Game Day Tigers vs Crows -revenge is a dish best served at another time... probably.

Remove this Banner Ad

I have been of the belief there are way to many crybabies on this team---that went out of their way to offer excuses for poor play over the better part of a month. They found a scapegoat and they used it to the hilt.

That scapegoat was eliminated over 2 weeks ago. In that time these same players have managed to put up 7 more atrocious quarters in 8 total.

I stand by my belief that there is now a need to remove a lot of complainers.

I won't apologize for it--and I have consistently stated since the whining started that the players were being excused by a good majority of media and fans.

The results speak for themselves.
I don’t disagree that many positions need assessing. But to personally vilify a player like some in here do is disgraceful. Hampton had a very poor game and absolutely should be dropped and probably delisted ... but to turn on him and call him a soft**** and ******* useless w***er it just not called for. I think you are under-estimating the impact these ever mounting injuries had on our season. And while the camp obviously had some issues, it isn’t the real reason we’ve fallen in a heap. Our lack of fitness and our excruciatingly bad high performance unit are the number one reason for where we are today.

Side needs a clean out.
Hartigan, Kelly, Poholke, Jenkins, Hampton, Tex, Sauce, Douglas all need to be phased out over the next year.
Let Sloane and McGovern go.

Find a way to get Lukosius, Rankine and Rozee.

Rebuild around Lukosius, Rankine, Fogarty, Doedee, Laird, Rozee, Milera, M.Crouch, B.Crouch, Greenwood, Seedsman, Smith, Galluci, Knight, McPherson

I think this is right also - good post. Locking a slowing Lynch in for 3 years shows how we’ll play it though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It takes a special type of person to come back from being totally mentally broken without proper help. We were never going to have 40 of them.

If they were mentally broken they need to sue the club and those responsible for it.

Surely the families that were so concerned can step up to the plate.

I don’t disagree that many positions need assessing. But to personally vilify a player like some in here do is disgraceful. Hampton had a very poor game and absolutely should be dropped and probably delisted ... but to turn on him and call him a soft**** and ******* useless w***er it just not called for. I think you are under-estimating the impact these ever mounting injuries had on our season. And while the camp obviously had some issues, it isn’t the real reason we’ve fallen in a heap. Our lack of fitness and our excruciatingly bad high performance unit are the number one reason for where we are today.

I agree the injuries didn't help---but this team was to talented to lose to Freemantle and impload against Essendon to name 2 games off the top of my head. I agree the camp was never the real issue---it was an excuse security blanket.

Yes, no need to single out players...but there are some that need to be removed in the offseason.

If they were mentally broken they need to sue the club and those responsible for it.

Surely the families that were so concerned can step up to the plate.
The players learned two things from the Grand Final. They are a Dangerfield type player short of challenging on Grand Final day and that the coach doesn't have any answers when faced with an effective game plan.

Gibbs has been a failure. Went one year too late with that acquisition.

Wouldn't have made a scrap of difference if we got him last year, we couldn't finish any higher than we did and he would have made little to no difference on GF day.

This year is over now. I’m not worried about the remaining 7 games. We will win some. We will lose more but we need to focus on what the team and style of play we will have in round 1 next year.

Round 1 is the key now. If we serve up rubbish like that, we are in trouble.

It’d be detrimental to win another game from here on in. Play all the kids and tank, tank, tank.

The players learned two things from the Grand Final. They are a Dangerfield player short of challenging on Grand Final day and that the coach doesn't have any answers when faced with an effective game plan.

Naaaw...same team that poleaxed Richmond earlier in the season in 2017 and won at home earlier this season.

I don't buy it

He has had about 2 years worth of foot problems.
The knee doesn't help but the foot issues have been his main problem recently.
Yet he was still leading many important categories in the comp last year and had a good season.

Then Burton and Haas wreck much of the squad this year and Tex was one of them.
Then the team is playing garbage, no surprise a forward is struggling and then their confidence goes down with that as well.

Now people just say Tex has been s**t for years now. Unbelievable.

