Player Watch Tim Broomhead - (Delisted 2020)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 26, 2009
Yarra Bend
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Dear Timothy,

You are, I think, one of the most unlikely looking footballers I've ever seen in Collingwood colours. Your face looks too kind, your name harks to a janitor's closet rather than stardom.

A long time ago, I cradled a hope that you would indeed find greatness, or it would find you against your wishes as you lolled in some tall grasses reciting Byron to a cricket. Even as I discovered your inadequate dietary habits, I was sure I saw a glow above your ragged mane.

Turns out the glow of greatness might have come from you basking under the armpit of Brodes.

But you're back. Maybe the love story of Broom and Brodes isn't done with yet. All the best in your return, you lovely mystery of a man.

Xox.
Missed that one. What a ripper post. I'll make sure that goes into Timothy's letter box.

Horaceg

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2014
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Last games of the H&A season? I don't think so. Tyler Brown has leaped him in the midfield rankings and Ruscoe has leaped him in the forward rankings, so I can't see Broomhead getting a game anywhere
Sadly I think we may have seen the last of Broomy, each time he started to look likely he broke.

He has talent but time is not his friend and the future catches up quickly. The one possible advantage he has, he wouldn't be costing much and we have a lot of aging players who will most likely exit this year.

Ingy

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Trying to toe in a bouncing ball on the goal line?

Yes. He had no thought of what might happen to him, just a single-minded attack on the ball. That is courage to me. If going back with the flight of the ball into contact with a player who may or not be there takes courage, then committing to contact with an unyielding metal post that is definitely there takes more, in my opinion. Feel free to disagree

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back