Tigerz18 Phantom Draft V2

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2008
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fulham FC, Real Madrid
A few weeks ago I did a draft that was quite left field, and copped a bit of a spray, so i have rejigged my list a little and come up with something a little more in line with what clubs might do on Friday
So here is my phantom draft V2

1. BL - Luke Davies-Uniacke
Still think he is the go here. Ready made and will play from Round 1.

2. Freo - Paddy Dow
Still think he's the 2nd best pure mid in te draft, and the Dockers shouldnt pass him up

3. Carl - Cam Raynor
If he's still here at 3, Carlton will be crazy to pass him up. Could be the complete package if he can up he fitness to play through the middle - is 2-3 years off tearing the comp.

4. Nth Melb. - Andrew Brayshaw
My first deviation from my last draft. the brayshaw name is familiar at the Kangaroos, and with a need for more mids should take him if he hasn't been taken earlier.

5. Freo - Aaron Naughton
Fremantle could take Stephenson here, but with the local boy Naughton and their need for some height in the backline, could take a punt on him. No go home factor as well helps.

6. Collingwood - Adam Cerra
Again Stephenson could be a pick here, but Cerra is someone the Pies can build their future around - a midfield of Cerra and Treloar would be dangerous.

7. St Kilda - Jayden Stephenson
X-Factor galore here. Saints fans will be excited with what he will bring to the club.

8. St Kilda - Hunter Clark
this one was tough and last time i went for Aidan Bonar, but with the getting Stephenson last pick they will go for another midfielder, and Clark is the best choice for them. Could go for Higgins as well here.

9. WB - Nick Coffield
Is a intercepting/rebounding HB flanker that could step in to replace Boyd and Murphy straight away. Is a born leader so will be able to direct the play around him as he gets settled. Think Nick Vlastuin.

10. Carlton - Darcy Fogarty
Having gone for raynor with pick 3, Carlton go for another big bodied forward/midfielder to help out Cripps.

11. GWS - Jack Higgins
a class small forward/mid. Adds tenacity to an ageing forward line and the Giants would expect him to help out in the midfield as well

12. Adelaide - Aiden Bonar
Toss up between Bonar and Constable here. i thing they will go for Bonar to add some size and unpredictability to a very predicatble forward line. Could end up being special if he gets his body right.

13. WCE - Charlie Constable.
big bodied mid who will will add drive coming out of the backline. will push into the midfield as he gets fitter.

14. Syd - Nathan Murphy
adds another dimension to their forward line to act as a foil to Tippett and Franklin. project player who may get a couple of games next year.

15. BL - Jarrod Brander
Toss up here between Brander and Allen. I went for brander due to being a bit more of a power forward as they already have Hipwood as their running tall forward.

16. WB - Lochie O'Brien
They really could make an offer on Naish here just to make sure that Richmond have to take him with their first pick. They could also take Ed Richards, but with them getting Coffield earlier they would rather add to their midfield. O"brien adds that.

17. Richmond - Oscar Allen
unless they have to take Naish here, Oscar Allen will swap the yellow and black of WA state side to the yellow and black of Tigerland - a tall marking chasing forward who would play well next to Jack. If he gets his skates on in the next couple years, he would allow Jack to play out of the goal square at the back end of his career.

18. BL - Ed Richards
Adds speed and class with the ball to the outside with them having a glut of inside players. will benefit from Beams, Zorko and LD-U feeding him the ball.

19. Gold Coast - Joel Garner
Could make a shock selection Jordan Houliahn here, but they will want an honest player who will give them guaranteed games over his career, and Garner gives that.

20. Richmond - Sam Hayes
there is a chance that if Naish is still around at 20, he probably will have a bid for him between 21 and 25, so Richmond need to add more height and will do it now. a project player, Hayes will be given ample time to develop in the VFL.

21. WCE - Matthew Ling
Eagles need some speed on the outside and Ling offers that and will come in to replace Wellingham
Could also go for Naish, Stoddart or Bailey here.

