Goldust

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 23, 2005
Chisholm, Minnesota
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Nashville Predators
Had no idea of this, but Tigers cult hero Justin Plapp is at Melbourne as coach of the Casey Demons.
Boy the hype around this bloke was huge at the time at Tigerland.
Only heightened after he kicked five in his second senior game, but it quickly fizzled.

ROOKIES Tim Smith and Corey Maynard have earned strong praise from Casey Demons coach Justin Plapp for their performances on the weekend.
Smith (21 disposals and two goals) and Maynard (28 touches) were among Casey’s best in its three-point win over Box Hill Hawks at Casey Fields on Saturday.
“I thought Tim Smith was a very good player. He really competed at an exceptional level,” Plapp told melbournefc.com.au.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was blitzing in the reserves and attracting a huge amount of interest. There was an article in The Age about him before he played a senior game.

Came on half-way through his first game and kicked 3. Played a full game next week and kicked 5. The next week was SOO and there was serious talk of him playing for the Allies (I think he was a Tassie boy). Could play.

Too short to be a KPF - too slow to be a small forward. We traded him to the Saints for a draft pick that turned out to be Scott Homewood (nope, me neither).

Still - he had a career and kicked 5 for the Tigers against Carlton, and 4 against the Pies. He's got some good Richmond history, right there.

One of the best blokes you could meet and unfortunately was at tigerland when richo was in full flight.
At the time would have walked in and been FF at most other sides.
Crikey that's a fair stretch , he completely struggled to sustain any kinda form at the level , played a handful of games at the saints, pretty sure in defense. If I recall he was suspended v the,pies after a run of games that seemed to jolt his momentum , a wack to tarrant I think who went down like a sack of spuds , barely touched him, got 3 weeks

One of the best blokes you could meet and unfortunately was at tigerland when richo was in full flight.
At the time would have walked in and been FF at most other sides.

He got a chance at the Saints and didn't. but he has coached in Tasmania I believe so might be another one of those successful coaches without the stellar playing career behind. Means he has to do harder yards.

this bloke had Tiger fans getting excited only to come down like one of his marks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back