Tigers know how to put on a show

Remove this Banner Ad

Cincinnatus

Club Legend
Mar 30, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
Brilliant use of noise, colour and boards at the G tonight. Richmond must love turning up to that every home game, especially when the going is good.

Love the boards showing players, slogans etc the graphics are beautifully made.

Jungle is a fantastic tune - I just wish it was even louder. Fantastic.

Obviously even the biggest Richmond haters have to smile at the 'Yellow and Black' call from tens of thousands.

Aside from getting towelled up, it was a great night. And, as a fellow Crows supporter or three displayed, even their song is easy to dance to.

One thing I dont like, or perhaps dont get, is the drums. I dont think they add anything at all, I dont understand their purpose.

But overall, 7/10 (as good as Ive seen in Aus) - sorry, I havent seen anything in Aus yet to compare to NBA/NHL.

What games have you been to at oppo grounds and thought they do things well pre-game?

Ok , sure, but it has zero to do with what this thread is about.
Whatever you say, Richmond must not have put on an entertaining second quarter must have been all in my head, because you know saying anything remotely positive about Richmond just triggers the poor Adelaide supporters so much

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whatever you say, Richmond must not have put on an entertaining second quarter must have been all in my head, because you know saying anything remotely positive about Richmond just triggers the poor Adelaide supporters so much

Can a Richmond fan please explain to him what this thread is about and why it doesnt involve how well Richmond (undeniably) play.

The threads about our off field stuff on gameday - the use of signage, music etc. We could’ve lost by 100 points and had no excitement whatsoever and the point of the thread would still stand

Can a Richmond fan please explain to him what this thread is about and why it doesnt involve how well Richmond (undeniably) play.
The thread is about Richmond knowing how to put on a show which I commentated that they did during the second quarter, but apparently this is trolling for the poor Adelaide supporters

The threads about our off field stuff on gameday - the use of signage, music etc. We could’ve lost by 100 points and had no excitement whatsoever and the point of the thread would still stand
And Richmond only added to the off field experience with how they played, the complete package

Brilliant use of noise, colour and boards at the G tonight. Richmond must love turning up to that every home game, especially when the going is good.

Obviously even the biggest Richmond haters have to smile at the 'Yellow and Black' call from tens of thousands.

Aside from getting towelled up, it was a great night. And, as a fellow Crows supporter or three displayed, even their song is easy to dance to.

One thing I dont like, or perhaps dont get, is the drums. I dont think they add anything at all, I dont understand their purpose.

But overall, 7/10 (as good as Ive seen in Aus) - sorry, I havent seen anything in Aus yet to compare to NBA/NHL.

What games have you been to at oppo grounds and thought they do things well pre-game?
Hw did you cope with that f'in tiger growl after every Richmond goal. Gave me a splitting headache in the first half of the Round 1 Carlton game and I had to leave. TURN DOWN THE VOLUME MCG YOU FLOGS!

Back on topic, to contrast tonight with the Saints game earlier - the best they could come up with from memory was asking the crowd to put on their halos. Which i think is fine if you have a willing crowd but we couldnt see many on....thats the sort of stuff that looks great when the team is great and cringy when you aint.

I was there tonight also. I liked the fact that the "crowd engagement" bs was relatively minimal for modern footy. It's ******* disgusting at Optus for Freo games you can't even hear yourself think. Pop music at ten thousand decibels and some peanut screaming into the mic non stop at every break.

And Richmond only added to the off field experience with how they played, the complete package
Yes, I do agree, but that’s not quite the point of the thread.
Our off field stuff is great because if opposition and neutral fans enjoy the experience of our home games, they are more likely to come again. Us playing football like that is great for our supporters, but I’m sure the Adelaide supporters at the ground didn’t get anywhere near the amount of satisfaction we got from it.

I'm genuinely disappointed for the Crows this year Cincinnatus, and was hoping that if the Tigers weren't in the hunt that it would be Adelaide to win the premiership. The Crows supporters after last years grand final were pure class, and were very magnanimous having beers at the MCG after that game. I know where there's life there's hope, but it'd be a very optimistic Crow fan that would have them finding a rich enough vein of form over the last 2-3 months to get them a flag in 2018. Their supporters are good value and definitely deserved better.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back