Tigers supporters booing Hird

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
koc#41 said:
I think bojangles is not in tune with the bigger picture, and that is that Essendon do not belong down the bottom of the ladder, and come next year will not be down the bottom of the ladder, while his beloved Richmond will be down the bottom.

!
...hahaha Kock...how did you go on improving on last years miserable performace, a couple more cluster f#$@ at the draft table and here goes a stirring battle for the wooden spoon....bounce back next year huh....and Im double dating the barbie twins next week...:p

SweetLeftFoot

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 16, 2005
True centre half forward
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hibees
Neutral_observer said:
I dont blame them

Hird is a fairy, and has been getting charity free kicks for as long as I can remember

Yep, its one of things where we are expected to idolise him even though he really isn't all he's cracked up to be.

If he looked like Cam Ling, instead of every suburban Mum's wet dream, he'd be remembered for what he is - a very good players, ntohing more.

Macpie

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Jul 11, 2001
Beyond Melbourne
Other Teams
MIGHTY PIES
SweetLeftFoot said:
Yep, its one of things where we are expected to idolise him even though he really isn't all he's cracked up to be.

If he looked like Cam Ling, instead of every suburban Mum's wet dream, he'd be remembered for what he is - a very good players, ntohing more.
been trying to say that for years but they won't have it - he has sunbeams emanating from his O-ring as far as his fans are concerned.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
koc#41 said:
Sad thing for him is that we will actually get something out of this season....a top 5 pick...richmond again will finish 9th and get ***** all from the draft, and be back down in the bottom 4 next season where they belong
Well off the mark, the first 8-10 players in the draft this year are all that strong that even finishing 9th, we'll still get one of these top players. Of all years, this is the year that playing well will not punish you heavily on missing one of the cream of the crop kids. We finished 12th last year and got Pick 8, this year without the priority picks before the draft we'll finish 9th or 10th and still get Pick 7 or 8 in a much stronger talent pool.

No chance Richmond will be bottom 4 next year, Essendon will be contending for another spoon though

Sep 9, 2000
Adelaide
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Glenelg, Redbacks, Lakers
Macpie said:
been trying to say that for years but they won't have it - he has sunbeams emanating from his O-ring as far as his fans are concerned.

Wha's that make Buckley then? Hird>Buckley.
If Hird was playing for Collingwood, he would be one of the greatest ever in your eyes.

koc#41

Team Captain
May 1, 2006
AFL Club
Essendon
Infamy said:
Well off the mark, the first 8-10 players in the draft this year are all that strong that even finishing 9th, we'll still get one of these top players. Of all years, this is the year that playing well will not punish you heavily on missing one of the cream of the crop kids. We finished 12th last year and got Pick 8, this year without the priority picks before the draft we'll finish 9th or 10th and still get Pick 7 or 8 in a much stronger talent pool.

No chance Richmond will be bottom 4 next year, Essendon will be contending for another spoon though

kidding yourself about essendon contesting another spoon, they are a good side having a poor year,.... not only do we get a top 3 pick, but we get matthew lloyd back, and possibly get aker(thats all the talk at the minute)

Polo_14

Club Legend
Suspended
Jun 12, 2006
AFL Club
Richmond
Loco_Pie said:
Didn't say he couldn't play, who knows how many goals he would have kicked by now in a decent team?,But, It's all me,me,me with Richo, he is a selfish, tantrum throwing sook.............and not in Hirdy's league.........by a loooooong way.
Bemused by Hirdy's brilliance......Amused by Richo's petulence.
No need to sign off your post with your real name, your username is fine.:D

Apart from being a champion footballer hes also a ripping individual.

Nothing wrong with showing some passion.

Jun 4, 2005
Putney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
BlacK'n'ReD said:
After round 21, 2005
http://stats.afl.com.au/public/statistics/ladders/2005/21/ladders_21_2005.shtml

Same situation as us, and, with the inclusion of a few players, can come good next season. Can't deny it buddy, you're going to have to get over your obsession with the Dons.
Collingwood had 5 wins on the board after rnd 14 in 2005, then proceeded to shut up shop to take advantage of the draft system

Essendon had 1 win on the board at this stage, and wont receive the same type of assistance even tho they are pathetic

but yeah dons sure things for top8 next year

mantis

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Mar 9, 2001
Away from redneck country
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers
koc#41 said:
kidding yourself about essendon contesting another spoon, they are a good side having a poor year,.... not only do we get a top 3 pick, but we get matthew lloyd back, and possibly get aker(thats all the talk at the minute)

Don't worry about this knob, he knows nothing. all his posts are made up crap.

