Recommitted Tim English [Re-signed Until 2024]

Remove this Banner Ad

Am assuming the Doggies would want to lock him away long term, on a 5 year deal etc ?
Yeah, what worries me is the prospect of him signing a short extension to bring him to free agency, as that would mean West Coast are in a much better position in 2024 to bring in established talent. I hope we sign him 4-5 years

Yeah, what worries me is the prospect of him signing a short extension to bring him to free agency, as that would mean West Coast are in a much better position in 2024 to bring in established talent. I hope we sign him 4-5 years
Every chance we’d get more losing him as a free agent in 2 years than in a trade now (plus we get the extra 2 years out of him).

They’ve been saying he’s staying for awhile now but nothing official. Think he stays as many claim it’s close tho

But another big game by English to add a bit more dollars
We have a lot of stars out of contract so I imagine a lot of deals are in principal and 98% done subject to how the rest of the signings transpire.

We have a lot of stars out of contract so I imagine a lot of deals are in principal and 98% done subject to how the rest of the signings transpire.

I suspect you will lose Dunkley and keep the rest of your OOC required players.

Sam Edmund saying 2 year deal done. So we'll be back here again in a couple of years friends.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2 year deal, that’s West Coasts music. Interesting he doesn’t want to sign for more given his age
There's a lot of reasons. Free agency and potential interstate moves with his partner given they might not know where they will eventually settle down .

His free agency contract in two years time will be an expected monster 5 year deal that will take him until he's 32.

Yeah it’s a bit to be expected. Takes him to free agency.
Agree. If we're contending in 2 years he'll be more likely to stay. If we're garbage to middling in 2 years then the 1st round compensation (presumably) we get is probably fair value for a player who wants to leave.

I've said it before but his agent has failed him here in my opinion if there is no 2-3 year option (in his favour) at similar money as the next 2 years. A player in Tim's position should have been able to get both access to free-agency in 2 years time and 5 years of financial security.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back