22. Richmond (matches Geelongs bid) - Pat Naish
Guaranteed to go to richmond whenever a bid is made.

23. Geelong - Lachlan Fogarty
a pressure small forward helps Geelong out with Motlop moving on.

24. Nth Melb - Charlie Spargo.
anotehr classy on baller that the Kangas would be thrilled was still there at 24. another name associated with Nth after his father played 80 odd games

25. Geelong - Charlie Ballard
big bodied mid who can play as a 3rd forwar until his tank develops and he moves into the midfield.

26. WCE - Jordan Houlahan
exciting mid sized forward who will take over from Le Cras when he finishes.

27. Gold Coast (matches GWS bid) Brayden Crossley
GWS would have wanted Crossley to replace Mumford, but GC take him to add to their ruck stocks.

28. GWS - Jake Petrucelle
Speed to the GWS team and will be given a few years to develop

29. GWS - Zac Bailey
exciting hb who will be a good rebounder in the future.

30. Melbourne - Dylan Moore
small forward who is clean with the ball in his hands. will add extra class to a melb forward line who lacked polish there this year.

i dont know enough to do a full draft, but guys like Sam Taylor, Noah Balta, Connor Ballenden, OScar Clavarino, Harrison Petty and Gryan Miers are all chances to go somewhere in the second round, and al these players wll defintately find a home by pick 40.

Carlton won’t go Rayner and Fogarty. They need at least one pure mid. Not two mid/forwards. Very unlikely Rayner is there at 3 but even if he is with Dow or Cerra they probably let him slip to north. Dow is their first choice. And if they do grab Rayner at 3 they won’t be taking a Fogarty type at 10 they’ll definitely be after a pure mid. Carlton need mids more than anything else. Not forwards who can run through the middle

Again why so nasty mike 91???
If you're going to make a phantom draft, then at least have an idea about whats going on. Bishop and Knightmare for example have a history of doing this and put time, research and effort into it. This guy reads a few pages and decides he'll give it a go, uneducated guesses that aren't even close, then complains when people pull him up on it. There are normal mock threads for people that don't watch these kids play, so we can have fun guessing, this guy thinks his opinion is superior enough for two threads, when in reality, for the second time now, hes proven he knows zilch.

If you're going to make a phantom draft, then at least have an idea about whats going on. Bishop and Knightmare for example have a history of doing this and put time, research and effort into it. This guy reads a few pages and decides he'll give it a go, uneducated guesses that aren't even close, then complains when people pull him up on it. There are normal mock threads for people that don't watch these kids play, so we can have fun guessing, this guy thinks his opinion is superior enough for two threads, when in reality, for the second time now, hes proven he knows zilch.
Ok

Don't read the thread then, no one is forcing you.

The draft is the only football thing going, it's all in good fun.

Just enjoy it.

Fmd champ you should be a mod the way you are telling campaigners how & what to post!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A few weeks ago I did a draft that was quite left field, and copped a bit of a spray, so i have rejigged my list a little and come up with something a little more in line with what clubs might do on Friday
So here is my phantom draft V2

1. BL - Luke Davies-Uniacke
Still think he is the go here. Ready made and will play from Round 1.

2. Freo - Paddy Dow
Still think he's the 2nd best pure mid in te draft, and the Dockers shouldnt pass him up

3. Carl - Cam Raynor
If he's still here at 3, Carlton will be crazy to pass him up. Could be the complete package if he can up he fitness to play through the middle - is 2-3 years off tearing the comp.

4. Nth Melb. - Andrew Brayshaw
My first deviation from my last draft. the brayshaw name is familiar at the Kangaroos, and with a need for more mids should take him if he hasn't been taken earlier.

5. Freo - Aaron Naughton
Fremantle could take Stephenson here, but with the local boy Naughton and their need for some height in the backline, could take a punt on him. No go home factor as well helps.

6. Collingwood - Adam Cerra
Again Stephenson could be a pick here, but Cerra is someone the Pies can build their future around - a midfield of Cerra and Treloar would be dangerous.

