Tillies WC thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Thread to discuss all things Matildas at the World Cup. Only 2 games to go, whichever way it goes against the Poms in the semi's.

They got overshadowed by the Ashes during the group stages, but they've since taken the nation's sporting psyche by storm with knockout wins over Denmark followed by the most epic of shootout victories over the French. Get onboard.

Thread to discuss all things Matildas at the World Cup. Only 2 games to go, whichever way it goes against the Poms in the semi's.

They got overshadowed by the Ashes during the group stages, but they've since taken the nation's sporting psyche by storm with knockout wins over Denmark followed by the most epic of shootout victories over the French. Get onboard.
Last time I was this interested in soccer was the 2006 World Cup

My interest tends to be intermittent too. The 2015 Asian Cup was the last high point I reckon. But watching the girls lastnight I was impressed by the standard and captivated by the contest.
Yeah the last couple of games have been great, enjoyed them. Even my mrs has been watching and she mostly hates sport

Fitness guys have passed Sam fit to play tonight. Good move since it’s crucial we are first to score and she makes that more possible given her pedigree. We are banking on her playing maybe 90 minutes but more like 80 is likely. Problems arise if we get to extra time and especially penalties and she is gassed.
I’m going for a 2-1 win in normal time with Kerr and Fowler scoring. Poms get a late one.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

England looked the better side. Sucky result but fair.
England were superb on the counter attack. Aussie girls looked slow and the English 11 was a freaking battle tank.

The second goal conceded was the turning point. Everyone knew it was a gift and a bunch of air came out of the Aussies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back