Game Day Tigers v Blues Rd1 at the G

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toranto excellent, Hopper needs to work into the season after injury last year. Mancell not looking the answer but the obvious replacement in Ross didn’t instill confidence,
Ross plays wing/mid. Clarke next in line?
On TV I couldn't tell who Mansell was on. Did he do anything defensive.
Dimma saying Cumberland needs to work on a few things.
It's a toss up between getting some scoreboard pressure from our tendency to have the ball in our fwd 50.
I loved Mansell as a defender.

I think Ross is better than a VFL player but we may need to inject highly skilled players such as Clarke and Sonsie sooner than later.
Again coming off some injury in the preseason. I was a bit surprised to see Ross named. He didn't find the pace of the game. Given we'd named picket and Graham. Why not Clarke or Dow? Reward good preseason form.

Both played well. Graham especially. Very pleased as I am harsh on him. Was Cotch playing fwd?

Haven't read much of this so might be repeating but,
Bolton needs to stick his head over the ball sometimes rather than stick a hand in a la Prestia. One effort in the middle of the ground was Hollywood stuff.

Thought Miller was pretty lively in the ruck, won some tap-outs even against De Koning, but looked good on the deck and added good pressure. And good backup in the backline.

Nankervis may not be the best ruckman but he is a lion heart at ground level. His follow up tackling and getting hands on the ball would be the best in the AFL. Massive part of our clearance work last night.

We looked a bit one paced around the ball. Would love to see Dow come on but that may never happen. Pickett adds pace and class so he will get better.

Very average game to watch, most of the game was played in our forward half where all Carlton's players spent most of the game. The flood is well and truly back.

Happy for a draw after falling behind, thought we were the better side, but inability to hit passes really hurt us. That will improve as the season goes.

Dusty looked very sharp.

Was anyone at the VFL game on punt road before?

Does anyone know who number 46 for Carlton was? And I think number 11 up forward was Harry Lemney? They were both monsters.

Again coming off some injury in the preseason. I was a bit surprised to see Ross named. He didn't find the pace of the game. Given we'd named picket and Graham. Why not Clarke or Dow? Reward good preseason form.

Both played well. Graham especially. Very pleased as I am harsh on him. Was Cotch playing fwd?
I think we needed that extra leg speed late in the game. Clarke has been in good form , has speed and elite foot skills. Coming into the game when some of the physicality has gone out of it and players have heavy legs, he would have been a better option than Ross.

It didn’t make sense balance wise either. Prestia, Cotch, Dusty, Hopper, Taranto is plenty of grunt. You need to compliment that with some outside speed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back