7. St Kilda - Jayden Stephenson
X-Factor galore here. Saints fans will be excited with what he will bring to the club.

8. St Kilda - Hunter Clark
this one was tough and last time i went for Aidan Bonar, but with the getting Stephenson last pick they will go for another midfielder, and Clark is the best choice for them. Could go for Higgins as well here.

9. WB - Nick Coffield
Is a intercepting/rebounding HB flanker that could step in to replace Boyd and Murphy straight away. Is a born leader so will be able to direct the play around him as he gets settled. Think Nick Vlastuin.

10. Carlton - Darcy Fogarty
Having gone for raynor with pick 3, Carlton go for another big bodied forward/midfielder to help out Cripps.

11. GWS - Jack Higgins
a class small forward/mid. Adds tenacity to an ageing forward line and the Giants would expect him to help out in the midfield as well

12. Adelaide - Aiden Bonar
Toss up between Bonar and Constable here. i thing they will go for Bonar to add some size and unpredictability to a very predicatble forward line. Could end up being special if he gets his body right.

13. WCE - Charlie Constable.
big bodied mid who will will add drive coming out of the backline. will push into the midfield as he gets fitter.

14. Syd - Nathan Murphy
adds another dimension to their forward line to act as a foil to Tippett and Franklin. project player who may get a couple of games next year.

15. BL - Jarrod Brander
Toss up here between Brander and Allen. I went for brander due to being a bit more of a power forward as they already have Hipwood as their running tall forward.

16. WB - Lochie O'Brien
They really could make an offer on Naish here just to make sure that Richmond have to take him with their first pick. They could also take Ed Richards, but with them getting Coffield earlier they would rather add to their midfield. O"brien adds that.

17. Richmond - Oscar Allen
unless they have to take Naish here, Oscar Allen will swap the yellow and black of WA state side to the yellow and black of Tigerland - a tall marking chasing forward who would play well next to Jack. If he gets his skates on in the next couple years, he would allow Jack to play out of the goal square at the back end of his career.

18. BL - Ed Richards
Adds speed and class with the ball to the outside with them having a glut of inside players. will benefit from Beams, Zorko and LD-U feeding him the ball.

19. Gold Coast - Joel Garner
Could make a shock selection Jordan Houliahn here, but they will want an honest player who will give them guaranteed games over his career, and Garner gives that.

20. Richmond - Sam Hayes
there is a chance that if Naish is still around at 20, he probably will have a bid for him between 21 and 25, so Richmond need to add more height and will do it now. a project player, Hayes will be given ample time to develop in the VFL.

21. WCE - Matthew Ling
Eagles need some speed on the outside and Ling offers that and will come in to replace Wellingham
Could also go for Naish, Stoddart or Bailey here.

22. Richmond (matches Geelongs bid) - Pat Naish
Guaranteed to go to richmond whenever a bid is made.

23. Geelong - Lachlan Fogarty
a pressure small forward helps Geelong out with Motlop moving on.

24. Nth Melb - Charlie Spargo.
anotehr classy on baller that the Kangas would be thrilled was still there at 24. another name associated with Nth after his father played 80 odd games

25. Geelong - Charlie Ballard
big bodied mid who can play as a 3rd forwar until his tank develops and he moves into the midfield.

26. WCE - Jordan Houlahan
exciting mid sized forward who will take over from Le Cras when he finishes.

27. Gold Coast (matches GWS bid) Brayden Crossley
GWS would have wanted Crossley to replace Mumford, but GC take him to add to their ruck stocks.

28. GWS - Jake Petrucelle
Speed to the GWS team and will be given a few years to develop

29. GWS - Zac Bailey
exciting hb who will be a good rebounder in the future.

30. Melbourne - Dylan Moore
small forward who is clean with the ball in his hands. will add extra class to a melb forward line who lacked polish there this year.

i dont know enough to do a full draft, but guys like Sam Taylor, Noah Balta, Connor Ballenden, OScar Clavarino, Harrison Petty and Gryan Miers are all chances to go somewhere in the second round, and al these players wll defintately find a home by pick 40.
Keep reading Lions problem is everywhere but the backline, had 15, 100 plus scores against this year. Defensive talls have added muscle to their frames and improvement to be expected however the problem was the speed and agility of the smalls, improvement in this area is essential. Witherden great find last year lets hope it continues.
Otherwise lions will finish last again.

