Recommitted Tim English

Aug 22, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
They're really at way different stages of their development. Not suggesting clubs wouldn't want English but he looks like he needs a couple of years developing his body and his ruck craft before he's ready to lead the ruck for a club.
Lobb is entering his prime and seems over his groin soreness and back problems.
Do you want a guy to ruck year or a great prospect to develop I think.
Agreed - Instead of having to get into a bid war with WC as we are both chasing him there is now another viable option potentially on the market where we won't have to pay overs to attain, and either player would fit a similar role at Freo. I'd be happy to wait a couple of years for English to develop as we already have tall options on the list, albeit missing out on the immediate impact Lobb would give.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
I know this post is just rumour-mongering, but I would swap Sean Darcy for English, and think both clubs could be satisfied. Darcy the stronger ruck and more "ready to go", English more mobility and around the ground skills.

footyfan000001

Cancelled
Jun 8, 2006
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I know this post is just rumour-mongering, but I would swap Sean Darcy for English, and think both clubs could be satisfied. Darcy the stronger ruck and more "ready to go", English more mobility and around the ground skills.

The “around the ground mobility” is what Luke Beveridge wants in a ruckman so no chance I’d say!

But I do think you have a ripper in Darcy.

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
The “around the ground mobility” is what Luke Beveridge wants in a ruckman so no chance I’d say!

But I do think you have a ripper in Darcy.
I don't think either club would be keen on losing these two ruckmen, but at the same time, they could be inclined to look for moves home.

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
WHAT? You'd trade a slug like Sean Darcy for one of the most high-potential mobile rucks in the comp? WOWEE!

If the Doggies cared about strength so much, they never would've gotten rid of Minson!

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
WHAT? You'd trade a slug like Sean Darcy for one of the most high-potential mobile rucks in the comp? WOWEE!

If the Doggies cared about strength so much, they never would've gotten rid of Minson!
Oooh lookee 'ere, a Brisbane poster so invested that he posted a really mature response. What a guy! Even went with some capital letters and an exclamation mark!!!

English has potential, Darcy has production. Both are destined to be very good rucks.

Antares

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Oooh lookee 'ere, a Brisbane poster so invested that he posted a really mature response. What a guy! Even went with some capital letters and an exclamation mark!!!

English has potential, Darcy has production. Both are destined to be very good rucks.
Because you made an absolutely ridiculous post. Sean Darcy looks like a professional hot dog eater, and was absolutely terrible in the Fremantle games I watched this year. What a joke that you'd suggest he's of equal value to English; every single club in the competition would take English in an attosecond.

At least the joke is funny :D

theGav56

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 11, 2004
Bali
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle
Because you made an absolutely ridiculous post. Sean Darcy looks like a professional hot dog eater, and was absolutely terrible in the Fremantle games I watched this year. What a joke that you'd suggest he's of equal value to English; every single club in the competition would take English in an attosecond.

At least the joke is funny :D
You are such a tough guy and I am sure the other kids in the playground are scared of you stealing their lunch money. In the adult world we discuss things.

Which game was he absolutely terrible in?

Again, as a ruckman English is projecting as potential, which he has heaps of. Darcy, as a 19 year old, averaging 33 hit outs per game this year, and named as the ruck in the AFLs under 22 team of the year, is doing just fine, right now.

English is rated on about par with Naughton/Richards levels internally. If we were to pick 5 untouchable players on our list English would likely be on it. I doubt either WA club could satisfy a trade demand even if English was on the table.

West Coasters

Rookie
Sep 30, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Id happy give up pick 20 + 21 (or whatever the picks end up being) or one of those plus next years first for him. The bulldogs wont do that though. He will be a star.

Jun 29, 2006
Nthn Beaches
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
BBGFC and LRGC
Id happy give up pick 20 + 21 (or whatever the picks end up being) or one of those plus next years first for him. The bulldogs wont do that though. He will be a star.
Thats terrific cheers. So generous of you. :rolleyes:

We'd be happy to trade Dean Towers, Nic Newman, Dan Robinson, Jordan Dawson, picks 34, 41 and 30 minutes alone with Isaac Heeney's mum....but i dont think they'd do that either

The kid has gun written across his forehead.

Back