News Tigers partner with WWF Australia to help save wild Tigers from extinction

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but just imagine how distressing it would be for our fans if our mascot became extinct.

Like the GWS Giants.....

.... or Port Adelaide ( in fact all of South Australian) Power!

Yeah but just imagine how distressing it would be for our fans if our mascot became extinct.

Like the GWS Giants.....

Then there's the irony of roos being in plague proportions australia wide except the lolnorf membership register

Like the GWS Giants.....

Some think that Saints are real, and while that seems doubtful, every Richmond supporter who has dealt with the past 30 odd years knows beyond any doubt Demons are all too real.

In a world that's gone to s**t in many ways, where greed and self serving deeds are lionised daily, it's good to see my club make a stand and lend their weight to something tangible like this. When I was a very little kid my nana used to read me a book about a tiger. Later when I knew what footy was and chose my team, there was only one choice. To many people this actually means something and the club should be commended for its work in indigenous areas and other areas that can benefit from the corporate profile of the BIGGEST SPORTING CLUB IN THE COUNTRY.

Tigers are the biggest of the big cats. Truly kings of the jungle. They're the only cats that love water and they are unique in their striking appearance, powerful attributes and physical prowess. But they are rare and endangered. RFC will help in raising awareness to keep this amazing animal alive, growing in population and above all free.

Last edited:
Some think that Saints are real, and while that seems doubtful, every Richmond supporter who has dealt with the past 30 odd years knows beyond any doubt Demons are all too real.
upload_2018-8-16_16-36-13.jpeg

Townsville , the saint lives

So tired of our well run, professional, hoity toity, la de dah, caring is sharing football club pushing agendas down our throats and winning endless awards and games of football while doing it over the last 18 months!

Take me back to the knuckle dragging bad old days when we couldn’t pay the light bill or win a game to save ourselves and we stayed out of saving wildlife and embracing our indigenous culture! :drunk:

But seriously, how effing good is our football club? :rainbow:

F3B75676-0056-4513-BE11-636DE966DF92.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a world that's gone to s**t in many ways, where greed and self serving deeds are lionised daily, it's good to see my club make a stand and lend their weight to something tangible like this. When I was a very little kid my nana used to read me a book about a tiger. Later when I knew what footy was and chose my team, there was only one choice. To many people this actually means something and the club should be commended for its work in indigenous areas and other areas that can benefit from the corporate profile of the BIGGEST SPORTING CLUB IN THE COUNTRY.

Tigers are the biggest of the big cats. Truly kings of the jungle. They're the only cats that love water and they are unique in their striking appearance, powerful attributes and physical prowess. But they are rare and endangered. RFC will help in raising awareness to keep this amazing animal alive, growing in population and above all free.

Well said mate

******* poachers stupid campaigners , and those scum that go game hunting shooting , weak as piss .

I’d love to go game hunting. Poacher game hunting. Weak as ******* piss these campaigners

Great News! The tiger emblem has imo been one of the main reasons that our numbers have been so huge despite many lean years. It's the reason I chose Richmond as a club when I was a child, my parents having emigrated from continental Europe. To be publicly invested in Tigers conservation is a no brainer. However one further suggestion. As members of both the Richmond Football Club and the Melbourne Zoo my family has long thought that Richmond should have some involvement with the zoos Tiger exhibit be it's sponsorship or something like the WWF. What I'm saying it would be fantastic if there was some kind of plaque or board there with the RFC logo recognising the clubs financial and moral support.

Almost 1.4 million people visit the zoo each year with 85 percent of the visitors originating from metropolitan and regional Victoria. The Tiger exhibit is easily one of the most popular there and the opportunity to promote the Tiger brand to countless hundreds of thousands of impressionable children is gold. Frankly it gives Richmond an almost unfair advantage over it's rivals. Hopefully this might be the next step in making Tiger conservation and the RFC synonymous in the public mind. The payoff is just too good to ignore.

My wife is mad at me because I wrote a letter to the RFC urging them to do something like this years ago, but I never sent it. I'm just happy it's happening. I actually intended to send the letter to about 12 clubs around the world which have the Tiger as their mascot. Do that now, Richmond.

Would like to see some sort of optional donation of $5 or more attached to every membership. Obviously not mandatory but there wouldn't be too many of the 100k that wouldn't tip in a Stewie Diver to that cause.

Imagine the difference we could make.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back