Social Science Tight arse things you or others do

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a post way back about someone's grandpa rinsing and drying glad wrap for reuse, gold
My late FIL washed and kept every food container he received from Meals on Wheels, one meal a day, for about four years. All neatly stacked in cupboards and the garage, never re-used.

Geez if we are going to include fathers/grandfathers then this thread will go to a whole new level I recon.

When they first got rid of 1 and 2 cent pieces my grandfather would go through the supermarket checkout multiple times if it meant he could save more because of rounding down each time.

I find the 1kg hommus buckets really good for home improvement stuff - mixing concrete repair compound, small batches of wallpaper glue, etc

I tend to have a couple of clean ones stacked away for use

I find the 1kg hommus buckets really good for home improvement stuff - mixing concrete repair compound, small batches of wallpaper glue, etc

I tend to have a couple of clean ones stacked away for use
Have been stacking those buckets for awhile, missus keeps asking "one is this one in the dishwasher? Don't you have enough already"

Does it need to be an hommus bucket

Could be Vegemite, would take a while to build a stock of empty buckets though

Have been stacking those buckets for awhile, missus keeps asking "one is this one in the dishwasher? Don't you have enough already"

I've been collecting jars for a while now, got a shitload and have never bothered pickling veggies or anything, they just sit there. Now it feels like a waste to throw out any jar, it's a trap!

There's a post way back about someone's grandpa rinsing and drying glad wrap for reuse, gold
I've heard a story of someone using the plastic wrap used on delivered newspapers being recycled for clingwrap on their sandwiches

Remove this Banner Ad

Back