Preview Tigers vs Kangas 7:40pm Saturday @ Metricon

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL 2020 COVID CUP – ROUND 7 EDITION

Richmond Tigers vs Norf Melbourne Kangas Saturday 7:40pm @ Metricon Stadium (Norfs Grand Final)

The season so far….

Tigers:

Before surviving the great flood of July 12th, 2020, the Tigers form had been very much up and down since the restart of the Covid Cup (by up and down, I mean down). A decent win against the Dees, marred by a injury list the length of Robbie Nahas’ towel rack, came after 2 humiliating losses against the Dawks and the Aints, which came hot on the heels of the 2nd worst game of the season that ended in a draw vs the Pies.

A lot has been made of the form of a few of the Tigers stars this year, with Jack Riewoldt seemingly requiring a mobility scooter to move around the field and Dusty seemingly battling severe symptoms of “CBF-19”. Despite this and their lengthy injury list, the Tigers have managed a respectable 3-1-2 record on the season so far…….. which is likely to last another 2 weeks, at most.

69f680e9bdc5bae4e9c1c8b8e943168a.jpg
Above: Jack Riewoldt in a recent GQ photo shoot

Kangas:

The Kangas currently sit at 16th on the Covid Cup ladder, with 4 straight losses off the back of an impressive win against GW$ on their home deck. Also dealing with a fairly lengthy injury list, the Kangas will be hoping for a quick turn around in form…… and what better game to do it than in their annual Grand Final vs the Tigers.

Similarly to the Tigers, a few of the Kanga match winners are severely down on their form from last season. None more so than Ben “Sideshow Bob” Brown, who has failed to draw free kicks, I mean kick goals at the rate the kanga fan has become accustom to seeing

56420b70-5e34-11e9-8e5f-e2f57fdd01c2.png
Above: Ben Brown swan diving

Ins/Outs

The Tigers will likely make minimal changes, if any, with Astbury a chance to return and RCD hoping to get a debut. Mia Rioli and Jake Aarts were very quiet, but they are expected to be retained in the side.

North could see a myriad of changes to the side that faced the Bombres (not a typo) last week, with captain Jack Ziebell expected to return alongside Jedifer Anderson. Based of the vitriol they are copping on the north board currently, id expect Hall and Ahern to make way. As well as these changes, its expected that lumbering big Tom Campbell makes way, potentially for Majak Daw which would be a fantastic story (in all seriousness, good on him for making it back).

The Tip

The bookies have the Tigers as fairly heavy favourites for this one, but one thing they must be forgetting is that this fixture is Norfs Grand Final and as such they will play their little leggies off. We tend to save our little leggies for the actual Grand Final played in September….. or October….. or whenever the f**k its going to be.

Taking into account form, injuries, and the fact that the game is away from the Tigers spiritual home ground, The Gabba, I can foresee a much closer game than most are anticipating.

For these reasons, I have tipped the Tigers by 93.

EDIT: Forgot to add, Prestia late in for Garthwaite

Last edited:

With the Swoons last week unveiling a visionary new gameplan to effectively counter us (fielding 75,000 defenders) I expect Norf, who would have carefully dissected the game on their bunny-eared, black and white HMV will have a similar fate planned for us. If they can somehow round up another 15,000 defenders in time I wouldn't be surprised to see the first nil all draw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL 2020 COVID CUP – ROUND 7 EDITION

Richmond Tigers vs Norf Melbourne Kangas Saturday 7:40pm @ Metricon Stadium (Norfs Grand Final)

The season so far….

Tigers:

Before surviving the great flood of July 12th, 2020, the Tigers form had been very much up and down since the restart of the Covid Cup (by up and down, I mean down). A decent win against the Dees, marred by a injury list the length of Robbie Nahas’ towel rack, came after 2 humiliating losses against the Dawks and the Aints, which came hot on the heels of the 2nd worst game of the season that ended in a draw vs the Pies.

A lot has been made of the form of a few of the Tigers stars this year, with Jack Riewoldt seemingly requiring a mobility scooter to move around the field and Dusty seemingly battling severe symptoms of “CBF-19”. Despite this and their lengthy injury list, the Tigers have managed a respectable 3-1-2 record on the season so far…….. which is likely to last another 2 weeks, at most.

View attachment 912791
Above: Jack Riewoldt in a recent GQ photo shoot

Kangas:

The Kangas currently sit at 16th on the Covid Cup ladder, with 4 straight losses off the back of an impressive win against GW$ on their home deck. Also dealing with a fairly lengthy injury list, the Kangas will be hoping for a quick turn around in form…… and what better game to do it than in their annual Grand Final vs the Tigers.

Similarly to the Tigers, a few of the Kanga match winners are severely down on their form from last season. None more so than Ben “Sideshow Bob” Brown, who has failed to draw free kicks, I mean kick goals at the rate the kanga fan has become accustom to seeing

View attachment 912792
Above: Ben Brown swan dancing

Ins/Outs

The Tigers will likely make minimal changes, if any, with Astbury a chance to return and RCD hoping to get a debut. Mia Rioli and Jake Aarts were very quiet, but they are expected to be retained in the side.

North could see a myriad of changes to the side that faced the Bombres (not a typo) last week, with captain Jack Ziebell expected to return alongside Jedifer Anderson. Based of the vitriol they are copping on the north board currently, id expect Hall and Ahern to make way. As well as these changes, its expected that lumbering big Tom Campbell makes way, potentially for Majak Daw which would be a fantastic story (in all seriousness, good on him for making it back).

The Tip

The bookies have the Tigers as fairly heavy favourites for this one, but one thing they must be forgetting is that this fixture is Norfs Grand Final and as such they will play their little leggies off. We tend to save our little leggies for the actual Grand Final played in September….. or October….. or whenever the f**k its going to be.

Taking into account form, injuries, and the fact that the game is away from the Tigers spiritual home ground, The Gabba, I can foresee a much closer game than most are anticipating.

For these reasons, I have tipped the Tigers by 93.
Great preview mate. Dusty "CBF-19" 😂🤣😂 let's hope he does give a f.....this week 👍

Great, thanks very much DAVID 3 keg KING...

just dissected every thing that Ben brown is doing wrong and gave him an absolute bath... ripped him to shreds and challenged him to be the difference this week..

almost guaranteed to kick a bag now

Great, thanks very much DAVID 3 keg KING...

just dissected every thing that Ben brown is doing wrong and gave him an absolute bath... ripped him to shreds and challenged him to be the difference this week..

almost guaranteed to kick a bag now

Was going to anyway after getting numerous soft frees 15-20m out from goal after flopping like Fabio Grosso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back