Well the knee bones connected to the foot bone. What ever has made him treacle slow for the last 3 years has pretty much ****ed his usefulness on a consistent basis. He seems to pop up for a few goals occasionally but can’t get to many contests unless the ball drops on his head.
He just seems to be declining fast, unfortunately. He’s not in a position to influence a game when we’re losing which is often so I think we need a more appropriate player as captain next year.

We looked like we had lead in our socks. Our fitness staff have f***** our season.
Yes, the late start to the preseason which caused players coming back in less optimal shape, then it was playing catch up all season to get into fitness, was this the cause of the hamstring issue???? Then once we seem to have this under control, bad luck with high impact injuries to key players happen at the wrong time and now the players are physically and mentally cooked as finals are slipping away.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Naaaw...same team that poleaxed Richmond earlier in the season in 2017 and won at home earlier this season.

I don't buy it

Richmond don't travel well, which explains the gulf in difference between their performances. Fortunately for them they don't have to travel very often and the GF is super glued to the MCG.

Barring a monumental upset I don't see anyone else winning the flag this year.

Richmond don't travel well, which explains the gulf in difference between their performances. Fortunately for them they don't have to travel very often and the GF is super glued to the MCG.

Barring a monumental upset I don't see anyone else winning the flag this year.

I don't think there was a 50 plus point difference in talent between our club and theirs in the GF.

First quarter of that game tells me otherwise.

They may win this year but it's not a done deal.

Yes, the late start to the preseason which caused players coming back in less optimal shape, then it was playing catch up all season to get into fitness, was this the cause of the hamstring issue???? Then once we seem to have this under control, bad luck with high impact injuries to key players happen at the wrong time and now the players are physically and mentally cooked as finals are slipping away.

I don't buy any of the modified preseason excuses from Burton and co.

Look at Richmond this year and Hawthorn previously they have had no problems at all following up after a grand final and being in tip top shape. The problem is the fitness staff and their flawed program rather than the players or "short" preseasons.

As Sloane just said we were beaten around the ball. Why do we keep rolling with the same shxt? Please get rid of guys like Campo who have nothing to add nothing to add to the playing group we have. For fxxxxx sake Adelaide stop rolling on year after friggin year with the same old approach, yielding the same old results. I'm sick of it.

Beaten around the ball is right. We have no discernible game plan, no outside game and no real heart. What stood out tonight again is that we don't run. We chase OK but we don't run - think about it. We don't run to provide options. We don't run to cover properly, only after the gate is open and it is too late? We don't spread on cross ground plays. We don't run to support and create. I want change. Port Adelaide do it right or wrong. At least they do something. They are not conservative suits keeping it all together year after year with no real outcome except maybe the next season. Im sick of it and I want change. Change. Just do something AFC. The club is at the stage where just rolling on tinkering around the edges will provide nothing. the continued spasmodic display of inadequate football basics is surely enough to wake up and convince people we are going nowhere. We were once a proud club. I want change.

I don't buy any of the modified preseason excuses from Burton and co.

Look at Richmond this year and Hawthorn previously they have had no problems at all following up after a grand final and being in tip top shape. The problem is the fitness staff and their flawed program rather than the players or "short" preseasons.
Yeah, but they didn't get those amount of injuries early in the season. Look what that did to Sydney last year who also played the Grand Final the previous year, they got manage to get their players back and didn't suffer further injuries that the Crows did.

I don't think there was a 50 plus point difference in talent between our club and theirs in the GF.

First quarter of that game tells me otherwise.

They may win this year but it's not a done deal.

I don't think there's a 50 point difference in talent, but their game plan and leg speed tends to enable them to stifle our ball movement.

I just think the MCG is going to be a massive advantage for them in the finals and the grand final, I think only Sydney at their very best could be the only potential roadblock for the Tigers.

As Sloane just said we were beaten around the ball. Why do we keep rolling with the same shxt? Please get rid of guys like Campo who have nothing to add nothing to add to the playing group we have. For fxxxxx sake Adelaide stop rolling on year after friggin year with the same old approach, yielding the same old results. I'm sick of it.

