TigerTime_89

Hi everyone,

TigerTime_89 posted about his dad in another thread, he has stage 4 brain cancer.

I'm hoping we can not only rally around a 16 year old in a really tough position, but hopefully donate to a cause?

Money is tight for everyone, but we are a family here so if you can't, maybe we can take the guy out for a dinner or a few drinks?

I can vouch for a lot of the people on her having met them.

GO TIGERS

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
Hi everyone,

TigerTime_89 posted about his dad in another thread, he has stage 4 brain cancer.

I'm hoping we can not only rally around a 16 year old in a really tough position, but hopefully donate to a cause?

Money is tight for everyone, but we are a family here so if you can't, maybe we can take the guy out for a dinner or a few drinks?

I can vouch for a lot of the people on her having met them.

GO TIGERS
Thank you for the post . We are fine money wise (That's what Insurance payouts are for). Just the countinued support from this great big family is more than what money could do. I'll try and get my Dad on to Big Footy one day. I'll keep you all updated on the situation.
Cheers,
Jarrod.

muzhogg

Club Legend
Sep 9, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Thank you for the post . We are fine money wise (That's what Insurance payouts are for). Just the countinued support from this great big family is more than what money could do. I'll try and get my Dad on to Big Footy one day. I'll keep you all updated on the situation.
Cheers,
Jarrod.

Hope all works out well for you and your dad, mate.

I hope the old "keeping you in my thoughts and prayers" thing isn't too cliched, but that's what I'm doing anyway.

All the best!

Cheers,
Jarrod.

If you need anything, just let us know. We can be an argumentative bunch, but we do pull together when we have cause to, and this seems like a pretty good cause.

Cheers,
Jarrod.

Anything you guys need, just let us know. If you haven't seen the pinned thread in the Corner Hotel, it's proof that this board can do massive things for people going through a rough time. I'll be forever grateful for the generosity everyone showed when I was diagnosed at 11.

Sorry mate... I know what you're going through.
My dad was diagnosed with a pretty aggressive form of bowel cancer and has already gone through chemo and radiation treatment. He's booked in for "the operation" to remove his bowel completely, close over the back end and put a colostomy bag in the week following Mothers Day.
It's a tough thing for anyone to go through, so I feel for you.
All the best to your dad and the rest of your family... I sat with Dad watching yesterdays game and was awesome watching him bounce out of his seat when Lynch slotted the last goal. Footy means so much to us all and can lift us ways that not much else in this world can.
Sing out if there's anything we as a community can do to help.

TigerTime_89

4x Jack Dyer Medalist
Apr 3, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Melb Storm, Liverpool, S Thunder
Hey tiger time, thoughts are with you mate.. Go tiges
Hope all works out well for you and your dad, mate.

I hope the old "keeping you in my thoughts and prayers" thing isn't too cliched, but that's what I'm doing anyway.

All the best!
All the best...:thumbsu:
If you need anything, just let us know. We can be an argumentative bunch, but we do pull together when we have cause to, and this seems like a pretty good cause.
All the best mate.The win by the boys would have given your Dad a huge lift.
Anything you guys need, just let us know. If you haven't seen the pinned thread in the Corner Hotel, it's proof that this board can do massive things for people going through a rough time. I'll be forever grateful for the generosity everyone showed when I was diagnosed at 11.
they found a billiard ball sized tumour in dads bladder in 2012 and i'm very lucky to still have him here.
Jarrod if you need anything or just need to vent just drop me a pm
All the best with your dad.
We're here for you
Sorry mate... I know what you're going through.
My dad was diagnosed with a pretty aggressive form of bowel cancer and has already gone through chemo and radiation treatment. He's booked in for "the operation" to remove his bowel completely, close over the back end and put a colostomy bag in the week following Mothers Day.
It's a tough thing for anyone to go through, so I feel for you.
All the best to your dad and the rest of your family... I sat with Dad watching yesterdays game and was awesome watching him bounce out of his seat when Lynch slotted the last goal. Footy means so much to us all and can lift us ways that not much else in this world can.
Sing out if there's anything we as a community can do to help.
Thank you all for the kind messages. I know we're a tight bunch here but the response and kind words has truely been amazing. We are truely the best board on Big Footy.

Went through similar couple years ago with my dad and Lung cancer, luckily he went into remission after a somewhat late diagnosis so really hope everything works out for you.
As others have said feel free to get in touch any time.

* cancer

Back