks, Paris St Germaine
Callow for me, simply for the reason he is a Tassie boy. Our best forwards have been Tassie boys. Blake Schlensog second choice as someone who couldnt make it at Geelong, but might make it at the Tige's with a great group around him to make him a great defender to fit with our premiership backmen.

I see a few of Jacks traits in him. Esp kicking style.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond

he looks alright, no different than drafting a player in the national draft and then extended their contract before they play a game

they're rebuilding and sam mitchell would have worked closely with him as the box hill coach and believes in his talents if it is hawthorn he made his 4 year deal for
That move is generally for r1 prodigious talents , unheard of for anyone else. Haw list management has been diabolical for several years now , this would be something they’d do

Back