1. They beat the Bombers, even though Bombers had 6-700 more games experience - WRONG

2. Hird only got booed, after constantly getting soft free kicks - WRONG

SweetLeftFoot

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 16, 2005
True centre half forward
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hibees
Macpie said:

I used to love it when they'd boo Carey. I'd just yell at the booers - 'You'd have him in flash if you had a chance' - to which no booer ever disagreed.

mantis

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Mar 9, 2001
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers
SweetLeftFoot said:
I used to love it when they'd boo Carey. I'd just yell at the booers - 'You'd have him in flash if you had a chance' - to which no booer ever disagreed.

So, you are saying that the Roos would have Hird in a flash, well maybe not now, but say two years ago?

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
koc#41 said:
If you think 2 over the hill players are the answer to the Bombers problems then you really are delusional.
Essendon are not a good side having a bad year, they are a once great team on a very long journey of rebuilding. I can only hope the brainstrust over rates the list as much as the supporters do so that they attempt the quick fix and it only prolongs your misery.

mantis

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Mar 9, 2001
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers
Infamy said:
If you think 2 over the hill players are the answer to the Bombers problems then you really are delusional.
Essendon are not a good side having a bad year, they are a once great team on a very long journey of rebuilding. I can only hope the brainstrust over rates the list as much as the supporters do so that they attempt the quick fix and it only prolongs your misery.

Like you would have any idea about anything.

Notice you failed to respond about your two bullshyte comments, not surprised though. :rolleyes:

Aug 12, 2006
Flinders St. Station
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Inter, Melb City, Chicago Bulls
Infamy said:
Mate, take a look at your own team. Your misery has been prolonged now for a loooong time, it aint going away either.

Apr 6, 2005
La Côte d'Azur
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC
th_77607_SHEEDS_122_316lo.jpg

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
mantis said:
Like you would have any idea about anything.

Notice you failed to respond about your two bullshyte comments, not surprised though. :rolleyes:
I was at the game and thought I saw Hird get more than one free kick, that was the only reason he got booed. Perhaps the stats man paid the mark to Hird that resulted in a goal.

I quoted a stat that was given in the media during the week, the quote was actually accurate except I didn't know you'd lost 600 games experience in your outs because I don't care enough to pay attention to your team.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
BlacK'n'ReD said:
Mate, take a look at your own team. Your misery has been prolonged now for a loooong time, it aint going away either.
My team is travelling along fine and trust me, I'm having a good look
The fact that we've beaten you 3 times in a row now would perhaps suggest that we're improving. Just like you think a top 8 spot is owed to Essendon, you think we are owed a bottom 4 spot, it doesn't work like that, you just need to open that one eye of yours.

mantis

Hall of Famer
30k Posts 10k Posts
Mar 9, 2001
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers
Infamy said:
I was at the game and thought I saw Hird get more than one free kick, that was the only reason he got booed. Perhaps the stats man paid the mark to Hird that resulted in a goal.

I quoted a stat that was given in the media during the week, the quote was actually accurate except I didn't know you'd lost 600 games experience in your outs because I don't care enough to pay attention to your team.

You were at the game, yet you thought you saw Hird get more than one free kick, OH dear, you are sadder than I thought.

You quoted a comment by your coach, who was going on our team the previous week, which makes him look like an amateur coach, that he wasn't looking at the team that he was playing this week, sad, sad, team, no wonder you are always ninth, your coach doesn't have a clue.

Oct 7, 2003
melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
"Yellow & Black"
bringbackschwarter5 said:
Well, it just shows how feral and uneducated Richmond supporters are. Bloody disgraceful

I'd say it probably had to do a little with the softest free kick in history being given to him wouldn't you? A vintage acting display by hird. That said, he's an out and out champion and ive said this on many occasions. You needed to be where I was sitting to see the best example of feral bummber fans.

Back