Social Science Tight arse things you or others do

Remove this Banner Ad

Always buy the cheap 'home brand' stuff that you don't eat....Stuff like paper-towel, dish-washing liquid, soap etc....It's all the bloody same anyhow & gets the job done equally well.

Food, on the other hand, never home-brand crap, that's for sure.

Always wait till things like dunny-roll are on 'super-special' & then bulk up on supplies to last for 6 months. Any of the non-perishables are good for that....Cans of soup too....Go nuts in summer when no one wants it & it lasts all winter for half the price you'd pay on the shelves at the time.

Store branded products are a mixed bag. Some good, some not so much. Things like knock off Coke, knock off Mars bars etc. I don't know who buys.

75c Coles brand dry pasta vs $2 San Remo, I probably couldn't tell the difference. $2 San Remo vs $10 hand made fresh stuff from the market, yes I could. I don't want to get into the giant milk debate (farmers vs processors vs retailers) but I can't tell the difference between most milk brands and Coles milk is Brownes milk in WA anyway. If you want soda water or something then water with CO2 in it really isn't that different from one maker to the next.

Things like the store branded tinned veges s**t me because a lot of the cheap stuff is imported. I tend to avoid fresh imported fruit and veg too unless it's something we can't/don't generally grow here.

Aussie-slang-by-regions.jpg

WTF @ Nigel/Scott/Nof??? (did they mean Norf?)
Norf Kweensland Cowbuis?

Lol at my earlier post in this thread. It feels like it's from a different life.

Anyway tight arse things I do now: the other day I kicked up a stink about buying my boys shoes because I didn't want to spend 120 dollars at rebel sport not nice shoes. Then I sucked it up and bought them anyway.

Actually that's about it. I don't really do any other right arse things. Ever since i separated I've been a little more affluent with my money. But still saving plenty each week. I'm not rich or anything but it's nice to not have to worry about money. :)

After years and years of struggling, it's a real release for me.

Deli for us is small corner shop.
A small corner shop that sells newspaper, milk, bread, ice-creams, confectionary and random household goods is a milk bar...

A deli (delicatessen) is a shop that sells an array of fecking kick arse food - cheeses, meats, dips, breads, olives, preserves.

If you call a bog standard run of the mill corner shop a deli what the feck do people from WA actually call a store that sells an array of specialty food items??

Always buy the cheap 'home brand' stuff that you don't eat....Stuff like paper-towel, dish-washing liquid, soap etc....It's all the bloody same anyhow & gets the job done equally well.

Food, on the other hand, never home-brand crap, that's for sure.

Always wait till things like dunny-roll are on 'super-special' & then bulk up on supplies to last for 6 months. Any of the non-perishables are good for that....Cans of soup too....Go nuts in summer when no one wants it & it lasts all winter for half the price you'd pay on the shelves at the time.
I find the coles branded stuff (the stuff in the coloured boxes, not your plain white, no colour packaging) is ******* great. Their box of cookies for 4 bucks are some of the best cookies ever.

I find the coles branded stuff (the stuff in the colored boxes, not your plain white, no color packaging) is ******* great. Their box of cookies for 4 bucks are some of the best cookies ever.

Do they have em in Choc chip?....I'll keep an eye out for em now that you've mentioned it.

Some of the 'home brands' are exactly the same as the named brands but with different packaging.

Have also never spent more than 7k on a car....The most exorbitant I ever got, was in 'splashing-out' 7k for a 72 Celica coupe back in 1986.

Using tissues as toilet paper

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I knew a guy 20 years ago who used to take his watch battery out at 7pm every night and put it back in at 7am every morning - doubled his battery life.

I think he was featured once on either triple j or merrick and rosso or some radio show like that.

Using toilet paper as paper towel to clean the BBQ. Amirite The Filth Wizard ?

Yeah, but you weren't being tightarse, more unprepared. Showed how resourceful we are and I've never had more fragrant snags.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back