Scandal Tigers duo in nightclub brawl

Remove this Banner Ad

If AFL was fair dinkun, Shai would be done for the season. Lieing to the authorities cant just be waived away as a non event
Where do you get lying to authorities from?
It was always understood that Shai got involved after Rioli was hit
Nothing in the statement is new it’s just that the AFL have committed to a stance that they can’t condone violence from its employees

So the Vic government spends money to promote anti sexual harassment against women on T.V.. but when people react to some drunk yobbo touching a women at bar the question we ask is why were footballers out at 2 AM ..?

Makes sense.

So Richmond and Bolton were bullshitting to us all. Who would have thought?

Hardly, the club said all along Bolton got involved after Rioli got punched.

Just the AFL wants to send a message by fining him whereas the club didn't.

Surely isn't that difficult to understand

So the Vic government spends money to promote anti sexual harassment against women on T.V.. but when people react to some drunk yobbo touching a women at bar the question we ask is why were footballers out at 2 AM ..?

Makes sense.
The only issue here is that violence is not an acceptable response to violence. Rioli is not punished for telling the drunk guy where to go, Bolton is punished for whacking the drunk guy in response to him hitting Rioli. And a third party stepping in is not self defence, it is assault.

So Bolton was supposed to watch the events unfold ? Wait for the violence to stop then see how the victims are ?

I would rather see him delisted for that.

Why should a team be punished for living in a COVID free state?

If SA had COVID but VIC didn't I guarantee the AFL would have let VIC teams train in groups.

The 2017 premiership has as big a asterisk as any. Early 2018 the Crows smashed Richmond at AO. Play that 2017 GF at AO as it rightfully should have and we know the result.

come on, don't make the rest of us look bad. We broke the covid training rules of the day and were fairly punished. And there's no * on the 2017 premiership, they smoked us by being able to run all day. We went in with a structure that played to their strengths. But by gum, we arrived with a truckload of continuity credits. We did win the cup for using least amount of players that year though. Arguably more important than anything handed out for performce on that specific day anyway. Bask in it, I know Pykie and his crew did.

It can’t have been to bad if no charges were laid. I’d have thought both guys (guy who hit Rioli, and also Bolten himself) would’ve committed a crime worthy of punishment by the law. If I did that I’d be charged I don’t see how these guys are getting off so lightly. Unless, it was simply not as bad as reported.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I hope if you ever react to someone touching your partner in this way, you get fired from your job. Or does this ‘logic’ only work because they play football and earn descent coin ...?

Ok

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Politically correct outcome wins the day. I'll still run with the Richmond version and look forward to Shai and Daniel's explanations when they're not beholden to the AFL machine.

So Bolton was supposed to watch the events unfold ? Wait for the violence to stop then see how the victims are ?

I would rather see him delisted for that.
Calling over security is the acceptable response. Physical violence is an instant ejection and sexual harassment can be a warning or instant ejection depending on severity.

Ok will do. If I ever see a women getting bashed I’ll personally do nothing and walk off to inform security/ring police.

Or if I’m out and my mate gets punched in the face, I’ll walk off and call some authority.

That’s the acceptable thing to do.

Calling over security is the acceptable response. Physical violence is an instant ejection and sexual harassment can be a warning or instant ejection depending on severity.
It's all good and well to say that, but in a packed night club by the time you find a security guard and bring them over through the sea of people on the dance floor your mate could be on the ground unconscious, or worse.

Hardly, the club said all along Bolton got involved after Rioli got punched.

Just the AFL wants to send a message by fining him whereas the club didn't.

Surely isn't that difficult to understand
Really?

The AFL has handed a Richmond star a massive fine after an after an investigation discovered a different version of events to the club’s verdict.

Richmond made out they the boys were "doing the right thing".
Doesn't seem to be the case now does it.

Seems really petty by Gil and The AFL to fine Bolton. He is already going to miss out on several match payments..

And they let De Goey keep playing without punishment despite him being charged/accused with a far more serious crime/misdemeanor.

AFL hypocrisy at its finest.

Really?

The AFL has handed a Richmond star a massive fine after an after an investigation discovered a different version of events to the club’s verdict.

Richmond made out they the boys were "doing the right thing".
Doesn't seem to be the case now does it.
What’s different? Just using different semantics.

Where do you get lying to authorities from?
It was always understood that Shai got involved after Rioli was hit
Nothing in the statement is new it’s just that the AFL have committed to a stance that they can’t condone violence from its employees
There is something new in the statement though.

Richmond were going on about the boys sticking up for their girlfriends and mates how it was almost badge of honour.
Now it's come out that Bolton made the situatiion worse which is entirely different from the spin they rolled out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back