French Tiger

Premiership Player
Oct 4, 2004
Albury
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa ,Goldern State
Normally the Tigers are pretty active in trade week,but now that Miller has gone what are peoples thoughts on what the Tigers might do?

warnock............. tigers will be keen , but not at 4 years + 1.4 mill
cousins.............. if he falls through in the psd they will seriously consider
ROK.................... dont think he is the type of player we need atm
kerr................... hope not 2 first rounders are over the odds imo
kosi.................... only if a suitable player trade

needs will be a ruckman, kpf.

Not really sure i think the tigers have one of the most exciting young lists. their midfield will be amazing delideo,foley,cotchin,white then they hav good young defenders thursfield,moore,raines,newman,mcmhaon and forwardline richo brown, riewoldt,morton. Maybe some more forwards would be handy

Not really sure i think the tigers have one of the most exciting young lists. their midfield will be amazing delideo,foley,cotchin,white then they hav good young defenders thursfield,moore,raines,newman,mcmhaon and forwardline richo brown, riewoldt,morton. Maybe some more forwards would be handy

Pretty much.

The issues are more looking forward...Richo and Simmonds are both getting on with no obvious standout replacements, so if a good KF/Ruck was available, we'd have to have a look, but the need isn't so immediate that we have to pay over the odds for them.

The other older players should all be replaced from within our current list.

Apart from that, more talent is always welcome... If the price is right.

More Morton trades and less McMahon trades. That trade was a trade when you're topping up for a flag, not when you're building towards one.

Oh and no landing of giant players for first and second round picks. The days of Johnson and Stafford are over.

Unless we can steal a class player from somewhere we should quiety go into trade week trying to upgrade our second pick and preparing to get some more kids in.

The rebuilding is not over people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you are keen on a ruckman you should have a crack at Simon Taylor at Hawthorn. With Campbell and Renouf being preferred and Bailey and a rookie ruck (McEntee I think) in the wings he may seek more opportunity elsewhere.

Would be worth a mid 2nd rounder in this draft I would think.

a) would you trade your 2nd pick (26) for him; and
b) would Hawthorn accept that?

i would just like to do a player trade for a ruckman. Im happy with Angus Grahams progress and Putty just needs time and development.

Dont want to use Picks 8 and 26 on tall KPP or Ruckman. No Vickery. No McKernan. No Trengove, No Redden. NO NO NO!

If theres a good tall at pick 42 then maybe.

This allows us to use our ND picks on the most crucial area in the modern game, MIDFIELDERS of which there are some potential beauties!

Another option is to trade a player for another second rounder. hmmmm who will it be?

Schulz?

Why isn't this in the Richmond Board?

I'm sure there are many threads relating to this question on the Richmond board. Maybe the OP wanted opinions from posters outside of Richmond.

Coming from an outsiders perspective this is what I think the Tigers need,
roughly in this order.

1 Ruckman - Simmonds is starting to age and there seems to be a lack of depth in this position.

2 Key Forward(s) - The likes of Richo and Brown are starting to age, it would be good to have some more options up forward.

1 Inside Midfielder - Basically a player that is an in and under ball getter, this will help complement the Foley, Tambling and Cotchin's in your team. (A Simon Black clone would be good).

I'm sure there are many threads relating to this question on the Richmond board. Maybe the OP wanted opinions from posters outside of Richmond.

Coming from an outsiders perspective this is what I think the Tigers need,
roughly in this order.

1 Ruckman - Simmonds is starting to age and there seems to be a lack of depth in this position.

2 Key Forward(s) - The likes of Richo and Brown are starting to age, it would be good to have some more options up forward.

1 Inside Midfielder - Basically a player that is an in and under ball getter, this will help complement the Foley, Tambling and Cotchin's in your team. (A Simon Black clone would be good).

well spotted there chappy! (insert golf claps emoticon)

Pick 1 Ziebell>Sidebottom>Blease
Pick 2 Okeeffe>Robinson>Broadbent
Pick 3 Tall

Rookie mainly Ruck/KPP

PSD Ruckman

All these players above in picks 1 and 2 are equally at home down back or up front and can offer more than just a midfield presence especially the taller ones.

If we get Ziebell and OKeeffe with our first two picks i would be over the moon!!!

Would also like a small forward even though Collard and Morton are shaping up well but i think this is not a major worry as we can get one next year if we have to.

but we must do a player trade if any of this is to eventuate.

If you are keen on a ruckman you should have a crack at Simon Taylor at Hawthorn. With Campbell and Renouf being preferred and Bailey and a rookie ruck (McEntee I think) in the wings he may seek more opportunity elsewhere.

Would be worth a mid 2nd rounder in this draft I would think.

a) would you trade your 2nd pick (26) for him; and
b) would Hawthorn accept that?

Spot on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back