Recommitted Tim English [Re-signed Until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

I 'speak good English' and thought you were using slight hyperbole and claiming Rowan Marshall was worth what Geelong paid for Cameron.
If you thought Marshall was worth 3 first rounders and you thus said “if Cameron was worth 3 then so would Marshall”, to express that, perhaps your English isn’t as good as you think!

It literally doesn’t make any sense. It would be terrible English.

I didn’t say he was worth 3, I said that Darcy would be worth one and that if Cameron was worth 3, then Marshall would be too. As in like Darcy, he would be worth one.

If I was saying that Marshall was worth 3 I would have said “is”, rather than “would”. As in he is worth 3, like Cameron.
Just because Jezza netted 3 first round picks does not make it that your ruckman would get the same if asking for a trade is the point i think is so not true

Strong start to the year 20 touches 18 hitouts

Very much a lone hand; he's best as a 3rd tall that spits ruck duties since there's a very short list of people competent in both roles who can also cover the ground like he can. I know that he sees himself as a number one ruck but I think that's not the ideal role for him.

Strong start to the year 20 touches 18 hitouts
8 of those touches were from free kicks for. Was an extraordinary number. He did play pretty well though and took quite a few good marks

Not all first round picks are equal.

Any way it was 13,15,20 and fourth rounder for Cameron and 2 second round picks.

It was in effect picks 18 20 23 and 72 for cameron and 2 2nds which we on traded for pick 25 (mitch knevitt) which cancels out 23. In effect 18 20 and 72 for cameron which was a better deal for gws than FA compo but not the '3 first rounders' everyone makes out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah he was OK in that regard but saying he is as skilled with ball in hand and at ground level as Tim is not true. He was a better tap Rickman.
...You never watched Cox play

Just because I said I think English has/had better skills doesn't mean I never watch Dean play.
It's quite clear if you think Tim English is a more skilled ruckman with the ball then Cox, that you never watched him play.

It's quite clear if you think Tim English is a more skilled ruckman with the ball then Cox, that you never watched him play.
Skills wise I think he is with ball in hand, people forget English was an onball mid before his big growth spurt. So always had a midfielders mentality. And yes I watched Dean play many times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back