Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 13, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Tottenham
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tim_&_Eric

Recently started watching this show. It was a 11 minute show that aired on the Adult Swim "block" of Cartoon Network, despite it being a live action sketch show. Adult Swim is notable for zany adult cartoons such as Aqua Teen Hunger Force, Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, Sealab, Robot Chicken, Metalocolypse, Venture Brothers, Frisky Dingo etc. . From the makers of the animation Tom Goes to The Mayor (which I haven't seen much of).

It's very Monty Python-esque, in that the show reminds me of their more zany sketches. At first I didn't know what the **** I was watching but now I'm hooked. The hook of the show is probably the editing, many sketches have the "bad instructional video from the 90s/late 80s" feel to them. A lot of the humour is, I suppose you'd called it bathos humour (probably not using the term correctly), i.e. "so bad it's good". Other humour is just general random non sequitars and plain old gross out humour (lots of vomit).

Recurring guests include John C Reilly as Dr. Steve Brule a misguided doctor who hosts a self help segment. Zach Galifianakis (bearded guy from The Hangover) as actor Tairy Greene, who is usually seen running a bizarre acting class for children.

David Liebe Hart and James Quall are the two gems of the show. David Liebe Hart is a guy who hosts a public access puppet show called something like the Christian Science Bible Hour. He believes he was abducted by aliens and sings churchy songs and songs about an alien race called the corinnians alongside his scary weird puppets. Look it up on youtube, that's not his character, that's who he is. His songs are featured on the show but he also acts as other characters where his lacking of acting talent is hilarious.

James Quall is similar to DL Hart in that he is what he first appears as in the show. A horrible comedian and impressionist. Again look on youtube for his vids (None of them will be T&E related as Adult swim content is taken down quickly). He also often appears as an actor in sketches much like DL Hart.

Anyway enough. It's hard to describe this show. Just watch it if you like really really bizarre things. I think it's on Comedy Channel once a week. I'm so addicted I've basically watched the entire 50 episodes in about 5 sittings. If the episode or the sketches seem to be hit and miss give it another chance because after a few eps the show hits you.

EDIT: It's on 12AM Fridays, Comedy Channel.

I'm a massive fan of theirs. If you haven't seen Tom Goes To The Mayor, it's actually quite different and more subtle, especially with the dialogue, but similarly weird. Also very very dark. But very very funny.

WheresChippy.gif

I'm a massive fan of theirs. If you haven't seen Tom Goes To The Mayor, it's actually quite different and more subtle, especially with the dialogue, but similarly weird. Also very very dark. But very very funny.

Rats off to ya! Yeah, Tim and Eric are quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm still not convinced that those guys (I forget their names) aren't just actors and all the youtube clips aren't an elaborate backstory for the show.

Either way, Tim & Eric are great. Although there have definitely been some dud episodes.

David Liebe Hart (the black alien guy) is the real deal. His stuff has been on youtube forever and there are even tv shows interviewing this guy from way back. I get the feeling he has lost the "christian" part of his beliefs or they were very loose as he has some very strange songs about sex and laments about his previous relationships with women who have left him. There's weird song on youtube he does with some guy about him liking Asian women for example.

Old Spice ads directed by Tim and Eric.

[youtube]e7PD4f5uTOU[/youtube]

Building kick!

Tim and Eric's billion dollar movie will be interesting.

It will have Will Ferrell, John C Reilly and Zach Galifinakis in it however apparently they'll be playing different characters (perhaps in addition to Brule/Greene). So you'd think it would get a rather mainstream release.

Tim and Eric's billion dollar movie will be interesting.

It will have Will Ferrell, John C Reilly and Zach Galifinakis in it however apparently they'll be playing different characters (perhaps in addition to Brule/Greene). So you'd think it would get a rather mainstream release.

Man it'd be hilarious to see what all the twat reviewers say. I'd guess a lot would say worst movie ever.:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back