Social Science Tight arse things you or others do

Remove this Banner Ad

True. You’ve also reminded me to re-read this thread, the glad wrap washer and reuser was my favourite.
I hope he is air drying them on the washing line and not just throwing them in the dryer
iu

That's less tight arse more fraud
Fraud is a bit much. Just doing my my bit for the environment by recycling unwanted electrical goods in a cost-effective manner.

If he is under 21 and or unemployed, I will cut him some slack.
Yeah, got a great job actually. I'm just a prick really.

I may have written this earlier but I used to get chinese takeaway from the food court without rice (so just the meat) and steam my own rice at home, so i'd get two meals out of it. They wised up in the end though, most places will charge more for just meat now.

I understand the getting meat at a cheap price but cooking your own steam rice?

Large steam rice $4? Cost of rice and time/effort to steam it yourself - more than $4 - i value my time at a high price, even sitting down doing sfa

Amazed at how people dont take the time/effort into consideration whens 'saving' a couple of bucks.

Large steam rice $4? Cost of rice and time/effort to steam it yourself - more than $4 - i value my time at a high price, even sitting down doing sfa

Amazed at how people dont take the time/effort into consideration whens 'saving' a couple of bucks.
Like people driving out of their way to save a few cents per L on petrol...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I may have written this earlier but I used to get chinese takeaway from the food court without rice (so just the meat) and steam my own rice at home, so i'd get two meals out of it. They wised up in the end though, most places will charge more for just meat now.
Rice sitting at room temp for a few hours isnt a good idea

You must be new to the thread, we had someone washing and drying glad wrap.

That's not tight arse at all.

My local Curry Man sells a "large" rice for $3. I can get 10 "large" rices from a packet of for $3.50 (+ I make my own healthy blend of brown rice, quinoa and white grains).

Rice served nice and fresh when the lovely korma arrives at my door. Can't beat that!

Anyway, moving on.

I just sold an item on an online marketplace for $90. Charged the customer for signature on delivery, but the item got lost in transit.
Provided the tracking details & invoice to Australia Post who refunded me the cost of shipping and the cost of the lost items.
Told the customer that he wasn't eligible for a refund because he didn't pay for insurance as per the terms of the sale. Paypal can't do anything as all that's required from the seller is "Proof of Shipment"

Kept his money and the Australia Post refund. Doubled my cash on that sale.

Ripper week for being Toump Ass the Tight Arse!!!

Anyway, moving on.

I just sold an item on an online marketplace for $90. Charged the customer for signature on delivery, but the item got lost in transit.
Provided the tracking details & invoice to Australia Post who refunded me the cost of shipping and the cost of the lost items.
Told the customer that he wasn't eligible for a refund because he didn't pay for insurance as per the terms of the sale. Paypal can't do anything as all that's required from the seller is "Proof of Shipment"

Kept his money and the Australia Post refund. Doubled my cash on that sale.

Ripper week for being Toump Ass the Tight Arse!!!
This goes in the s**t bloke category for me. If the same thing happened to you in reverse how would you feel?

This goes in the s**t bloke category for me. If the same thing happened to you in reverse how would you feel?
Why would I expect a private seller to make an exception to the terms and conditions that I agreed to?

When I purchase valuable items from private sellers I insist on (and pay for) insurance in addition to the cover I am provided via paypal's terms and conditions (which are always in the buyers favour). This protects both myself and the seller from being out of pocket for damages or loss incurred in transit.

For the record, on the few times I have had items lost or damaged when I have not paid extra for insurance, I have never created a paypal dispute despite the fact that I would have got my money back, because that's what I call "herp derp s**t bloke".

I had no idea Australia Post were going to refund me. But I'm sure glad they did!

Why would I expect a private seller to make an exception to the terms and conditions that I agreed to?

When I purchase valuable items from private sellers I insist on (and pay for) insurance in addition to the cover I am provided via paypal's terms and conditions (which are always in the buyers favour). This protects both myself and the seller from being out of pocket for damages or loss incurred in transit.

For the record, on the few times I have had items lost or damaged when I have not paid extra for insurance, I have never created a paypal dispute despite the fact that I would have got my money back, because that's what I call "herp derp s**t bloke".

I had no idea Australia Post were going to refund me. But I'm sure glad they did!

You were gloating about benefitting financially from another persons misfortune....The mind-set of usury.

You've ripped someone off and are justifying it by saying you'd expect the same in return

Remove this Banner Ad

Back