Tiges to field AFLW side

Remove this Banner Ad

The AFL brains trust has no brains. Seriously. Oh yeah, let's get this premature national competition off the ground by taking on dead weight like lolnorf who will need the whole thing funded for them and won't have any supporters outside Tasmania and the existing 50 lolnorf fans. By 2020 the whole idea could be dead and it'll be too late for Richmond to save it.

2019 is two years away.
Why the * couldn't they put Geelong, #lolnorf, St Kilda and Richmond in at the same time?
That knob Gillon was already on my "people I wouldn't brake for if they were crossing the road" list. He's in line for an upgrade.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Putting in four clubs in 2019 is not viable.
The talent pool needs to grow before that happens.
Yes even 2020 will be tough to get enough talent, Geelong and norf got a side first because they're is already teams in Melbourne none in Geelong or Tassie so I certainly understand the decision.

In two years the talent pool will not grow enough so that instead of eight teams who are not really up to scratch, they'll be able to fill 14 teams with actual elite sportswomen. They should have started with state leagues with a national tournament or something like that. A full ten team Vic league with all AFL clubs involved would have surely been much cheaper to get going and having it as state leagues would lower the expectations sufficiently so that it didn't seem like a bit of a joke. Watching some of the hacks and fatties running around this year, there's not enough talent there for a proper national league.

But if they are going to have the league, then Richmond should have been one of the foundation clubs without question.

It was always going to be Geelong and lolnorf. Geelong as a regional side and lolnorf coming in as essentially the Tasmanian Kangaroos. We were always first in line to become the next vic side, but that was not the priority with the first expansion.

Genuinely surprised they even considered GC's bid

Remove this Banner Ad

Back