Tigers ready to reclaim the throne

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Really hope Dusty is named captain. If there is one thing that can make our beloved freak go up another notch, it’s the responsibility of putting the team on his back and lifting them. Will be a new challenge for him and reckon he would obliterate it. Especially if Dusty plans to play into his mid-30s he’d be a good choice with a few years yet to go
No.

He'd despise all the off field media stuff. Let him keep winning games and training and not have to worry about fronting up to the cameras every second week at a press conference.

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Our young midfielders look very promising. But we have to draft some key talls again. We need another young Reiwolt who is ready for afl within 2 years. Coleman Jones leaving is a real setback to our forward line when Jack retires. Amess sounds like the player we should be taking. We could play Balta forward but he might not be a natural goal kicker

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Our young midfielders look very promising. But we have to draft some key talls again. We need another young Reiwolt who is ready for afl within 2 years. Coleman Jones leaving is a real setback to our forward line when Jack retires. Amess sounds like the player we should be taking. We could play Balta forward but he might not be a natural goal kicker
Agree I think if Amiss is there at 7, and there's no clear better player that slid, we'd have to think hard about taking him.

TBH if Callaghan is the first live pick of the draft at 2, then one of Gibcus, Ward, Hobbs, Erasmus, Amiss should be there at 7.

I'd be happy with any of those.

Apr 27, 2014
The Funny Farm Lakes Entrance
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Fanboi Farters
Our picks and trades are the key just like at the end of 2016. Our current list isn’t good enough and needs boosting with at least half a dozen new faces. Three ready made players would be nice with three decent kids. I think our current crop of kids aren’t good enough and the article is pumping up plodders.
Soldo I agree with will be our best recruit and Nakkers will be a bigger weapon with him around. I want to believe that the sword will be mightier than the pen after reading that article.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Its impossible to tip what exactly what will happen to the team & club. IF Dusty returns to good form, IF Prestia & Lambert can stay fit, IF they can find some hunger we should make finals. The depth is not quite there IMO.
BUT new coaches and a year to analyse new rules, a good draft hand ~ which could see a player or 2 step right into the 22, add in crowds again. Could be what we needed.

I have no doubt the group will be very very hungry.
Certainly we were gassed this season and had an unfortunate run of injuries at unfortunate times.

Reckon the group feels they ‘left one on the table’ in 2021

For the first time in a few years I am really really looking forward to the draft and excited for the pre-season.

Good times Tigers!

chriso11

Premiership Player
Aug 18, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Richmond
No.

He'd despise all the off field media stuff. Let him keep winning games and training and not have to worry about fronting up to the cameras every second week at a press conference.
He just wouldn’t front the press, he’d captain his way. That is a small and in my view not priority part of the job.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
He just wouldn’t front the press, he’d captain his way. That is a small and in my view not priority part of the job.
It is part of the modern job though, the captain is a big part of the face of the club that represents the players.

If he's not going to do that stuff, why does he need to be captain? He can still lead, inspire, mentor, guide, set standards, and be the spiritual leader without the formal captaincy/function/media stuff required for the role.
Don't need to be the captain to lead.
It'd just create more pressure and media attention on him, and as the captain, there's no avoiding that. Not necessarily good things coming back from an injury.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
It is part of the modern job though, the captain is a big part of the face of the club that represents the players.

If he's not going to do that stuff, why does he need to be captain? He can still lead, inspire, mentor, guide, set standards, and be the spiritual leader without the formal captaincy/function/media stuff required for the role.
Don't need to be the captain to lead.
It'd just create more pressure and media attention on him, and as the captain, there's no avoiding that. Not necessarily good things coming back from an injury.
It has been well established Martin needs to have a big goals. He has achieved everything as a player. He has become more comfortable in the last couple of years with the media, and the club can certainly control how often and which media he does. No problem when you have Jack there hovering itching to get in front of the cameras.

I agree he 'can' lead not being the captain, but I like how the club doesn't do
co-captains, and he, I think, woukd thrive in the role. I want him 80% on ball next season as captain.

My campaign continues....

MAKE DUSTY CAPT!

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
Our biggest recruit will be ... THE TIGER ARMY! Don't discount how much our pressure game ramps up with the noise of the crowd.

Our second biggest recruit will be .... our rucks. People often under rate Soldo because he is not a match winner compared to Dusty, Jack Bolton etc but it is the effect he has on the team that makes him so crucial. He creates play, feeds our stars and nullifies the oppositions midfielders. He provides a target and gives Nank a chance to work around the ground. On his own he's an average player but as a cog in the machine, he makes all the most important parts turn like clockwork.

Our third biggest recruit is ... our stars. Dusty, Cotch, Jack, Lynch, Edwards, Lambert and Balta are hurting from last year after being handicapped from injury. They are desperate to regain the respect and accolades they fought so hard to take in the past. Don't ever under rate pride and our stars will incredibly eager to regain the thrown in 2022.

Our fourth biggest recruit is ... Tarrant. The previous North Melbourne full back, wants success before his career is over. Playing for a laughable and irrelevant club such as the Kangaroos means you are perpetually under rated. I think he will show just how good he is slipping into Astbury's shoes.

Our fifth biggest recruit is .... our existing depth players. Stack, RCD, Ross, Ralphsmith, Martyn and co will never be more motivated to prove themselves to our coaches. They know we are about to bring in a group of hungry, talented draftees who could easily skip past them in the pecking order over the preseason so they know its now or never. This VFL season will never be more hotly contested and will be great for all our second tier players development and our clubs future.

Given all of this, the demise of our great club is definitely premature. Time to clear a space on your wall for the next premiership poster!

4tune8

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 31, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Our biggest recruit will be ... THE TIGER ARMY! Don't discount how much our pressure game ramps up with the noise of the crowd.

Our second biggest recruit will be .... our rucks. People often under rate Soldo because he is not a match winner compared to Dusty, Jack Bolton etc but it is the effect he has on the team that makes him so crucial. He creates play, feeds our stars and nullifies the oppositions midfielders. He provides a target and gives Nank a chance to work around the ground. On his own he's an average player but as a cog in the machine, he makes all the most important parts turn like clockwork.

Our third biggest recruit is ... our stars. Dusty, Cotch, Jack, Lynch, Edwards, Lambert and Balta are hurting from last year after being handicapped from injury. They are desperate to regain the respect and accolades they fought so hard to take in the past. Don't ever under rate pride and our stars will incredibly eager to regain the thrown in 2022.

Our fourth biggest recruit is ... Tarrant. The previous North Melbourne full back, wants success before his career is over. Playing for a laughable and irrelevant club such as the Kangaroos means you are perpetually under rated. I think he will show just how good he is slipping into Astbury's shoes.

Our fifth biggest recruit is .... our existing depth players. Stack, RCD, Ross, Ralphsmith, Martyn and co will never be more motivated to prove themselves to our coaches. They know we are about to bring in a group of hungry, talented draftees who could easily skip past them in the pecking order over the preseason so they know its now or never. This VFL season will never be more hotly contested and will be great for all our second tier players development and our clubs future.

Given all of this, the demise of our great club is definitely premature. Time to clear a space on your wall for the next premiership poster!
Nicely put together :moustache:

But don't forget our other '3rd best recruits'

Vlaustuin missed 10 games
Broad missed......8 games
Houli missed.......9 games (I know he's not a recruit but Rioli and Stack effectively are)
Prestia missed.....14 games

Oh, and I don't know where you'd slot this one, but David Teague is a worthy recruit

Remove this Banner Ad

Back