Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Broomhead has gotta be a chance. There are a few small forwards looking out of form or not ready in their development. All of Brown, Atu and Thomas are on shaky ground. I don't see too many options outside Broomhead or Varcoe who can come into that role if those guys are dropped or miss.

Just play him
Has always been one of my favourites, has all the attributes but no luck! I feel like he plays with a lot of nerves, over thinks and is scared of making a mistake. Confidence comes with games and experience, sadly he’s been robbed of that.

Probably behind Apples at the moment. I think we can bring them both in, bring him in, give him a crack.

Haven’t seen him in any scratch match write ups, what’s his form been like

Club website had some extended highlights of the scratch match we played against the Eagles and he was very prominent.

Hard to judge from such a small sample but he looks in reasonable nick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Almost needs a go at it in one of these 3-4 games just to reward him for hanging in there. Imagine being on limited money, travelling interstate, quarantining, etc. and only playing in scratch matches. Would be very easy to lose motivation.

Or be extremely grateful your club has carried you for so many years for so little return.

I am on the fence with Broomy, not sure how he is tracking in the Scratchies. It is definitely now or never though, he needs to get his chance in the coming shootout of games and show more than just a bit, or he will not be around next year in my opinion.

I am on the fence with Broomy, not sure how he is tracking in the Scratchies. It is definitely now or never though, he needs to get his chance in the coming shootout of games and show more than just a bit, or he will not be around next year in my opinion.

i‘d prefer him to a c brown, tbh. He’s got excellent skills and can kick a goal.

Broomy is a Caracella-type without Caracella’s innate ability to find space, and unfortunately, without the run of good health Caracella enjoyed prior to having his career ended by a spinal injury.

He’s going to be up against it from here on out, regardless of whether he gets game time this season or not.

Broomhead has gotta be a chance. There are a few small forwards looking out of form or not ready in their development. All of Brown, Atu and Thomas are on shaky ground. I don't see too many options outside Broomhead or Varcoe who can come into that role if those guys are dropped or miss.

You'd think given his tenure on the list (8 years) they would give him a "last chance run at it" and then finally make a call on him at years end.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back