Analysis Tim and Talking Footy

Remove this Banner Ad

Or D.) They don't watch the game with yellow and black tinted shades on.

The Essendon game and the Port game were hideous to watch, much like Freo of the past couple years (though they've become more watchable now). The gamestyle may win games, but they're ugly games.
Obviously I prefer the Tigers to win but i'll be farked if it isn't a struggle to watch sometimes.
Never hideous to watch when we're winning and you're caught up in the moment, so I thoroughly enjoyed both those games, however, when I watched the replay of the Essendon game I was surprised at how stop start the game was and how many times both teams slowed the play down, was a much more enjoyable game live.

It all depends on what you want when you watch footy...

I would rather a slugfest where 2 teams throw absolutely everything at each other, that pressure can often create lots of horrible patches of poor skill execution.. But from there I really appreciate when someone is able to stand up under the pressure and execute perfectly. It also leaves me content that win lose or draw, my team has done everything it can to get the result.

Yes other games look better to the eye, but what if we played a bruise free game of footy from end to end, we managed to kick 19 goals, but our opposition kicked 25, i wouldnt go away from the game happy we played a nice brand of footy, i would be extremely pissed that no-one from our team put the teams best interests first and tied to stop or nullify their opponent.

That doesnt matter what colour tinted shades you have on, its what you expect to see. I for one respect effort more than anything and the firce determination in a contest, others prefer free flowing unaccountable footy....

So you're implying that the only types of football are low scoring turnover-fests like our last 2 games, and uncontested high scoring games?

I wonder what teams like Hawthorn and Sydney would think of that.
It's possible to have a heavily contested game of footy without it being low scoring and hard to watch.

Never hideous to watch when we're winning and you're caught up in the moment, so I thoroughly enjoyed both those games, however, when I watched the replay of the Essendon game I was surprised at how stop start the game was and how many times both teams slowed the play down, was a much more enjoyable game live.

I haven't even bothered to watch the replay yet, and the ones where we beat Essendon are my favourite.

So you're implying that the only types of football are low scoring turnover-fests like our last 2 games, and uncontested high scoring games?

I wonder what teams like Hawthorn and Sydney would think of that.
It's possible to have a heavily contested game of footy without it being low scoring and hard to watch.
No I'm not, but what your stating is a better product of what we are trying to achieve.
You have to start somewhere, and if we where as good as Hawthorn or Sydney at it, we would have been contsting GF's, we arent so we aim to improve.

Hawthorn and Sydney get on top of teams because not only do they grind them into the dust, but they execute at a high rate after winning the scraps.

Have a look at the 2 WCE - SYD grand finals, both low scoring affairs, but I wouldn't call them snooze fests.

Im' not trying to say your wrong, merely saying everyone looks for something different in the game that make them enjoy it.

Or D.) They don't watch the game with yellow and black tinted shades on.

The Essendon game and the Port game were hideous to watch, much like Freo of the past couple years (though they've become more watchable now). The gamestyle may win games, but they're ugly games.
Obviously I prefer the Tigers to win but i'll be farked if it isn't a struggle to watch sometimes.
Sounds like you don't watch the game with yellow and black anything.

It's the emotional attachment for me...when I watch the Tiges...I don't worry about game style...footy department failings etc etc...I just want to win and kick head. And I roll on emotionally for an hour or two...win or lose.

Any other game I'm a little detached. Can appreciate the aesthetics and the pressure.

Totally agree, you need to change that pic, every time I see it I think it's tugga

I laughed my arse off the day I decided to steal it from tugga. He gave me a spray for it off memory as well. Just as well i love the grumpy bugger.

Sent from my iPad using righteous man power.

What a deflection tonight about bias commentary, Tim says Ed bias commentary's worse and a jibberish rant about the drug cartel
Watson and Darcy are * wits. Employed by channel 7 so were being very careful and somewhat defensive regarding that other * wit Basil. I'm really starting to like and appreciate Carey and his knowledge on all things football. Isn't as biased as the other two knobs he has to work with, doesn't bullshit as much and is pretty intelligent I reckon. Good assistant for Dimma at the Tigers hey? Did you see that filthy little rat Harvey get the free for knocking the ball out of Priddis' hand. Easily in my top three of most despised players is that little dirty rodent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back