Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Broomy is a Caracella-type without Caracella’s innate ability to find space, and unfortunately, without the run of good health Caracella enjoyed prior to having his career ended by a spinal injury.

He’s going to be up against it from here on out, regardless of whether he gets game time this season or not.

He’s elite at vfl level, his skill I excellent, he kicks goals and in in the middle racks up possession and hard balll gets, there’s heaps of upside if he gets a run at it. the thing I like is his sort hands, quick decisions, tackles well, and ability to hit a target. Main quests at AFL level is does he get enough of it at a half forward?

you see these attributes in this highlight but there are plenty more from this 35 odd games at senior level.

jackcass

Cancelled
10k Posts Magpie Service Medal Collingwood - Josh Daicos Player Sponsor 2021 Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies AFLW - Sarah Rowe Player Sponsor 2019
Oct 8, 2007
Bendigo
AFL Club
Collingwood
If we can invest 20 games into C Brown, we can give broomy 2 games to see if he's worth hanging onto .

Different players. Brown is our number 1 pressure forward and it’s something the team needs with other forwards like Stevo and Phillips bringing nothing in that regard. Broomy would never bring that compounding our inability to hold the footy in our f50 and the inability to stop the clean unpressured transition we witnessed against the weagles.

Mar 16, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Different players. Brown is our number 1 pressure forward and it’s something the team needs with other forwards like Stevo and Phillips bringing nothing in that regard. Broomy would never bring that compounding our inability to hold the footy in our f50 and the inability to stop the clean unpressured transition we witnessed against the weagles.

Broomhead’s pressure is not bad.

DWil6

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 13, 2007
Rowville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Newcastle Premier League
If broomhead is the answer then the question is how low down the ladder will we finish. Tough times.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
continuing with the positive perspective, he has probably been kept to ensure grundy signed a contract. He may never return to Victoria again... although he might attend a grand final in the future as a spectator...

pablo disco bar

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 16, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
continuing with the positive perspective, he has probably been kept to ensure grundy signed a contract. He may never return to Victoria again... although he might attend a grand final in the future as a spectator...
Not a bad gig ..

I hope he snags a few sausage rolls

I actually do hope he comes good and has a good run.

Imagine he did a Thomas and had a year out of the box

Dear Timothy,

You are, I think, one of the most unlikely looking footballers I've ever seen in Collingwood colours. Your face looks too kind, your name harks to a janitor's closet rather than stardom.

A long time ago, I cradled a hope that you would indeed find greatness, or it would find you against your wishes as you lolled in some tall grasses reciting Byron to a cricket. Even as I discovered your inadequate dietary habits, I was sure I saw a glow above your ragged mane.

Turns out the glow of greatness might have come from you basking under the armpit of Brodes.

But you're back. Maybe the love story of Broom and Brodes isn't done with yet. All the best in your return, you lovely mystery of a man.

Xox.

May 12, 2014
FNQ
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sixers
Excited for the kid! broomy has followed the difficult path all his AFL career, hopefully now he gets some luck.

He's filled out a lot since the early days plus his tank should be well developed. I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Should have good pace, crumbing and goal instincts.

Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
you could call this a job interview for broomy. He gets to show off his skills to a perspective employer. If he can manage to impress the crows his AFL journey will continue....maybe we can package deal him with Wills, Madgen, Appleby, and other unliked pie players for the crows number 1 draft pic

peter9789

Club Legend
Aug 25, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Can't have been easy making his way back from this horrific injury, and then toiling away in the VFL team all last year. I wish him every success - just so great to see him come back.

It's all or nothing for him this season - cannot see Collingwood hanging onto him for another year - must show something in the next 6 weeks or his career is over.

Good luck Tim

Broomy’s been out of the side so long, the club should film him ringing his mum to tell her he’s back.:rolleyes:

I’m actually really shocked. Recall seeing him run in a training session last year, where he had a very strange wobbly gait. Looked awful. Credit to the medical staff and to him. Has shown some fight to push his way back.

Back