Kind of like how no one forced you to read my comment. Be gone pleb.

117190.jpg

Because your first attempt wasn't bad enough, you come back with a second thread? You gonna cry again when people don't agree with you?

On SM-G955F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not when its constructive but when keyboard warriors just spout filth for the sake of it but dont actually say anything that contributes to a dicussion.
I dont have time do research like knightmare. This is not my job. I'm not saying that im an expert - i love draft time and wanted to have a crack at it. My first one was crap, so i did another - boo f*n hoo.
You think its crap, why dont you correct it? Why dont you put forward a valid argument about which choices are wrong and then who you'd choose instead. Put your awesomeness on the line and do a mock draft while your at it.
I guess seeing as you believe mine is so wrong, yours will be spot on come draft night.

OK, will give you the courtesy of a proper reply in regards to Brisbane's draft.

Brisbane won't draft any talls with our first three picks. We have two highly rated academy talls in this years draft that have been "well managed", that we will match bids on. KPF Connor Ballenden that we're expecting a bid on after pick 20, and KPD Jack Payne that we're not expecting to be bid on until the 3rd round.

I would love Luke Davies-Uniacke to be our first pick, but he won't be. The club has been quite public that the choice for pick 1 is down to two players, Andrew Brayshaw and Cam Rayner.

Pick 15 and 18 would ideally be used on midfielders, but unlikely the players we like slip down to 15, so we draft the kids that best suit the clubs philosophies, elite kick and ball use, contested possession rate, and speed.

Ed Richards is a good pick at 18, and was one of my favoured players at that pick. He provides a good kick and speed out of defence along with the ability to play through the midfield in time.

At pick 15 you could almost pencil in Lachlan Fogarty, regardless if we draft Rayner at pick 1 or not. He will be developed as a pressure small forward, with the ability to run through the midfield.

I'll echo some of the other comments, if you're attempting a mock, you do need a good grasp of team needs, and the kids in the draft pool and where they rate on a big board. And it's good to keep abreast of what whispers are being said about which players might go where.

Not when its constructive but when keyboard warriors just spout filth for the sake of it but dont actually say anything that contributes to a dicussion.
I dont have time do research like knightmare. This is not my job. I'm not saying that im an expert - i love draft time and wanted to have a crack at it. My first one was crap, so i did another - boo f*n hoo.
You think its crap, why dont you correct it? Why dont you put forward a valid argument about which choices are wrong and then who you'd choose instead. Put your awesomeness on the line and do a mock draft while your at it.
I guess seeing as you believe mine is so wrong, yours will be spot on come draft night.
Here's a hint, seeing as you have just said that you basically got no idea, why don't you let the semi experts do their thing and you stick to the mock draft threads, rather than creating two ordinary at best ones. Not a keyboard warrior, just simply pointing out how you haven't learned your lesson from the first time and yet again you're getting defensive.

ROUND ONE
  1. Rayner Bris
  2. LDU freo
  3. Dow Carlton
  4. Cerra north
  5. Brayshaw freo
  6. Murphy pies
  7. Coffield saints
  8. Clarke saints
  9. Naughton bulldogs
  10. Fogherty blues
  11. Bonar GWS
  12. Stephenson Crows
  13. Allen Eagles
  14. Fogarty Swans
  15. Obrian Lions
  16. Higgins Dogs
  17. Brander Tigers
  18. Constable Lions
  19. Richards Suns
  20. Hayes Tigers ROUND 2
  21. Kelly Eagles
  22. Balta Cats
  23. Bailey North bid Naish
  24. Ballard Cats bid Ballenden
  25. Naish Tigers
  26. Stoddart Eagles
  27. Ling Gws
  28. Taylor Gws
  29. Houlahan Demons
  30. Garner Carlton
  31. Baker Demons
  32. Starcevich Eagles
  33. Spargo Swans
  34. Clavarino Saints
  35. Wooler Geelong
  36. Miers Demons
  37. Ryan Eagles
  38. Petrocelli Pies ROUND 3
  39. Petty Crows
  40. Ballenden Lions
  41. Paton Suns
  42. Coleman-Jones Dockers
  43. Worpel Hawks
  44. Dixon Lions
  45. Moore Saints
  46. Ross Port
  47. Fritcsh Demons
  48. Ainsworth Dons
  49. Mcpherson Port
  50. Patmore Suns bid Brown
  51. Mccartin Swans
  52. Payne Brisbane
  53. Walker Tigers
  54. Daniels Suns
  55. Mynott Tigers
Thoughts?