Beaten around the ball is right. We have no discernible game plan, no outside game and no real heart. What stood out tonight again is that we don't run. We chase OK but we don't run - think about it. We don't run to provide options. We don't run to cover properly, only after the gate is open and it is too late? We don't spread on cross ground plays. We don't run to support and create. I want change. Port Adelaide do it right or wrong. At least they do something. They are not conservative suits keeping it all together year after year with no real outcome except maybe the next season. Im sick of it and I want change. Change. Just do something AFC. The club is at the stage where just rolling on tinkering around the edges will provide nothing. the continued spasmodic display of inadequate football basics is surely enough to wake up and convince people we are going nowhere. We were once a proud club. I want change.
Wrong approach. We need continuity.

This year is over now. I’m not worried about the remaining 7 games. We will win some. We will lose more but we need to focus on what the team and style of play we will have in round 1 next year.

Round 1 is the key now. If we serve up rubbish like that, we are in trouble.

We’ll probably draft players to be more like the winners this year.
We will play catch up rather than make our own plans.

Games built on skill (Hawks)
We recruit Milera.
We’re to slow. We recruit Cameron, Hampton, Gallucci,
We’re too soft, keep losing vic players.
We recruit Fogarty.

We’ll be looking for pressure players this year.

We are followers, not leaders, looking from the outside.

I don't buy it
We smashed them at home, they smashed us at home. Repeat.

Unfortunately we played the GF at their ground. It wasn’t everything, but it sure didn’t help.

Yeah, but they didn't get those amount of injuries early in the season. Look what that did to Sydney last year who also played the Grand Final the previous year, they got manage to get their players back and didn't suffer further injuries that the Crows did.

The injures at the start of the season were the result of Burton's fitness program.

Early in the year the club kept talking about the reduced preseason due to the grand final and using it as some sort of excuse. The problem is that Richmond have had no problems at all with their fitness program even though they also had a reduced preseason.

The only difference between both clubs is that one obviously has fitness staff who know what they're doing as opposed to us who have morons running it.

Think you're pointing the gun in entirely the wrong direction, sure there's some players that need assessing going forward but it's the fitness and conditioning staff that need cleaning out. They have single handedly totally ****** our season.

I absolutely agree with this but there is a bigger issue here of which one outcome is what you posted here.

Our board and chairman have zero accountability. I'll tell you the contempt they hold us members in.

When we were finally able to have a member elected rep on the board guess what the boys club, chairman and current board did? So that they could keep the clique going without and "outsider" interfering or challenging the incumbent boys club the f##cking smart arses decided to nominate Roo as the member rep.....knowing the masses will vote him in being a legend of the club and therefore not have to worry about an "outsider" interfering.

Then to further insult the masses they nominated Jamo as another member elect rep.......same deal, boys club stays in tact and they are answerable to themselves.

Now, as Roo and Jamo have been/are member elected reps on the board have a guess how many emails/correspondence I've received from these member elected reps asking what I think or if there is anything I would like them to raise from a member perspective at board level?....... a BIG FAT ZERO. Let me say that again ZERO CORRESPONDENCE FROM THE MEMBER ELECTED BOARD REPS...........you can see the hand slowing raising with middle finger erect as a salute to the members.

So the elite keep their cosy little jobs not answerable to anyone.

Then we have the Tippett scandal. How many board members lost their role.......ZERO. There should have been a few resign along with Trigg.

Then we have the boys club employing a f##cking novice to be head of football and also have fitness and conditioning under his umbrella.......turned out f##cking beautifully that appointment.
How many will resign over the appointment of Burton? My guess is none......they'll pat themselves on the back go over to Chappys house and down a few reds while having no accountability.....and as they're raising the glass to take a swig the middle finger is pointing to the sky as another tribute to the masses that buy memberships.

Ive had a gut full of these w##kers that do not take any responsibility for their gross incompetence.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back