Tigers fans obsession with Jack Riewoldt

Remove this Banner Ad

How many games did Judd wait for his first game??

One. Played in the WAFL, got something like 35 touches, 4-5 goals and about 12 tackles, which is still a record for his club (forget which club it was).

Richmond seem to be blooding some of the best talent seen so far this season.
This is Riewoldt's 1st game.
Edwards has only played a couple so far.
Players such as JON fromn last year's draft haven't come on as expected. I'd argue Foley is really the only player under 21 who's really lifted his game over the past few seasons.

Compare that to some other teams. Geelong have Hawkins and Selwood from this season's draft, with Travis Varcoe coming on from last season's. West Coast picked up Shannon Hurn with a late 1st rounder in last year's draft, and Mitch Brown has looked pretty good in his few games so far. Collingwood picked up Thomas and Pendlebury from last year's draft etc.

So I'd argue Richmond would be in the bottom half of the league when it comes to kids who have been blooded this season, but again it's JMHO. Selections like Meyer and Pattison (from the Ottens trade), haven't really paid dividends yet, and you can probably blame the recruiting (which is quite funny as Wallace wrote an article a few months back about the Dogs recruiting, and then talks about his recruiting manager), as Miller has one of his mates in charge and the Tigers would be in the bottom 1/4 of the league when it comes to spending on recruiting.

Just on Riewoldt, good luck to him. The Tigers actually have some good young key forwards in Schultz, Hughes and Riewoldt. Jack was touted as a top 10 pick, but then slipped as there were questions about his running style. He's not the quickest key forward going around, and he'll have to work on this aspect. Meant to be a very good pack mark though.

It is the media that are putting the pressure on Jack Riewoldt. The combination of him being Nicks cousin, being a first round pick and strong performances in the VFL has put him in the media's sights.
But however I get the impression the Jack has a very upbeat personality and the pressure won't affect him much.

lol None of that is true from what I, and a lot of other Tiger fans have seen at training, because we actually go and watch him, instead of relying on internet rumors.

Wasn't a top 10 pick, by the way.

Sorry pick 13.

I'm talking before he got drafted those were the reports I got.

I'm sure he has been good this year for Coburg. And has earnt his spot this week.

But first reports were that he was a bit of a smart arse, and didn't seem to want to put in the hard work it takes to become and stay an AFL footballer.

Sorry pick 13.

I'm talking before he got drafted those were the reports I got.

I'm sure he has been good this year for Coburg. And has earnt his spot this week.

But first reports were that he was a bit of a smart arse, and didn't seem to want to put in the hard work it takes to become and stay an AFL footballer.
May have been true, I don't realy know, but I know for a fact it certainly isn't any more.

Half right Alpha.

He's arrogant so a bit of smart arse about him. Never shuts up etc which isnt a bad thing.

He's been a top worker at training.

He wants to play.

Half right Alpha.

He's arrogant so a bit of smart arse about him. Never shuts up etc which isnt a bad thing.

He's been a top worker at training.

He wants to play.

Nothing wrong with being a bit of a smart arse :thumbsu:

We need some more players in the AFL that have a bit of a personality.

One. Played in the WAFL, got something like 35 touches, 4-5 goals and about 12 tackles, which is still a record for his club (forget which club it was).
How can you forget??? The mighty Royals of course. lol.

The funny thing is that right now were a bunch of nobody battlers. Abit like the Roos. But you put Judd in and we have a dynasty.

Dunno about him as an AFL footballer.

What is he? Not a KP, but not quick enough to trouble AFL quality medium defenders. Strong enough to have some sort of impact down the track, but I really don't see his position to be anything more than a good quality 3rd tall option.

What is he? Not a KP, but not quick enough to trouble AFL quality medium defenders. Strong enough to have some sort of impact down the track, but I really don't see his position to be anything more than a good quality 3rd tall option.

Nick is only 1cm bigger than him. Pace is a tiny worry, but I reckon he'll be fine.