ROUND ONE
  1. Rayner Bris
  2. LDU freo
  3. Dow Carlton
  4. Cerra north
  5. Brayshaw freo
  6. Murphy pies
  7. Coffield saints
  8. Clarke saints
  9. Naughton bulldogs
  10. Fogherty blues
  11. Bonar GWS
  12. Stephenson Crows
  13. Allen Eagles
  14. Fogarty Swans
  15. Obrian Lions
  16. Higgins Dogs
  17. Brander Tigers
  18. Constable Lions
  19. Richards Suns
  20. Hayes Tigers ROUND 2
  21. Kelly Eagles
  22. Balta Cats
  25. Naish Tigers
  26. Stoddart Eagles
  27. Ling Gws
  28. Taylor Gws
  29. Houlahan Demons
  30. Garner Carlton
  31. Baker Demons
  32. Starcevich Eagles
  33. Spargo Swans
  34. Clavarino Saints
  35. Wooler Geelong
  36. Miers Demons
  37. Ryan Eagles
  39. Petty Crows
  40. Ballenden Lions
  41. Paton Suns
  43. Worpel Hawks
  44. Dixon Lions
  45. Moore Saints
  46. Ross Port
  47. Fritcsh Demons
  48. Ainsworth Dons
  49. Mcpherson Port
  51. Mccartin Swans
  52. Payne Brisbane
  53. Walker Tigers
  54. Daniels Suns
  55. Mynott Tigers
Thoughts?
Eagles will go Higgins or Obrien over Allen imo

ROUND ONE
  1. Rayner Bris
  2. LDU freo
  3. Dow Carlton
  4. Cerra north
  5. Brayshaw freo
  6. Murphy pies
  7. Coffield saints
  8. Clarke saints
  9. Naughton bulldogs
  10. Fogherty blues
  11. Bonar GWS
  12. Stephenson Crows
  13. Allen Eagles
  14. Fogarty Swans
  15. Obrian Lions
  16. Higgins Dogs
  17. Brander Tigers
  18. Constable Lions
  19. Richards Suns
  20. Hayes Tigers ROUND 2
  21. Kelly Eagles
  22. Balta Cats
  25. Naish Tigers
  26. Stoddart Eagles
  27. Ling Gws
  28. Taylor Gws
  29. Houlahan Demons
  30. Garner Carlton
  31. Baker Demons
  32. Starcevich Eagles
  33. Spargo Swans
  34. Clavarino Saints
  35. Wooler Geelong
  36. Miers Demons
  37. Ryan Eagles
  39. Petty Crows
  40. Ballenden Lions
  41. Paton Suns
  43. Worpel Hawks
  44. Dixon Lions
  45. Moore Saints
  46. Ross Port
  47. Fritcsh Demons
  48. Ainsworth Dons
  49. Mcpherson Port
  51. Mccartin Swans
  52. Payne Brisbane
  53. Walker Tigers
  54. Daniels Suns
  55. Mynott Tigers
Thoughts?

Are we tanking or something?

Eagles will go Higgins or Obrien over Allen imo
Eagles are planning for life without JK, The WA Larke Medalist fits the bill, he's intelligent and could even push to the midfield in time. I believe they can get that outside class with Stoddart at 26 who's a West Coast supporter (more likely to stay). Higgins could be there but think they wouldn't use such a high pick on a small. Willie Rioli to kill it this year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back