When you are at the bottom of the table there isn't much more to hope for except the future. Cut the supporters some slack and let them enjoy a hopefully bright pickup.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nick is only 1cm bigger than him. Pace is a tiny worry, but I reckon he'll be fine.

Even then he runs 20m in 3.1 seconds so he's about average speed. Deledio is about 2.9secs I think so he's not slow.

Gets most of his possies through great anticipation (they say he's like a James Hird style of player trapped in a KPP's body). Anyone with a great footy brain doesn't need to be super fast, and height isn't a problem as I'm sure he will end up bigger than Nick anyway.

He is a lot more built than Nick was at the same age, and is currently just 1cm shorter. Also has the famous Riewoldt-style endurance of course :)

I've loved watching him play at Coburg all year, if AFL isn't too fast for him then he will be a top talent.

It must be said though, Riewoldt appears to be revelling in the spotlight. I don't think the pressure will be a problem for him.

Spot on. he's got a healthy ego the lad from Tassie.
As has been said Tiger fans will love him but opposition fans will hate him.:cool:

Least I hope so anyway..

well done northbhoy. you must be an absolute genius if you can deduce all that before he has even played a game.

Surely the Tom Hawkins hype has eclipsed anything that Jack has had.

Very much so...its also placed undue expectation on the performance of first game forwards.

Good forwards can take years to develop and usually look slow, nervous and fumbly in their first game...chances are tho that a regular first game from the bloke and he will now cop a bagging for it.

Dont see why the tiges fans shouldnt at least look fwd to seeing him on the paddock...just dont expect the world.

btw...tell Shultz he has 2 games to do ANYTHING or he gets delisted.

Even then he runs 20m in 3.1 seconds so he's about average speed. Deledio is about 2.9secs I think so he's not slow.

Gets most of his possies through great anticipation (they say he's like a James Hird style of player trapped in a KPP's body). Anyone with a great footy brain doesn't need to be super fast, and height isn't a problem as I'm sure he will end up bigger than Nick anyway.

He is a lot more built than Nick was at the same age, and is currently just 1cm shorter. Also has the famous Riewoldt-style endurance of course :)

I've loved watching him play at Coburg all year, if AFL isn't too fast for him then he will be a top talent.
As soon as I read "good football brain" I thought of big Lance. Please keep Jack away from Maccas!!

btw...tell Shultz he has 2 games to do ANYTHING or he gets delisted.
Agreed.Has spent his entire career in the shadows of Richo and has suffered because of it[along with injuries].Ironically the last time he was in the side when Richo was out was THAT game against Brisbane and kicked 6.
While i doubt anything less than 6 goals x2 over the next 2 weeks will see his future in doubt at Tigerland,What will do it is a repeat performance over the past 3 weeks.

In regards to Jack.Yes he lacks a yard but he,s a Footballer not an athlete.

They are desperate (Wallet and Miller) and to hype a kid up for his first game like this is smacks of putting their own egos and dash for cash from the Dream Time game in front of the development of a kid.
Ahhhhhh you cant help yourself.You really want to keep that footinmouth award dont you.

My feeling is he wont do much at all and a tonne of Hawthorn supporters and Morgoth will log into BigFooty and bag him. :p

Yep, because Hawthorn fans have been queing up to give the young fellow a serve here. :rolleyes:

Another quality post from Big Cox.

Pomposity personified. Never underestimated the capacity for West Coast tools like this to wedge ever higher up their own sphincters. Hypocritical beyond all imagination given the penchant for many West Coast tragics to wax lyrical about anything remotely related to the club as if it were a national treasure.

I expect Reiwoldt will be a strong addition to the Tiger forward set up.

I recall watching him playing for Tassie against Box Hill and his positioning and surety of hands impressed.

Its sad pathetic and unnecessary. Why put so much pressure on him for. At the present state Richmond are becoming worse then Hawks when placing unnecessary pressure on the younger blokes. I can only see this ending up with alot of disappointed people.

Check out the big cock slapping the poor pussies.

Bully.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back